Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Enqueue and drag drop not working (Read 3289 times) previous topic - next topic

Enqueue and drag drop not working

Hi,
after the weekend I couldn't use enqueue/play context menu on folders anymore. Drag'n'drop doesn't work likewise. Files are getting processed but don't appear in the playlist. With a clean install everything is fine and with all the comps and settings copied over it's still fine. Problem occures when I copy the foobar.cfg or import fcl of my columnsUI layout. Switching to Default User Interface doesn't help.
Any idea what could cause this? I'd want to rescue my layout!

JD

Reply #1
Files are getting processed but don't appear in the playlist. With a clean install everything is fine and with all the comps and settings copied over it's still fine. Problem occures when I copy the foobar.cfg

I am no expert to that but two spontaneous ideas I have:
  • Have you set accidentally adding-restrictions (Preferences / General / Adding new files)?
  • Are the new files added but send to a playlist which doesn't get the focus?
Also you could make hardcopies of the relevant foobar-settings ("alt + print" for the active window only) of both working and not working configuration. Comparing them you should be able to find the responsible setting causing the problem.

Robertina.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #2
both questions must be answered: no!

I compared the columnsui configs but no difference!

thx for answering.

jd

Reply #3
ok found the error. to err is human.

wildcard means ALL!! learned that now..."Exclude File Types:
  • "

thx for reading.

Reply #4
wildcard means ALL!! learned that now..."Exclude File Types:
  • "

Problem is solved, fine.  

Be aware that the media library has a similar dialog to include or exclude files (Preferences / Media Library -> File Types).

Robertina.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #5
I am still having this issue.  I checked my exclusions and for some reason I also had the "*" for some reason out of the blue.  I've always been able to drag and drop without issue for over 6 months + since I started using foobar.  I run foobar in admin mode which I've always done.  This is windows 7 64-bit.

Screens of my exclusions (or lack there-of)....

And my 'Forbidden' cursor when I try to drag in a file from windows explorer....

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.