Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Monitors - M-Audio BX5 D2 vs. BX8 D2 (Read 3755 times) previous topic - next topic

Monitors - M-Audio BX5 D2 vs. BX8 D2

Hi all,

Considering getting either the M-Audio BX5s or BX8s. From what I've read one is not simply a larger version of the other. i.e. the BX8 is slightly low in the mids and the BX5s are slightly low in the low end bass.

So, if these were the same price which would be better?
And how much does it depend on room size?

At the moment I'm slightly bias toward the smaller model as I tend to mix light on bass and a relative lack of low end bass may not be a bad thing (i.e. correct for this). But Amazon is just about to do the BX8s for the same price as the BX5s (assuming it's not a mistake) and a bargain is tempting me -- perhaps for the sake of a bargain rather than pure audible rationale. That's what I'm hoping to correct.

FInally, I don't require massive volume. And they will be about 1 meter away from my head. I want them for mixing (not casual listening).

Any help / advice / experience with these monitors -- much appreciated.
Thanks,

C.

EDIT: Added links
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)