Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MP3/EAC Technical Info and User Guide (Read 7511 times) previous topic - next topic

MP3/EAC Technical Info and User Guide

Hi there,

I just finished translating my article about MP3 and EAC. It contains techinical info about the format, step-by-step guides for EAC and tips on how to record MP3/CD to MiniDisc walkmans.

It's located here: http://www.guillaume.tk.

Just have a look if you want, and I'd like responds (additions, corrections etc.)

Greetz,
        Guillaume.

Reply #1
Looks nice except for one thing.
Why do you link to r3mix-forum for info about --alt-preset standard? With all respect to r3mix - hydrogenaudio.org is no doubt the best place for most recent, most accurate, most technically valid and throughout info about --alt-preset settings..
It was developed by Dibrom (main admin of this site), this is the dev site of alt-presets - many people here helped during the latest development phase, so in my opinion this site should be the main site for discussion about it and also linked for further reference about alt-presets.
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #2
This was because of Citay, JohnV.

Guillaume first posted at r3mix forum and I gave him the link to the list on this site but Citay said I should have given him the link to the list on r3mix since he posted on r3mix.

That most be the reason.........

Reply #3
Originally posted by JohnV
Looks nice except for one thing. 
Why do you link to r3mix-forum for info about --alt-preset standard? With all respect to r3mix - hydrogenaudio.org is no doubt the best place for most recent, most accurate, most technically valid and throughout info about --alt-preset settings..
It was developed by Dibrom (main admin of this site), this is the dev site of alt-presets - many people here helped during the latest development phase, so in my opinion this site should be the main site for discussion about it and also linked for further reference about alt-presets.

Hehe, I thought someone would say that . Have a look here http://66.96.216.160/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board...3530504&start=0. To keep both of you a friend, I'll link to both lists, OK?

Be sure to read the whole article!

Reply #4
Sorry, seems that i have to apologize. I certainly think that there should be a link to HA's list of settings on Guillaume's page. What i meant is that when people post on r3, they often link to the list on here, neglecting the r3 list. This is indeed a case of "board policy" on r3mix, which i previously discussed with another person from there. However, i personally came to the conclusion that it is no longer appropriate, and i will not ask people to link to the r3mix list anymore, when they post there. I hope that this explained a few things.

Again, sorry if this made Guillaume only link to the r3mix list at first.

Reply #5
Originally posted by CiTay
Sorry, seems that i have to apologize. I certainly think that there should be a link to HA's list of settings on Guillaume's page. What i meant is that when people post on r3, they often link to the list on here, neglecting the r3 list. This is indeed a case of "board policy" on r3mix, which i previously discussed with another person from there. However, i personally came to the conclusion that it is no longer appropriate, and i will not ask people to link to the r3mix list anymore, when they post there. I hope that this explained a few things.

Again, sorry if this made Guillaume only link to the r3mix list at first.

CiTay, it sure did make me do so  but I really don't care which of the lists people go to. They're much like each other. But I think and hope everybody is happy now: I linked to both lists in the article .

Too bad M3DZone.com hasn't put a news post about the article, although I sure sent a message . Yeah, I know, the more hits the better, it just turns me on :eek:. Sorry it's late over here:rolleyes:.