Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
? In the place of track length on last track
Emperor5353
post Dec 25 2008, 20:57
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 30500

When I load a cue file all the tracks load fine except for the last track....instead of track length I get a question mark....I cannot access tagging sites and it wont let me convert flacs to .mpcs.....any ideas??
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jan S.
post Dec 25 2008, 21:14
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 21

Where? foobar?
Embedded or external?
Does it happen with all cue sheets?
Please post an example (the cue sheet).
+Quote Post
Emperor5353
post Dec 25 2008, 21:20
Post #3

Member No.: 30500

Well, this is odd...not sure what I did but I closed out Foobar and restarted and everything works fine now??
+Quote Post
Boiled Beans
post Dec 26 2008, 17:04
Post #4

Member No.: 51870

QUOTE (Emperor5353 @ Dec 26 2008, 04:20) *
Well, this is odd...not sure what I did but I closed out Foobar and restarted and everything works fine now??

I have similar error, on the Sony Ericsson Disc2Phone software. I would use foobar to convert FLAC files to MP3 files. The last MP3 always displayed track time as ?.

But it didn't bother me much since it displayed the correct time on the phone.
+Quote Post
Pavlo Vovk
post Jan 31 2009, 04:28
Post #5

Member No.: 63359

I have the same problem for a very long time already.... OK. I have a CUE and APE files (separately) on my laptop.

1) Playing CUE with APE inside from laptop - fine.
2) Converting APE to FLAC. Changing APE -> FLAC in CUE file. Playing CUE from laptop - fine.
3) Copying FLAC and CUE to folder on external hard drive. Playing CUE - last track is "?", total time unknown.
4) Copying APE to the external hard drive.. Changing back in CUE: FLAC -> APE. PLaying CUE - fine!
5) ODD STUFF! Again, changing back APE -> FLAC in CUE. Playing CUE - FINE!
6) Removing APE, playing CUE - still fine! The problem is gone!

Foobar2000 0.9.6.2.

?????

This post has been edited by Pavlo Vovk: Jan 31 2009, 04:31
+Quote Post
rrlagic
post Apr 14 2010, 05:53
Post #6

Member No.: 79850

QUOTE (Emperor5353 @ Dec 26 2008, 04:57) *
When I load a cue file all the tracks load fine except for the last track....instead of track length I get a question mark....I cannot access tagging sites and it wont let me convert flacs to .mpcs.....any ideas??

I have manually deleted lines with "FLAGS DCP" and my cue-s get fixed. In other cue-s it was enough to open-save cue with text editor.

This post has been edited by rrlagic: Apr 14 2010, 05:58
+Quote Post
hlloyge
post Apr 14 2010, 08:25
Post #7

Member No.: 27018

I had similar problem the other day with some cue files which wanted to be played ONLY from original folder where unpacked. When moved to work folder, the questionmark showed.
I didn't really know what happened. I will post details next time.
+Quote Post
nmccrina
post Apr 14 2010, 21:23
Post #8

Member No.: 79870

I have this problem too. To clarify, I am using single FLAC files + external cuesheet generated from EAC. On some discs (not all) the last track doesn't have a duration, even though there is nothing obviously different about the cuesheet. Also, the one song affected by this that I've played so far did not get uploaded to Last.fm via the audioscrobbler component. I'll try a few more to see if this is consistent.

Edit: Confirmed. The affected songs do not get uploaded to last.fm.

This post has been edited by nmccrina: Apr 14 2010, 21:35
+Quote Post
nmccrina
post Apr 14 2010, 21:51
Post #9

Member No.: 79870

Ha! I have a solution. Find the track in your library, right click the file, and click "Properties". Go to the "Properties" tab, then click the "Tools" button. There will be an option that says "Reload Info". Click this, and the song should now have a duration instead of a ?.
+Quote Post
Nanonyma
post Jan 19 2013, 16:35
Post #10

Member No.: 75651

Ok, I know, this thread is quite old, but as I've stumbled in with the same problem with the questionmark on the last track of some flac-images, I wanna give my solution to all other future visitors.

I've found out, that this seems to be a problem with hidden command characters in the cue-sheet, which are there cause the file went through a unix/linux system. So you have to clean the cue-sheet and all will be fine. To do this automatically, you can make a batch-file to tell a tiny cl-tool Unix2Dos http://waterlan.home.xs4all.nl/dos2unix.html to do the work.

That's all.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th December 2014 - 20:42