Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: sharing files off of a CD-R (Read 3128 times) previous topic - next topic

sharing files off of a CD-R

don't know if this has been asked before but...

if someone wanted to save some space on their harddrive would it be possible to share file over a p2p network just by putting some mp3's on a disc and share from your cd-rom? the only bad thing about it would be if you wanted to share lots of files you would have to encode them at 128kbps.

Reply #1
Yeah, you can do this with winmx anyway. Just add the files on the drive to your shared file list.

Reply #2
Sure you can, but I wouldn't recommend it since it will eventually damage some of the parts in the CD-ROM when heat is beginning to build up...

Reply #3
Sure you can, but I wouldn't recommend it since it will eventually damage some of the parts in the CD-ROM when heat is beginning to build up...

That also depends on the drive speed and the drive brand. Usually, faster drive= more heat.
My 2 drives don't heat a crap the discs as they don't spin too fast.

Reply #4
yeah maybe it's not a good idea since my discs spin very fast. when i take them out they are so hot you could cook an egg em. oh well, thanks for your answers.

Reply #5
yeah maybe it's not a good idea since my discs spin very fast. when i take them out they are so hot you could cook an egg em. oh well, thanks for your answers.

You can lower the speed using nero drive speed:

http://www.cdspeed2000.com/go.php3?link=download.html