Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Multiple tracks as single WAV + cue sheet (Read 2744 times) previous topic - next topic

Multiple tracks as single WAV + cue sheet

Hi !

I probably used some incorrect search arguments, TIA for pointing me in the right direction.

I am looking for a way to instruct EAC to do the following: Treat an album — or a number of separate tracks — as a continuous WAV file, with an indexing cue sheet.

For instance, extracting Dark Side of the Moon to a single 43 min MP3, including track titles and markers, for uniterrupted playback with, possibly, the ability to jump to the beginning of a specific song.

I have done it successfully with live albums, using WAV editors and cue sheet generators, but it proved very labor intensive and i was wondering if there would be some way to automate the process?
[span style=\'color:green\'][span style=\'font-family:Geneva\'][span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']« You may say I'm a dreamer... But I am not the only one... »[/span][/span][/span]

Reply #1
Action > Copy image & Create CUE Sheet

EDIT: oh wait, did you say you want to leave gaps out? The above command will include gaps, AFAIK there is not a similar command for leftout gaps. You'll have to use a WAV editor
(Probably leaving gaps out after a gap detection, and manually editing the resulting cue afterwards will do that, but that won't be fun)

Reply #2
Huh? Copy Image & Create CUE Sheet will do exactly what Personne was asking for.

Personne:

If you do that (ripping the CD to one large wave file with CUE sheet, which is what liekloo's suggestion would achieve), you will have to use the mp3cue plugin for Winamp to be able to skip between the individual tracks, and you will have to make sure that EAC writes the CD-Text information to the CUE file ("EAC | EAC Options | Tools | Use CD-Text information for CUE sheet generation").

mp3cue is available here. (The official site is, like, gone.)

That method is much inferior to encoding to a gapless format though IMHO. If you use MPC or Vorbis, you can rip the album to separate files as you would do with any other CD, and still enjoy gapless playback, provided you configure your player correctly. (Also, DSOTM deserves to be encoded to a high quality format like MPC. )

Reply #3
Huh? Copy Image & Create CUE Sheet will do exactly what Personne was asking for.

Oh I see 
Personne, you mean you want gapless playback? Not leaving pregaps (or gaps) out?

If so, the command 'copy image + create cue' will do.

Reply #4
Follow-up: I have found the «Copy Range» command to be a little better suited for my purpose, to split the DSOTM like the way it was intended to be listened to on vinyl, in two continuous sides. I especially liked the ability to «Snap to Gap» and «Snap to Track». But the suggested «Copy Image & Create Cue Sheet» did a beautiful job on Clapton's Unplugged... 

Thanks again.
[span style=\'color:green\'][span style=\'font-family:Geneva\'][span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']« You may say I'm a dreamer... But I am not the only one... »[/span][/span][/span]