Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC - Process Wave (Read 2675 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC - Process Wave

I'm transferring my cassette tapes to digital files. I have done line-in recording with the MusicMatch recorder and then processed the recorded WAV files using EAC to identify individual tracks and create a Cue Sheet. I have then split the large WAV file into individual tracks using EAC. This process has worked well.

Last night I recorded using the Media Center recorder. The recording appeared to go without incident. At the end of the recording session, the Media Center recorder reported it was "Normalizing" the tracks (this may be a setting I need to investigate), then displayed "Finished".

When I attempted to Process the WAV file using EAC, the processing window did not open. I ran the Compare function of EAC, using the recorded WAV file as one of the pair, and EAC read it. I imported the WAV file that EAC would not process into a WAV editor, Audacity, and examined it. It seemed to load and play normally. I also played the WAV file using WinAmp without difficulty.

EAC has processed many WAV files for me without previous incident. Any suggestions on why it will not process this latest WAV file?

EAC - Process Wave

Reply #1
EAC's editor supports only uncompressed 44100Hz 16bit stereo WAVs, if your recorded file has other parameters then that's why it won't load.

EAC - Process Wave

Reply #2
EAC's editor supports only uncompressed 44100Hz 16bit stereo WAVs, if your recorded file has other parameters then that's why it won't load.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=308380"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

In this case, EAC's compare function also shouldn't work.
I know that I know nothing. But how can I then know that ?

EAC - Process Wave

Reply #3
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=308380"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

EAC - Process Wave

Reply #4
Dumb mistake on my part. I loaded a profile, essential.cfg, that I downloaded from the internet. It pointed the Wave Editor at a non-existent directory on my C:\ drive for processing. When I changed to an existing directory, processing proceeded normally. Thanks for your response.