Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: new ffdshow 2004-10-12 (Read 7830 times) previous topic - next topic

new ffdshow 2004-10-12

Reply #1
thx, it works great!

new ffdshow 2004-10-12

Reply #2
Which build (regular/sse/sse2) is recommended for which cpu families?

I have an Athlon XP 1800, it supports SSE (but not SSE2). But that doesn't automatically mean it is recommended now does it?
Should I use regular or SSE optimized?

Regards,

Tikke24x

new ffdshow 2004-10-12

Reply #3
The SSE version seems to work fine on my AMD XP 2200.

new ffdshow 2004-10-12

Reply #4
Quick guide:
P3/Athlon XP -> SSE
P4(/Athlon 64) -> SSE 2
others -> generic

new ffdshow 2004-10-12

Reply #5
Ah great, thanks for the answers. 

But does the SSE build also run faster than the regular build on Athlon XP (since SSE are Intel Pentium instructions)?

new ffdshow 2004-10-12

Reply #6

But does the SSE build also run faster than the regular build on Athlon XP (since SSE are Intel Pentium instructions)?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If a processor claims to support a particular instruction set, it should, shouldn't it?
You can BTW use something like [a href="http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002374/src/download.html]WCPUID[/url] or CPU-Z to check which instructions sets your processor supports.
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

new ffdshow 2004-10-12

Reply #7

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=248298"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

They have a technology exhange agreement. AMD can use SSE/SSE2/SSE3 and Intel can use AMD64 (renamed to EMT64). So yes, when there's an SSE or SSE2 build, it should be faster on any CPU that supports it.

new ffdshow 2004-10-12

Reply #8
SSE is present on every AMD processor sold now, including the Durons.
Integer SSE is present on every K7 processor.

new ffdshow 2004-10-12

Reply #9
Anyone having problems with this new ffdshow?  I certainly am.  I doesn't seem to want to play any of my H264 videos encoded with x264.  Also, be sure that you don't install it in a directory with spaces otherwise it may not register itself (Even regsvr32 won't do any good here).

new ffdshow 2004-10-12

Reply #10
Anyone having problems with this new ffdshow?

i don't have any problem, but i use it only to play .ac3 and .dts

new ffdshow 2004-10-12

Reply #11
Thanks again for all the responses