Reply to this topicStart new topic
Remove silence from mp3s, An easy way to remove silence from mp3s
Ephoras
post Aug 19 2012, 00:33
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 84135

hiho,
long time since i posted last, but now i have a question about music so u guys are my first idea wink.gif

I have a bunch of songs that are ripped from web radios, youtube etc which have "silence" parts at the end or the beginning.
Before i start cutting all of them in Audacity or mp3directcut, i wanted to know if there is a tool which does things like this automaticcaly for me;)

I useed foobar2k fpr years so i activated the Skip silence option and rly forgot about it, but since i bought the ipod Nano i use itunes and cant find such a feature...

can u help me? or do i have to wirk myselfe through my library by hand?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
slks
post Aug 24 2012, 10:17
Post #2

Member No.: 29046

GoldWave has a batch processing feature that will let you use any of its effects (one of which is silence reduction) across large numbers of files.

However, if your files aren't lossless, audio quality will be degraded by doing this, since it involves decoding them for editing, then re-encoding. Whether the quality degradation will be audible is another question, but if you're worried about it - MP3directcut doesn't do any re-encoding, so it would be the "safest" way to go in terms of sound quality.

--------------------
http://www.last.fm/user/sls/
+Quote Post
extrabigmehdi
post Aug 24 2012, 11:38
Post #3

Member No.: 72330

mp3DirectCut is the only software I know, that claims to allow splitting of mp3 files without re-encoding.
+Quote Post
naturfreak
post Aug 24 2012, 12:31
Post #4

Member No.: 9338

There is also mp3SPLT
+Quote Post
Apesbrain
post Aug 24 2012, 12:47
Post #5

Member No.: 10915

I've used mpTrim to do what you describe. It does not transcode. It has a batch mode, but I think it's only available in the paid version.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2014 - 16:07