Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Opinions On Sound Cards for Scientific Research (Read 2641 times) previous topic - next topic

Opinions On Sound Cards for Scientific Research

I would like to know what sound card would be best suited for scientific research. I was wanting to find a two in by two out variable bit rate and variable sample rate card that could go to extremes. (5 to 40K cps range) My intent is to perfect a standard method for working with ENF that is Daubert passable.

Opinions On Sound Cards for Scientific Research

Reply #1
I would like to know what sound card would be best suited for scientific research. I was wanting to find a two in by two out variable bit rate and variable sample rate card that could go to extremes. (5 to 40K cps range) My intent is to perfect a standard method for working with ENF that is Daubert passable.

What specifications (if any) can be formulated for ENF forensics that are any different from scientific/lab-use or studio use in general?

I would think that a 192kHz sampling-rate 24-bit card with good measured real-life specs would be a good starting point for downsampling to a small bandwidth centered at 50/60Hz in software.

Legal requirements based on poor technical arguments I know nothing about.

-k