Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ALAC not available after upgrading to foobar2000 v1.1.10 (Read 8373 times) previous topic - next topic

ALAC not available after upgrading to foobar2000 v1.1.10

After upgrading to foobar2000 v1.1.10, ALAC doesn't automatically appear as an available encoder in the Choose output file format dialog box. Am I missing something?

Here's a screenshot of my available encoders.

[blockquote][/blockquote]

Many thanks!

Reply #1
although foobar now decodes ALAC natively, it doesn't have an encoding preset built-in so you'll have to use the add new button to create your own. you'll need to find an ALAC encoder. i think most people would recommend using refalac found in the qaac package found on this page: http://sites.google.com/site/qaacpage/cabinet

Reply #2
Thanks, marc2003! That sent me down the correct path. 

For more information, there's some additional refalac setup information at [a href='index.php?showtopic=92296']this topic[/a].