Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Home stereo display (Read 266712 times) previous topic - next topic

Home stereo display

Home stereo display SDK v 1.0
Download (rapidshare)
Download (badongo)

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
VERSION 1.9.1 NANO
Changelog:
-Mouse click editing of:Rating\Mood,playback order,follow cursor mode,volume mute
-Track\album gain indicator
-Compact size
-New glass overlay image

IMPORTANT:
Take a moment to read the "instructions.txt" as it contains all the definitions of variables you may want to change.Also note that the fonts list now includes "Rsegment" instead of "7 Segment"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THEMES
Hello creative people of the world!As you can see i've added a limited (for now) themes support and even provided some "out of the box" themes.But when it comes to art i SUCK.
So if you have created something beautiful,don't keep it for your self!Share it with  the rest of the world
and be remembered!
How to share the themes? If you've done one,save it's definition in a text file,
add your images and put it in the archive,upload it to wherever you like and send me a PM or E-mail
(russel777@gmail.com) and i'll post it in the FIRST PAGE of this topic.Your message must contain:
-Your Name (for the history books)
-Name of your theme (for geek history books)
-Link to download the archive
-Link to a screenshot
-Comments (optional)
You can of cos post it yourself,but it will get lost in other people's posts and will be difficult to find.Enjoy!!

Credits goes to Strictly4me for the glass image,and to all of you who
gave me ideas and provided me with help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To install a theme,copy the whole theme definition from the .txt file into ////Themes//// section in your code

FOR Versions prior to V 1.8
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                          Elementals suite by Sw!ng

http://rapidshare.de/files/33027437/Swings_Themes.zip.html
Favourite artist:CD-R
Favourite album:700MB

Home stereo display

Reply #1
This looks good.  Thank you. : )

For next versions, can you add more codecs (FLAC, APE, WavPack, etc.)?  And alternate colour schemes, please?

Again, thank you.

Home stereo display

Reply #2
To install a theme,copy the whole theme definition from the .txt file into ////Themes//// section in your code

FOR V 1.8

Haze by Brandon Binn

http://www.biniaris.net/public_files/Pics/Foobar/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slarv by vader897

Download

Neuro by vader897

http://rapidshare.de/files/33595730/neuro.rar.html

Grey Ghost by Stuart60611

http://rapidshare.de/files/33632905/Grey_Ghost.7z.html

Home stereo display

Reply #3
this is really awsome...It's working great for me....thanks for everything...just when I thought foobar could'nt get any better...good stuff

Home stereo display

Reply #4
This looks simply great! As there many other popular codecs (aac, the lossless ones): Can you modify it in a way, that only one codec is displayed?

Home stereo display

Reply #5
This looks simply great! As there many other popular codecs (aac, the lossless ones): Can you modify it in a way, that only one codec is displayed?

New version is in progress.
I need good symbol fonts to make this panel more readable,so if anyone knows of such a font
please share it's name (or even better a download link). Thank you.

Home stereo display

Reply #6
I need good symbol fonts to make this panel more readable,so if anyone knows of such a font
please share it's name (or even better a download link). Thank you.

Probably more readable, but I'm not sure if it fits in style: Radioland from dafont.

Great panel!
ojdo

Home stereo display

Reply #7
I think a way to make it more clear is also to make the top a little less bright. I find it a little too much.

This is an awesome job!!! Thanks

Home stereo display

Reply #8
I second the need for more codecs like AAC love this script
My Name is Sean and I'm here to leech off your genius.

Home stereo display

Reply #9
nice, thnx!

Home stereo display

Reply #10
Hi

Just tried updating from the first version (which worked beautifully) to version 1.1 and had this come up in the panel.

I added it twice from the above codebox and it still turns out this way.
The font i have selected is that of 7segment 14pt
Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Home stereo display

Reply #11
Hi

Just tried updating from the first version (which worked beautifully) to version 1.1 and had this come up in the panel.

I added it twice from the above codebox and it still turns out this way.
The font i have selected is that of 7segment 14pt
Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Since you're using a dark background change the "active" variable to something like (255,255,255)
and the "passive" to some like (100,100,100).Problem solved.
(For light backgrounds use dark text colors+you don't have to select any font at all,it doesn't have any effect)

Home stereo display

Reply #12
Perfect pal.....dunno how I missed that thanks a lot

Home stereo display

Reply #13
Awesome work my friend. I'll definitely use it!!
Would it be possible to support %play_count%, %last_played% and %rating%? Thanks again.

Home stereo display

Reply #14
Would it be possible to support %play_count%, %last_played% and %rating%? Thanks again.

Derfinately.What i want to know is if to continue adding new fields to the right so it will look like a long stripe,
or to give it a more "conservative" rectangle look?

Home stereo display

Reply #16

Derfinately.What i want to know is if to continue adding new fields to the right so it will look like a long stripe,
or to give it a more "conservative" rectangle look?

I think you should add more fields so it will be a long stripe.  I would also love an option to add other user defined tags, such as genre, rating, mood, tempo, bpm, and others.  Perhaps you could have the option to add whatever tags to the right the user wants and have the panel automatically resize itself depending on which, if any, tags are addded to the optional ones.  Also, you could make this a complete track info by also adding fields for artist and title to the left and an indicator to indicate whether the particular artist-title being diplayed is the now playing track or a selected track.  A progress bar could also be cool.

Home stereo display

Reply #17
For some reason I'm not able to change the fonts for the audio codec, it's just plain Arial for me. I'm not familiar with the trackinfo panel, so I really have no idea why and how this is  Can someone enlighten me, what to do?
This thing looks quite nice BTW, I think I'll stick to it.
Life is Real...
(But not in audio :) )

Home stereo display

Reply #18
For some reason I'm not able to change the fonts for the audio codec, it's just plain Arial for me. I'm not familiar with the trackinfo panel, so I really have no idea why and how this is  Can someone enlighten me, what to do?
This thing looks quite nice BTW, I think I'll stick to it.

You need the fonts provided for version 1.1,it's different from the archive in the V1.0

Home stereo display

Reply #19
You need the fonts provided for version 1.1,it's different from the archive in the V1.0

Thanks, I did not notice that. Looks swell.
Life is Real...
(But not in audio :) )

Home stereo display

Reply #20
I like the idea of a very long strip. My Trackinfo is alread 3/4 of the screen because of the way my layout in designed but it'd be great to have this full of useful info thenI could get shut of the standard looking box from the old track info panel

Home stereo display

Reply #21
I like the idea of a very long strip. My Trackinfo is alread 3/4 of the screen because of the way my layout in designed but it'd be great to have this full of useful info thenI could get shut of the standard looking box from the old track info panel

Tell me what fields are you using in your old trackinfo?
See it's impossible to put every possible field in this panel so i need to know what is absolutely essential for you guys to have.

Home stereo display

Reply #22

Tell what fields you're using in your old trackinfo.See it's impossible to put every possible field in this panel
so i need to know what is absolutely essential for you guys to have.

Rating, mood, playcount, last played

Home stereo display

Reply #23
Rating, mood, placount, last played

By rating do you mean the %rating% tag,that has been edited manualy,or rating value calculated by some
code ("Hotness","Hot or not")?

Home stereo display

Reply #24
hmmmmm... cannot get it to work properly..... The 7 segment font does not work....
I already installed the 1.1 version fonts in the windows/fonts directory apparently to no avail....

any pointer as to what might be wrong? thanks.