Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_scheduler (Read 446058 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_scheduler

Reply #325

It's almost perfect, but I'd like to see one more feature, as requested few times before: Some kind of display, status bar or similar to show the remaining time and/or the currently active event.

If it possible ,I request the same feature.

See status window. Before posting requests, read changelogs at the first page of this topic or at least examine all the controls at the preferences page of scheduler.

Also I need from some help.I would to know how to check  the status of the current action in the scheduler (inactive or active).
As example: I want to use this function,but with scheduler
function createSACButton() {
   return new Button(ww - 62, 6, 13, 11, fb.StopAfterCurrent ? sac_on : sac_off, function () {fb.RunMainMenuCommand("Playback/Stop After Current");}, fb.StopAfterCurrent ? "Reset stop-after-current" : "Stop-after-current");
}
. I don't know how to call scheduler fb.xxxxx ?

Impossible and I don't plan to implement anything like this.

foo_scheduler

Reply #326
See status window. Before posting requests, read changelogs at the first page of this topic or at least examine all the controls at the preferences page of scheduler.

The status bar don't show the remaining time.Excuse me for my request and sorry for the your grouch.
Doesn't matter!

foo_scheduler

Reply #328
4.02! See the first page.

foo_scheduler

Reply #329
I think he meant the Status BAR, not window.

Like: %sched_time_remain% or similar, which you can use.

Thanks for the update though, the timer seems to work fine now compared to the beta.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

foo_scheduler

Reply #330
Thanks for your work, andrew_smolko, this has been a very useful component. The improvements in version 4 are very nice!

Requests :

>> Allow re-ordering of events and actions in the preferences window, via "Move up/down" buttons or menu items. The ability to organize the lists would improve ease-of-use.

>> Display active player event actions in the status window. Currently, to check on all pending events, one has to check both the status window and the preferences window.

>> Add a "Show status window" action.

Cheers!

foo_scheduler

Reply #331
Hi. The scheduler plugin for foobar is awesome but there is one issue I'm struggling with. On playlist switch action, is it possible to make it start playing from the beginning of the playlist? Is it shomehow possible to control from where does alarm starts playing?

foo_scheduler

Reply #332
Hi. The scheduler plugin for foobar is awesome but there is one issue I'm struggling with. On playlist switch action, is it possible to make it start playing from the beginning of the playlist? Is it shomehow possible to control from where does alarm starts playing?

Use "Start playback" action with option to start from certain track, hope this will help you!

foo_scheduler

Reply #333
Use "Start playback" action with option to start from certain track, hope this will help you!

Thanks! I feel so dumb now. I knew there had to be some easy way to accomplish it, but I just couldn't find it. ty

foo_scheduler

Reply #334

Exactly! For me is a bit uncomfortably every time when I want to see the remainig time,to go (file/scheduler/status window/).Much easier to see directly into the status bar the remainig time,but as andrew said:

But doesn't matter ,4.02 is a step up!
Thanks andrew_smolko I like your scheduler!

foo_scheduler

Reply #335

Exactly! For me is a bit uncomfortably every time when I want to see the remainig time,to go (file/scheduler/status window/).Much easier to see directly into the status bar the remainig time,but as andrew said:

I meant that I didn't plan to add any API to access scheduler core.
As for %sched_time_remain% variable... If there are 2 or more action lists running, it's impossible to show them all in status bar. Well, I'll think about this but don't promise that it'll be implemented.

foo_scheduler

Reply #336
Well, I'll think about this but don't promise that it'll be implemented.

Thanks in advance! I think all guys that use your scheduler with cui will be delighted

foo_scheduler

Reply #337
Like many of the other posters in this thread, I love & appreciate this component, so thanks for creating it. Like at least one other poster, I created a(n?) HA account just so I could post on this thread. :) I have a couple of suggestions:

* Feature request: It'd be nice to (optionally) use 24 hour time, as opposed to 12 hour time with AM/PM.

* Also, if it's possible, you might think about removing the text "for 0.9.x" from the subject of this thread.  No worries if you can't/won't; it's just a thought.

Thanks for taking these things into consideration, and thanks again for creating such a useful component!

Cheers

foo_scheduler

Reply #338
* Also, if it's possible, you might think about removing the text "for 0.9.x" from the subject of this thread.  No worries if you can't/won't; it's just a thought.

I've been thinking about doing this, so now the title is changed. Thanks Jan S. for help!

foo_scheduler

Reply #339
Hi. I'm still getting a crash whenver I use my alarm with scheduler. I'll be happy to post whatever is needed to diagnose the problem, but I didn't quite understand the last post that instructed me to do so.

foo_scheduler

Reply #340
Hi. I'm still getting a crash whenver I use my alarm with scheduler. I'll be happy to post whatever is needed to diagnose the problem, but I didn't quite understand the last post that instructed me to do so.

If foobar crashes it asks you for permission to send a crash report. The easiest way for you would be to allow that.

Furthermore in your foobar folder a subdirectory named "crash reports" is created. It contains both a failure_[number].dmp and failure_[number].txt - If you have configured the Windows Explorer to show no file extensions, then you have to look for "failure_[number]" only.

In foobar's configuration folder (foobar2000\configuration) you will find the foo_scheduler.dll.cfg

That are the files Andrew asked for above.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

foo_scheduler

Reply #343
4.03, bug fix release.

foo_scheduler

Reply #344
Thanks!

foo_scheduler

Reply #345
Hi,
thanks for this great component, I'm using it a lot and it works fine.

I have one feature request though: It would be fantastic to be able to launch a converter preset at a certain time. This way foobar could serve as a programmable radio-recorder and record internet streams. Is it possible to include this in future versions?

Cheers,

Hank H.

foo_scheduler

Reply #347
about (mis?)using converter as a recorder: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....c=80166&hl=

It may not have been developed as a recorder. But still it does record, and to my mind is the simplest and therefore best solution, since I'm also (mis?)using foobar as a substitute for a w-lan-radio.

What's wrong with scheduling a converter action? Would be really useful.

foo_scheduler

Reply #348
I've been using this foobar component since 2008.  It's been great, and I've always felt lucky to have it.  Thank you, developers, and thank you, everyone who's helped contribute ideas and bug reports.

I'd like to contribute one of the latter.  I use foo_scheduler as a dirty work-around to make keyboard shortcuts out of menu items that control volume.  Basically, I have a set of foo_scheduler events that change volume.  I set them up as menu item events.  I then go to "Keyboard Shortcuts" in the foobar preferences window and assign keys to the menu items.

Doing so with an old, pre-4.0 version, I experienced no problems.  However, after upgrading foobar to 1.0.3 and foo_scheduler to 4.03, some odd behavior occurs.  The menu item that appears in the "Action" column assigns itself a random value and cannot be changed.

Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

foo_scheduler

Reply #349
The menu item that appears in the "Action" column assigns itself a random value and cannot be changed. ... Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

It is your current volume value which can be picked up by Scheduler. Normally this value is shown in your status bar.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.