Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
URGENT! Headerless wav files, I need help guys its urgent
DimitrisVatsios
post Mar 26 2013, 22:19
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 107409

Hi there ... I have a huge problem.. Recently we wrapped the shootings from a movie .. And when we went to the editing room we realized that we had no sound for the half of the movie .. The sound guy gave us wav files wich were recorded with Roland R-44. File type: Broadcast wave file. Frequency: 48.0kHz. Bit Rate: 24. .. The result was some useless wav files. I mean they have big size wich means i guess that the info is there but i cant do nothing with them ..After a lot of research i came to Hex editor .. I opened 1 file in Hex editor and there was only zeros .. Nothing more .. After a lot of reading i think i fixed the header but nothing happens again .. The files are playable now now but still no sound ..I tried Audacity and sound hack but nothing happens .. I tried raw import and still no sound ... Im kinda desperate here ..

i would appreciate some help

Thank you all for your time
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
phofman
post Mar 26 2013, 23:04
Post #2

Member No.: 97162

Having a file full of zeros would explain why you get no sound while playing it.
+Quote Post
DimitrisVatsios
post Mar 26 2013, 23:14
Post #3

QUOTE (phofman @ Mar 27 2013, 00:04) *
Having a file full of zeros would explain why you get no sound while playing it.

yeahi realize that ... wich means we have no sound ?
+Quote Post
DimitrisVatsios
post Mar 26 2013, 23:17
Post #4

no chance of repairing? or somehow rebuild this file?
+Quote Post
Porcus
post Mar 26 2013, 23:17
Post #5

Member No.: 38207

QUOTE (DimitrisVatsios @ Mar 26 2013, 23:14) *
wich means we have no sound ?

Precisely.

--------------------
One day in the Year of the Fox came a time remembered well
+Quote Post
Soap
post Mar 26 2013, 23:18
Post #6

Member No.: 37767

QUOTE (DimitrisVatsios @ Mar 26 2013, 17:14) *
QUOTE (phofman @ Mar 27 2013, 00:04) *

yeahi realize that ... wich means we have no sound ?

If it compresses with .zip to near zero you can rest unassured the file is empty. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Soap: Mar 26 2013, 23:19

--------------------
Creature of habit.
+Quote Post
db1989
post Mar 26 2013, 23:23
Post #7

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 32180

Where is the sound guy in all this? Any explanation/excuse offered yet for what has gone wrong and, if worst comes to worst, where the 50+% of your soundtrack has gone? Unless a very convincing story is offered, the repercussions should be heavy, Iím sure it goes without saying.
+Quote Post
DimitrisVatsios
post Mar 26 2013, 23:23
Post #8

If it compresses with .zip to near zero you can rest unassured the file is empty. sad.gif
[/quote]

i just zipped it and from 40mb it came in 47kb sad.gif
+Quote Post
DimitrisVatsios
post Mar 26 2013, 23:28
Post #9

Wll guys thank you all for your prescious time ... 50% of the sound is gone sad.gif... i just wanted to know if theres any hope left....

Thank you all again...
+Quote Post
db1989
post Mar 26 2013, 23:38
Post #10

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 32180

Is it definitely the same for all the other files? Very unfortunate if so. sad.gif
+Quote Post
DVDdoug
post Mar 27 2013, 00:32
Post #11

Member No.: 46454

On-location sound is usually poor, so "the "big boys" making modern "Hollywood" movies re-record (lip sync) all of the dialog in the studio. The background sounds & Foley are also created in the studio. Is it possible for you to do that? If not, maybe narration or subtitles? Or, a shorter film?

In the old days when movies were filmed on a soundstage, the dialog (and sometimes the singing) would have been recorded "live" with the filming. (But as far as I know, soundstages are now only used for TV shows.)

Hi there ... I have a huge problem.. Recently we wrapped the shootings from a movie .. And when we went to the editing room we realized that we had no sound for the half of the movie ..
So, nobody was bothering to look/listen to the audio/video to see how the shots turned-out???? The sound guy didn't check to see if he was capturing anything? Has anybody on this project ever heard of dailies? laugh.gif
+Quote Post
DimitrisVatsios
post Mar 27 2013, 00:34
Post #12

QUOTE (db1989 @ Mar 27 2013, 00:38) *
Is it definitely the same for all the other files? Very unfortunate if so. sad.gif

yeah ...apparently the recorder was damaged ..or there was no mic connetced ..
+Quote Post
DimitrisVatsios
post Mar 27 2013, 00:37
Post #13

QUOTE (DVDdoug @ Mar 27 2013, 01:32) *
On-location sound is usually poor, so "the "big boys" making modern "Hollywood" movies re-record (lip sync) all of the dialog in the studio. The background sounds & Foley are also created in the studio. Is it possible for you to do that? If not, maybe narration or subtitles? Or, a shorter film?

In the old days when movies were filmed on a soundstage, the dialog (and sometimes the singing) would have been recorded "live" with the filming. (But as far as I know, soundstages are now only used for TV shows.)

Hi there ... I have a huge problem.. Recently we wrapped the shootings from a movie .. And when we went to the editing room we realized that we had no sound for the half of the movie ..
So, nobody was bothering to look/listen to the audio/video to see how the shots turned-out???? The sound guy didn't check to see if he was capturing anything? Has anybody on this project ever heard of dailies? laugh.gif

DVDoug i dont know ..i wasn't there smile.gif . Im an editor who tries to help
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 04:21