Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ASIO says sample rate of 48000 Hz is not supported on my device (Read 10012 times) previous topic - next topic

ASIO says sample rate of 48000 Hz is not supported on my device

hi

have this problem with asio plugin and an edirol m-100fx: "Unrecoverable playback error: Sample rate of 48000 Hz not supported by this device"

yesterday, i had no problems, this is really weird...

regards, peter

Reply #1
...seens to happen when i turn on the m-100fx after windows start, then windows swithes to m-100fx as a default devices, AND when i start a virtualbox vm.

Reply #2
no answer...??

Reply #3
no answer...??
You posted in the wrong forum and you didn't ask anything. You just described a problem by omitting essential information. What do you expect?

Reply #4
then move it to the correct forum.

the question: how to solve / bypass this problem??

Reply #6
have windows xp, can't use wasapi...

you can't fix it in the foobar asio plugin??

Reply #7
then move it to the correct forum.
Developers cannot move threads. Moderators can. I already did.

you can't fix it in the foobar asio plugin??

Please actually read what people write:
Various ASIO drivers are known to handle sample rate change requests badly or not to handle them at all.
That suggests the problem is inherent to the driver for your hardware, not caused by foobar2000. Perhaps complain to the manufacturer of your hardware instead.

Reply #8
If this happens only when you start VirualBox then try to change VirtualBox USB configuration

Reply #9
have windows xp, can't use wasapi...

I thought, I am last person, who uses XP 
Did you tried Kernel Streaming or ASIO4ALL?

Reply #10
"I thought, I am last person, who uses XP"

mee too! ;-)

i don't need things like asio4all, my edirol m-100fx supports asio by driver...

Reply #11
"If this happens only when you start VirualBox then try to change VirtualBox USB configuration"

no, this is a mistake by me. sorry!

ok, there is not solution so it seems.

maybe there is a workaround?

Reply #12
this is really weird... some mp3's cause that error message, other doesn't.... i don't think it's a driver problem because of that!!

Reply #13
this is really weird... some mp3's cause that error message, other doesn't.... i don't think it's a driver problem because of that!!
Obvious question: Are these “some” 48 kHz and others 44.1 kHz?

Reply #14
I agree that this is an ASIO driver problem, not a foobar problem. I have an M-Audio Delta Audiophile 192 sound card with a very solid ASIO driver, but sometimes it will lock up in one resolution or another after running certain software (fooling around with jRiver Media Center audio settings is almost guaranteed to do this). Best case fix is resetting the audio app to defaults followed by a shutdown and restart of the computer. Worst case is uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.