Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Flacattack new versions announce (Read 51818 times) previous topic - next topic

Flacattack new versions announce

Reply #25
New version 0.7. See first post.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=250855"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The link in the first post (BTW, check the wording: "dowload") still points to 0.6

I also suggest that this thread topic would be changed by a moderator to "Flacattack new versions announce" or something like that, removing the reference to the 0.6 version

Cheers

Sergio
Sergio
M-Audio Delta AP + Revox B150 + (JBL 4301B | Sennheiser Amperior | Sennheiser HD598)

Reply #26
New version 0.7. See first post.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=250855"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The link in the first post (BTW, check the wording: "dowload") still points to 0.6

I also suggest that this thread topic would be changed by a moderator to "Flacattack new versions announce" or something like that, removing the reference to the 0.6 version

Cheers

Sergio
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251166"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Oops, sorry about that. It's fixed now. I agree about changing the thread topic.

Reply #27
Synthetic:

The playcount bug is simple enough:  the plugin writes data just to the main file's tag black, not to the cuesheet, for each individual track.  I'm not too sure how to use metaflac, haven't played with it, but I'll see what I can find out

Reply #28
I'm not too sure how to use metaflac, haven't played with it, but I'll see what I can find out
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251295"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
If you're not familiar with command line applications the you could also use a GUI application to check.

I just think we need to check the VORBIS tags in some program other than foobar, as foobar seems to be overiding with the cuesheet info.

Either that, or remove the cuesheet entirely from the file (either/both the embedded tag or/and the external accompanying cuesheet), and reload into foobar.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #29
I got some little problems, maybe you can help me

1. Although i've typed in that the filename scheme should be "%tracknumber. %title" al files are named after "%tracknumber - %artist - %title"

2. In the cue the endings aren't changed into .flac

3. .log and .cue aren't moved

Here's the FLAC_INFO-part of my flacattack.ini

Code: [Select]
[FLAC_INFO]
EXE = "C:\FLAC\flac.exe"
OPTIONS = "-5"
PATH = "F:\Audio\%artist\%date - %album\"
FILENAME = "%tracknumber. %title"
FILETYPE = individual
SINGLEFILE = n

All other features excepting MATCH_EAC and MOVE are turned off

Reply #30
Flacattack supports MP3, MPC, and OGG. Could it possibly support AAC in the future? I would love this for my iPod.

Reply #31
Two problems.

1. I can't get flacattack to work with single file mode. I have things setup properly, I think. I create my cue sheet, I accept the default placement (is that right? yes? no?), then go mp3. Then I just have wav files  That's not exactly true, I have the directories, but no compressed flacs in them, no movement of the log file, etc.

Oh, and I'm using the default string as from the flacattack webpage.

Here's my ini file. At least the parts that have a y in them. Can you see anything I'm just missing because I've been up too long?

[FLAC_INFO]
EXE = "C:\program files\flac\flac.exe"
OPTIONS = "-8"
PATH = "H:\rip\%artist\%date - %album\"
FILENAME = "%tracknumber - %artist - %album"
FILETYPE = individual
SINGLEFILE = n

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;  
;;;;; TAG SETTINGS;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; CUE => whether or not to embed the cue in the flac image file, valid values are y/n
; LOG => whether or not to embed the log in the flac image file, valid values are y/n
; EXE => full path to the tag executable
[TAG_INFO]
CUE = n
LOG = n
EXE = "C:\program files\tag\tag.exe"

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;; metaflac is used to apply replay-gain to flac files;;;;;
[METAFLAC_INFO]
USE = y
EXE = "C:\program files\flac\metaflac.exe"
OPTIONS = "--add-replay-gain"
; MOVE => whether or not to move the log to the directory chosen in PATH in the [FLAC_INFO] section
;    The file is deleted if this is set to "n", valid values are y/n
[LOG_INFO]
MOVE = y

2. If you are using replaygain in single file mode are you applying track gain or album gain?

I'm trying to multiple files. Mainly so I can have album gain in the multiple flacs and also because just using multiple flacs with standard tags seems like it will be supported better.

I see the attraction of the single image files - it's just more...Hrm... Elegant? I just like the compliance idea for when I pick up a squeezebox or if foobar isn't around in year X, etc.

Also, is the the right thread for such discussions? If not, I will edit and create a new thread. Thanks.
Guinness for strength!

Reply #32
I got some little problems, maybe you can help me

1. Although i've typed in that the filename scheme should be "%tracknumber. %title" al files are named after "%tracknumber - %artist - %title"

2. In the cue the endings aren't changed into .flac

3. .log and .cue aren't moved

Here's the FLAC_INFO-part of my flacattack.ini

[FLAC_INFO]
OPTIONS = "-5"
PATH = "F:\Audio\%artist\%date - %album\"
FILENAME = "%tracknumber. %title"
FILETYPE = individual
SINGLEFILE = n

All other features excepting MATCH_EAC and MOVE are turned off
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=254376"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'll look into #1.

I've never had a problem with #2. Can anybody recreate that?

#3 - Did you set the option to move log and cue?

Reply #33
Two problems.

1. I can't get flacattack to work with single file mode. I have things setup properly, I think. I create my cue sheet, I accept the default placement (is that right? yes? no?), then go mp3. Then I just have wav files  That's not exactly true, I have the directories, but no compressed flacs in them, no movement of the log file, etc.

Oh, and I'm using the default string as from the flacattack webpage.

Here's my ini file. At least the parts that have a y in them. Can you see anything I'm just missing because I've been up too long?

[FLAC_INFO]
EXE = "C:\program files\flac\flac.exe"
OPTIONS = "-8"
PATH = "H:\rip\%artist\%date - %album\"
FILENAME = "%tracknumber - %artist - %album"
FILETYPE = individual
SINGLEFILE = n

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;  
;;;;; TAG SETTINGS;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; CUE => whether or not to embed the cue in the flac image file, valid values are y/n
; LOG => whether or not to embed the log in the flac image file, valid values are y/n
; EXE => full path to the tag executable
[TAG_INFO]
CUE = n
LOG = n
EXE = "C:\program files\tag\tag.exe"

;;;;; metaflac is used to apply replay-gain to flac files;;;;;
[METAFLAC_INFO]
USE = y
EXE = "C:\program files\flac\metaflac.exe"
OPTIONS = "--add-replay-gain"
; MOVE => whether or not to move the log to the directory chosen in PATH in the [FLAC_INFO] section
;    The file is deleted if this is set to "n", valid values are y/n
[LOG_INFO]
MOVE = y

2. If you are using replaygain in single file mode are you applying track gain or album gain?

I'm trying to multiple files. Mainly so I can have album gain in the multiple flacs and also because just using multiple flacs with standard tags seems like it will be supported better.

I see the attraction of the single image files - it's just more...Hrm... Elegant? I just like the compliance idea for when I pick up a squeezebox or if foobar isn't around in year X, etc.

Also, is the the right thread for such discussions? If not, I will edit and create a new thread. Thanks.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=256852"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

1. Try putting flac in a directory that has NO spaces. This a known issue that I have been unable to resolve as of yet.

2. I believe it just applies track gain. Do all songs have the same values?

You're okay using this thread.

Reply #34
Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm finishing up school and haven't had much free time to work on Flacattack.

I will be working on a gui that will help with setting up the ini file (actually that part is done) and I am rewriting the code in C# so that I don't have to depend on priadoblender. I'll try get out any requests made to this point in the next version, but I can't make any promises of when that will be.

Also, I'm moving and won't be able to have my webserver set up for a while. Does anybody know of a free service that:

1. Supports PHP and MySQL?
2. Will let me use my domain name?

I've done a Google search but couldn't find much.

Reply #35
Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm finishing up school and haven't had much free time to work on Flacattack.

I will be working on a gui that will help with setting up the ini file (actually that part is done) and I am rewriting the code in C# so that I don't have to depend on priadoblender. I'll try get out any requests made to this point in the next version, but I can't make any promises of when that will be.

Also, I'm moving and won't be able to have my webserver set up for a while. Does anybody know of a free service that:

1. Supports PHP and MySQL?
2. Will let me use my domain name?

I've done a Google search but couldn't find much.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Finals must be fun. I sure don't miss that.

Pretty ambitious upgrades. Do you think the upgrade will allow spaces in the directories? I'd love that...

Google provides: [a href="http://www.oinko.net/freephp/]http://www.oinko.net/freephp/[/url] - as for using your domain name, if any of these guys don't let you, just transfer your DNS to zoneedit, then use forwarding and masking.

Here are two that had free in the name if you don't want to go through the list.
http://www.50free.com/
http://www.thefreeserver.com/

I doubt they'll be reliable, but it's better than nothing.

I don't have experience with any of them.
Guinness for strength!

Reply #36
Finals must be fun. I sure don't miss that.

It's my last semester, so I'm excited.

Pretty ambitious upgrades. Do you think the upgrade will allow spaces in the directories? I'd love that...

That was one of my major hopes in doing the upgrade as well.

Google provides: http://www.oinko.net/freephp/ - as for using your domain name, if any of these guys don't let you, just transfer your DNS to zoneedit, then use forwarding and masking.

Great idea. I'm already using zoneedit but I hadn't thought of forwarding and masking. Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

Here are two that had free in the name if you don't want to go through the list.
http://www.50free.com/
http://www.thefreeserver.com/

I doubt they'll be reliable, but it's better than nothing.

I don't have experience with any of them.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=258941"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think I may have checked out www.thefreeserver before but I don't recall now.

Reply #37
The seeking is much more responsive for a straight FLAC file than it is for FLAC wrapped in a matroska container.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=250869"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
That shouldn't happen as decent seek tables should result in a seek time that is not noticable.  What are your methods for putting in matroska and what version of the plugin are you using?

Reply #38
The download link doesn't seem to be working. Can someone send me a copy?

Reply #39
The download link doesn't seem to be working. Can someone send me a copy?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260919"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry about the download link. I'll get that fixed asap. The file is there, I don't know why it is not working. Probably a quirk of *free hosting*.

For the moment, if there is anybody that wants a copy, just send me a personal message with your email and I'll send it to you. Does anyone have some webspace they'd like to donate to host the web site?

Reply #40
The link is now "fixed". I've redirected it to some free space I have at geocities for the time being.

Reply #41
Great program, i'm really liking it.
Can more than one copy be open at a time? I have 2 cd drives so i'd like to rip from both at once, it doesn't seem to work, I got a couple stack overflow errors from it, I think. Maybe I should install a second copy of EAC and flacattack?
What should the options under EAC Options>Tools>On Extraction Start External Compressors Queued in Background/Threads and Do Not Open External Compressor Window be set to?
Thanks again for a great tool.

Reply #42
Also how about an overwrite option? I've had a couple cds i've had to re-rip a couple times

Reply #43
If anyone knows how to fix these issues [which are probably interrelated anyways] I'd love to know.  The seeking is much more responsive for a straight FLAC file than it is for FLAC wrapped in a matroska container.  I just wish jcoalson would add some real support for internal cuesheets.  I've heard his argument for the current implementation, but I just don't agree with it, as it's very much castrated.

If the author of FLACattack would turn to us for help, we could certainly fix that together. Seeking in MKA is normally much faster than in any other container we know of, for several good reasons .....

Christian
matroska project admin
http://www.matroska.org

Reply #44
If anyone knows how to fix these issues [which are probably interrelated anyways] I'd love to know.  The seeking is much more responsive for a straight FLAC file than it is for FLAC wrapped in a matroska container.  I just wish jcoalson would add some real support for internal cuesheets.  I've heard his argument for the current implementation, but I just don't agree with it, as it's very much castrated.

If the author of FLACattack would turn to us for help, we could certainly fix that together. Seeking in MKA is normally much faster than in any other container we know of, for several good reasons .....

Christian
matroska project admin
http://www.matroska.org
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=261670"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm not certain I completely understand the issue, but I'm willing to work with you to resolve it if we can.

Reply #45
Great program, i'm really liking it.
Can more than one copy be open at a time? I have 2 cd drives so i'd like to rip from both at once, it doesn't seem to work, I got a couple stack overflow errors from it, I think. Maybe I should install a second copy of EAC and flacattack?
What should the options under EAC Options>Tools>On Extraction Start External Compressors Queued in Background/Threads and Do Not Open External Compressor Window be set to?
Thanks again for a great tool.

I've never tried to have more than one copy open at a time, but I believe to be able to do so, you'd have to be running to copies of EAC at the same time.

I have "On extraction, start external ..." checked with a value of 1 for external compressor thread and "Do not open external ..." is not checked.

Also how about an overwrite option? I've had a couple cds i've had to re-rip a couple times
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=261669"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It should automatically overwrite the files. Or are you saying you would like the option to not overwrite?

Reply #46
I apologize if these issues have been raised, but I didn't see them anywhere.

1) flacattack doesn't seem to properly send multiple command line options to some apps. For example, if I put the following in my .ini file:
[FLAC_INFO]
OPTIONS = "-8 -V"

FLAC will give me errors when it starts up and won't encode the flac file (It gives "invalid option" errors and exits)

I have to do the following:
[FLAC_INFO]
OPTIONS = "-8V"

This makes it impossible to send the command line options beginning with "--" because they can't be added as part of the same flag.

Also, when I try to send multiple command line options to mp3gain, it doesn't appear to read them.  I had the following in my .ini file:

[MP3GAIN_INFO]
USE = y
EXE = "C:\PROGRA~1\MP3Gain\mp3gain.exe"
OPTIONS = "/a /k"

but when mp3gain runs, it always asks about whether I want to clip certain files. It is my understanding that the /k option should reduce the gain so it will not clip. So it seems it isn't receiving the /k option from flacattack when it runs. Also, I don't think it's possible to send multiple options to mp3gain under the same flag, the way it is with FLAC (i.e., you can't do "/ak" or something similar).

This is strange because lame seems to receive multiple command line arguments from flacattack without any problem... although I haven't really looked into whether it really is seeing all the arguments I'm trying to send it.

2) (less important): flacattack still prints version 0.6 when it starts up, although I downloaded version 0.7 from http://ponchorage.glwb.info/flacattack/download.php
and I believe the link pointing to the newest version at the beginning of this thread is broken.

Reply #47
I apologize if these issues have been raised, but I didn't see them anywhere.

1) flacattack doesn't seem to properly send multiple command line options to some apps. For example, if I put the following in my .ini file:
[FLAC_INFO]
OPTIONS = "-8 -V"

FLAC will give me errors when it starts up and won't encode the flac file (It gives "invalid option" errors and exits)

I have to do the following:
[FLAC_INFO]
OPTIONS = "-8V"

This makes it impossible to send the command line options beginning with "--" because they can't be added as part of the same flag.

Also, when I try to send multiple command line options to mp3gain, it doesn't appear to read them.  I had the following in my .ini file:

[MP3GAIN_INFO]
USE = y
EXE = "C:\PROGRA~1\MP3Gain\mp3gain.exe"
OPTIONS = "/a /k"

but when mp3gain runs, it always asks about whether I want to clip certain files. It is my understanding that the /k option should reduce the gain so it will not clip. So it seems it isn't receiving the /k option from flacattack when it runs. Also, I don't think it's possible to send multiple options to mp3gain under the same flag, the way it is with FLAC (i.e., you can't do "/ak" or something similar).

This is strange because lame seems to receive multiple command line arguments from flacattack without any problem... although I haven't really looked into whether it really is seeing all the arguments I'm trying to send it.

2) (less important): flacattack still prints version 0.6 when it starts up, although I downloaded version 0.7 from http://ponchorage.glwb.info/flacattack/download.php
and I believe the link pointing to the newest version at the beginning of this thread is broken.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=263917"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

1) Thank you for the info. Somebody else pointed out the problem about not being able to use the "V" for flac, but it seems like the problem might be with options in general as you've pointed out. I will definitely try and fix this in the next version.

2) Yeah, I just noticed that about a week ago. I will fix the link.

Reply #48
Check out first post for info on downloading the GUI for configuring the flacattack.ini file and for info about current development.

Reply #49
ooops, download link doesn't work
I felt weak, perhaps I was.