Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MP3Player Stopped Reading Tags (Read 2139 times) previous topic - next topic

MP3Player Stopped Reading Tags

Since I've upgraded to Jaunty my mp3 player (Insignia Sport) no longer reads the tags for any ogg or mp3 file that I upload to it and they are listed as unknown within the mp3 player. Oddly if I take those same audio files on the mp3 player and put them on my windows machine it can read the tags and then if I put the same audio files back on the mp3 player from the windows machine it displays them correctly.

This seems very odd to me, and I don't really know why. All the files that I transferred on the mp3player before still all show the tags, and most of my files are ogg. One difference I can tell is that the MIME type is application/ogg for all the files I put on prior to the upgrading to jaunty and now any files I put on are listed as audio/ogg on the mp3player.

Anyone have any ideas?