Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Peakmeter Spectrum component (Read 219503 times) previous topic - next topic

Peakmeter Spectrum component

Reply #75
my first post at all, just to say thank you for your plugin!

my config with 0.2.0beta ( i love old 80's stereos). 

Reply #76
Hi foo_pm, congrats on a great component. Very impressive.

I'm still discovering it, and I especially like the "reverse mode". This reverse mode is vertical (up becomes down), but would you consider adding a second checkbox for horizontal reverse ? (left becomes right)

Thx.

Reply #77
ah, here's where the "thanks" go.

newbie to foo, loving this component! 
- using foobar2000 v0.9.6.1 on a P4 2.4Ghz + 1Gb with WinXP SP2.

Reply #78
my first post at all, just to say thank you for your plugin!

my config with 0.2.0beta ( i love old 80's stereos). 

[a href="http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=foobaryn1.jpg" target="_blank"]
You are welcome!

Reply #79
would you consider adding a second checkbox for horizontal reverse ? (left becomes right)
Yes, could be nice to display the spectrum of channels separately. Thanks for the suggestion!

In horizontal mode, the lower frequencies are listed first (at the top) like the thing is rotated clockwise 90 degrees. Would it be possible to make it display lower frequencies at the bottom?
Otherwise, I love this component! Thanks!

Reply #80
Great work, thanks.

Reply #81
Something I noticed: I have mono files with a sample rate of 22050. Peakmeter decides it won't display anything on the graph with these files. Anyone else seen this too?
"Something bothering you, Mister Spock?"

Reply #82
Update: Enabling "Convert mono to stereo" DSP makes Peakmeter activate on those abovesaid tracks 
"Something bothering you, Mister Spock?"

Reply #83
In horizontal mode, the lower frequencies are listed first (at the top) like the thing is rotated clockwise 90 degrees. Would it be possible to make it display lower frequencies at the bottom?
Otherwise, I love this component! Thanks!
I think it's the same as foorious suggestion. Anyway, thanks 

Great work, thanks.

Update: Enabling "Convert mono to stereo" DSP makes Peakmeter activate on those abovesaid tracks 
You can also enable the front center channel for the analyzer. (Preferences/Spectrum analyzer->Options/Channels). This should work without any DSP. 

Reply #84
Hi foo_pm,

I especially like the "reverse mode". This reverse mode is vertical (up becomes down), but would you consider adding a second checkbox for horizontal reverse ? (left becomes right)

So, any update planned on this second checkbox thing ? That would be really awesome. Thanks in advance.

Reply #85
Is it possible to show all bar labels in a few clicks? Going through everyone and setting bar label to show sounds a bit to time consuming...

Reply #86
There seems to be something buggy about the Main bar Drawing style: Rectangles with the first texture option and without the Background Image from the main bar settings.
Peak indicators are aligned properly but the bars are 1 or 2 pixels off to the right compared with the Main bar Background

http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=37160697jk5.png

Reply #87
Hey i just wanted to say how great this Vis is, and to share my cfg with everyone

Basic i know but i like simplicity+sharp looks

(btw i love what you can do with the foreground img/background img, like my burnt brass look on the bars)

Direct link for full size/details
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd348/Y...2k_pm_setup.jpg

Reply #88
Is it possible to add an option for spectrum bars release speed? Like peaks have, but without the falloff delay option.

Great work btw, can't stop looking at it

Reply #89
Hi foo_pm, congrats on a great component. Very impressive.

I'm still discovering it, and I especially like the "reverse mode". This reverse mode is vertical (up becomes down), but would you consider adding a second checkbox for horizontal reverse ? (left becomes right)

Thx.
Yes, could be nice to display the spectrum of channels separately. Thanks for the suggestion!

Hi foo_pm, sorry for bringing this back, but I thought I'd remind it to you since it's been almost six months already.

So would you please consider adding this second checkbox anytime soon ? Thanks in advance !

Reply #90
Hello this is my first message.
And is for say that this is the best visualization plugin that I know. Congratulations for your very great work!!!!! I have one vis for every channel; is wonderfull.

Thanks for share your work. I wait updates.

Bye.
PD: sorry for my english, I speak spanish. If you want I write this message in spanish .

Reply #91
Hello

This looks like the metering app I've been searching for. My problem is that I can not download the zip Current Version fo uie vis peakmeter spectrum 0 2 0 0 file without an error message. RAR says Unexpected End Of File, and winzip says Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid file.

I've asked a friend in another city to try, and they had the same result. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Tom

Reply #92
Where are you finding a rar file. Link to the .dll is a zip file.
Just downloaded and opened fine here. FYI
terry

EDIT: maybe try clearing browser cache

Reply #93
Just downloaded and opened fine here. FYI
terry

EDIT: maybe try clearing browser cache

Thank you Terry, you helped so much by confirming the linked file was OK. I still cannot get WinZip or RAR to open it, each gives a different error message, invalid file and ends early  for each. RAR is the same as WinZip, a competitor product.

From your assurance I downloaded it to a Mac, which made a html file out of it, which I could then put on a flash drive and bring over to my Windows machine which has Foobar. It read it off the flash drive as a .dll, and works TERRIFIC!

Thank you again Terry for your response!

Tom

Reply #94
Are there any news about this plugin?
I replaced it temporarily with Channel Spectrum Panel because the lack of transparent background, but turned back to it now for my peakmeter, since it seems to be more stable (and takes less CPU consumption).
And its to-do-list looks very promising.

Reply #95
I wish there were any news, but unfortunately foo_pm hasn't been active in this topic since Jul 18 2008, as you can see. Despite several requests, nothing seems to have changed since about a year or so. Heck, we don't even know if foo_pm is still alive ! foo_pm, are you listening ?...

Personal thought : that's one of the problems with closed source stuff (even if there are some advantages) : if for whatever reason the developer stops working on a given app, there's no way for another one to catch up where he left.  We now have that problem with Peakmeter Spectrum, but also with Facets, and maybe with other components. And unfortunately there's nothing another dev can do, except starting from scratch.

Reply #96
foo_pm's profile says "last seen on 3rd April 2009", so i hope foo_pm is busy with updating the plugin

Reply #97
Suggestions for improvement :

1. An optional Panning ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panning_%28audio%29 ) indicator : a horizontal bar, ranging from e.g. -1 to +1, and a cursor that slides in real time along the bar, indicating the live Pan of the playing song.

2. Some minor cosmetic adjustements / bug fixes, but I think I'll request them only when 3rd suggestion is met.

3. That foo_pm comes down to earth, reads this topic and finally says something.

Reply #98
Dear foo_pm. I just had to come back here and thank you for your work. It has made my
music listening (and analyzing  ) much more pleasureable. I've been using it so much,
I just can't live without it now. The responsiveness  and options are like 10x better than
Steinberg's crappy analyzers in WaveLab! I wish I could take it with my MuVo MP3,
mobile phone, hell, I want one IRL    !!
Peakmeter Spectrum needs no improvement, it wouldn't be the same.

Suggestions for improvement :
3. That foo_pm comes down to earth, reads this topic and finally says something.

Agreed

Reply #99
Since foobar 1.0 won't even load this I'm gonna upgrade foobar to 0.9.6.9  ....