Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_midi glitches (Read 2468 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_midi glitches

Hey,

I've recently installed the foo_midi component, and got myself SynthFont VST version as a synth engine and "65.8mg music man gm gs v1.0 bank" as the soundfont. It works nicely, but when starting a new song (either by directly selecting it on the playlist or skipping track forward or backwards) I get a period of intense slowdown while the audio glitches a lot producing loud noise sounds. This doesn't happen when I let a midi end and then the next one play automatically.

Is that a problem with foo_midi, SynthFont, my soundfont or my midis?

foo_midi glitches

Reply #1
Just solved my own problem, check "EMIDI device track exclusion (Duke3D, etc.)" in the foo_midi configuration tab. Incidentally, I was playing the Duke Nukem 3D soundtrack.

foo_midi glitches

Reply #2
Maybe it doesn't like the duplicate note events that are otherwise filtered out by that option? (And maybe I should have made that feature hard-coded, since it's really important to eliminate the alternate FM synth tracks from some of the songs, and unlikely to encounter any false positives in other MIDI files.)