Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: gaps and cue (Read 2684 times) previous topic - next topic

gaps and cue

So if I'm ripping specific songs out of my cd collection to Flac for future use and am never going to write those flacs back to that particular album again, do I actually have to use f4 (gaps) and create a cue sheet.

I will play the said favourite flacs via my amp and convert them all to mp3 for use on our personal media devices but that's it. Is there any reason otherwise?

Thanks in advance.

gaps and cue

Reply #1
F4?  Let's dispel that silly myth straight away...

You don't need to detect gaps unless you plan on doing something with them that is not standard.  You do not need to detect them in order to create a cue sheet. Try it if you don't believe me.

To answer your question, no, you don't need a cue sheet.

gaps and cue

Reply #2
Thank you

F4?  Let's dispel that silly myth straight away...

You don't need to detect gaps unless you plan on doing something with them that is not standard.  You do not need to detect them in order to create a cue sheet. Try it if you don't believe me.

To answer your question, no, you don't need a cue sheet.