Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4549559 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #5275
How can I get the Autoplaylist feature using CUI's Album List Panel?

Columns UI

Reply #5276
You have Album List in Library menu

Columns UI

Reply #5277
Would it be possible to gain access to Display --> Default User Interface --> Playlist View without switching to DUI? The problem is that this component/section is used with playlist/library search and if one wants to modify columns in those panels there's need to switch interface for that which is very inconvenient

Yes, that's a little annoying. I too was wondering if that's achievable.

Columns UI

Reply #5278
You have Album List in Library menu

I know, but since I have a CUI album panel always visible on the left side of my foobar config, I was wondering if I could create an autoplaylist using that panel I already use, without having to go to the menu, open the standard album list and then create a new autoPL.

Thanks anyways

Columns UI

Reply #5279
I have a problem with Item properties panel.
If the panel is in a unselected tab(it's hidden) and use "current selection" tracking mode, it shows nothing after I switch to the tab. Though there are some tracks have been selected. I need selected those tracks again to make it works, it is a bit annoying when I edit the tags.
It should only happen when the tab control get's the keyboard focus, which only happens here after a second click on the tab control. Are you seeing something different?

I have a little annoyance
Only when Foobar is maximized, status bar's volume control isn't shown properly (only the number and a part of letter 'd')
[a href="http://img2.imageshack.us/my.php?image=maxg.jpg" target="_blank"]
I don't control the Default UI.

Columns UI

Reply #5280
@musicmusic
Would you think about adding artist picture support for the artwork view panel, please?

Columns UI

Reply #5281
I have a problem with Item properties panel.
If the panel is in a unselected tab(it's hidden) and use "current selection" tracking mode, it shows nothing after I switch to the tab. Though there are some tracks have been selected. I need selected those tracks again to make it works, it is a bit annoying when I edit the tags.
It should only happen when the tab control get's the keyboard focus, which only happens here after a second click on the tab control. Are you seeing something different?

No, I only clicked the tab once. I think it shouldn't care which control take the focus, though.
I found if the panel is in a splitter would cause this, finally.

Columns UI

Reply #5282
but you can use a string like "(1979) A Night at the Opera"

without actually changing the album tags?

yeah of course
['('%date%') ']%album%

If you mean the inline incremental search thing, it works fine here. Either something to do with your script or third party splitter panel.

yeah  thx, but now it works also with the PSS

Columns UI

Reply #5283
It seems I found a bug in the buttons toolbar options dialogue. Might have been reported before. It is perfectly reproducable as well. The bug occurs when adding a new button.
Press the "Add" button and then immedeatly the "Move up" button to move the seperator to its destined location. Then, without clicking the corresponding list entry again, start modifying the newly added button. Instead of applying any changes made to the new button, it will apply the changes to the item at the bottom of the list.

Columns UI

Reply #5284
found a bug

make a simple layout with "item detail" and "playlist" (columns or NG)

configure "item detail" to display  for exemple %lyrics% ( what is important is have scroll bar)

playlist must have scroll bar
click on playlist or playback order
now you can't scroll ( with mouse) on "item detail" ( not possible to set focus on "item detail" with mouse or keybord )

remove somes items in playlist ( playlist must not have scroll bar )
click on playlist (set focus)
now you can scroll  ( with mouse) on "item detail" !
Music is my first love.

Columns UI

Reply #5285
Would you think about adding artist picture support for the artwork view panel, please?
Will do

It seems I found a bug in the buttons toolbar options dialogue. Might have been reported before. It is perfectly reproducable as well. The bug occurs when adding a new button.
Press the "Add" button and then immedeatly the "Move up" button to move the seperator to its destined location. Then, without clicking the corresponding list entry again, start modifying the newly added button. Instead of applying any changes made to the new button, it will apply the changes to the item at the bottom of the list.
Thanks, I see what the issue is, I'll fix that.

found a bug

configure "item detail" to display  for exemple %lyrics% ( what is important is have scroll bar)

now you can't scroll ( with mouse) on "item detail" ( not possible to set focus on "item detail" with mouse or keybord )

Are you sure you don't just have some broken mouse software installed? Try killing anything like SetPoint etc. with Task Manager.

Columns UI

Reply #5286
found a bug

Are you sure you don't just have some broken mouse software installed? Try killing anything like SetPoint etc. with Task Manager.

i have this problem on asus eeepc with elantech smart pad, i have tried the latest drivers , no change.
but scroll work in all other panels : seekbar, playback order...
also it isn't possible to scroll with keybord in "item detail" ( in 2 different computers and os)
also it is possible to scroll with pad if "item detail" is in "tab stack" and if i click first on tab or i select tab with keyboard
problem appear also with "biography" and "lyrics panel", they are panel that can't get focus ( no action possible)
i understand this is a minor problem and it appear only with eeepc ( elantech pad) but can you do something ?
Music is my first love.

Columns UI

Reply #5287
I can't do anything about it, because it is your mouse touchpad software that is doing strange things.

It doesn't have any interactive elements which is why it doesn't take the keyboard focus.

Columns UI

Reply #5288
I can't do anything about it, because it is your mouse touchpad software that is doing strange things.

It doesn't have any interactive elements which is why it doesn't take the keyboard focus.

same problem with another notebook , vista and synaptic touchpad
i understand,  it is a small problem but annoying
and also why i can't scroll with keyboard?
Music is my first love.

Columns UI

Reply #5289
Definitely no problem here with latest (?) Synaptics software "v11.2.4 14Aug08" I have installed on my laptop. [edit] Seems there is also some newer 12.x versions around, but I'm not sure if there is a generic version available.

You can't scroll using the keyboard because it doesn't take the keyboard focus. I understand how you might find it useful, but since it doesn't allow a selection and there is no indicator of focus (like say a flashing cursor) it would generally be confusing.

Columns UI

Reply #5290
Definitely no problem here with latest (?) Synaptics software "v11.2.4 14Aug08" I have installed on my laptop. [edit] Seems there is also some newer 12.x versions around, but I'm not sure if there is a generic version available.

You can't scroll using the keyboard because it doesn't take the keyboard focus. I understand how you might find it useful, but since it doesn't allow a selection and there is no indicator of focus (like say a flashing cursor) it would generally be confusing.

thank you for you answer
Music is my first love.

Columns UI

Reply #5291
haven't been around for a while and using columns ui with basic costumization for a while now. 2 questions i got - maybe someone can help me to find answers!?

first one: when having definied a genre-column in playlist-view, is there any way to pre-define a kind of drop-down list with genres? it would make it much easier when editing the genre-tag of a (many) file(s), without the need of writing the whole genre-string in it again, by just selecting one out of the drop-down list or maybe having kind of auto-completion after the first letters...

second one: having on the left side 5 filters, the first one is filtering the files by directory structure, using $directory(%path%,3) right now and seperating singles from albums. i would love to have this filter being a tab, so i can first select tab for singles, albums and both and later the other filters for genre, year, and so on can be used. is there any way to create tabs that seperate by paths/folder structure like above filter-command does?

thx i.a.  alex

Columns UI

Reply #5292
first one: when having definied a genre-column in playlist-view, is there any way to pre-define a kind of drop-down list with genres? it would make it much easier when editing the genre-tag of a (many) file(s), without the need of writing the whole genre-string in it again, by just selecting one out of the drop-down list or maybe having kind of auto-completion after the first letters...

Foobar has it since 0.9.6.1: http://www.foobar2000.org/?page=Changelog#section5

Columns UI

Reply #5293

Foobar has it since 0.9.6.1: http://www.foobar2000.org/?page=Changelog#section5

how it comes, it doesnt work for me? installed the latest version... is it, cause i'm using columns ui and not default user interface? i listed GENRE under preferences - advanced - display - autocomplete fields!? is there any other option i have to activate within preferences?  thx i.a.

Columns UI

Reply #5294
Foobar queries autocompletion suggestions from files in Media Library, you should add your desired folders in Preferences -> Media Library.
It's not a "chronology" of previously entered strings.

Columns UI

Reply #5295
Foobar queries autocompletion suggestions from files in Media Library, you should add your desired folders in Preferences -> Media Library.
It's not a "chronology" of previously entered strings.

thx for your reply, but thats what i already have from the beginning. monitoring 2 selected folders... autocompletion doesnt work on any of the tags (not even artist or album)!?

ok, i see now, its working when editing the tag in properties dialog of each file!  but what i wanna get is exactly that feature when editing tags directly in playlist-view!

Columns UI

Reply #5296
That might be caused by sparse SDK updates...
musicmusic: In case you find time to do it before the next one, here's the API:
(And be warned that IAutoComplete subclassing the target edit control can interfere with any other subclassing for custom key handling like TAB, I remember there is a lot of hacks in the core to get this work in Properties edit grid correctly with IME and everything.)
Code: [Select]
//! \since 0.9.6.1
class NOVTABLE library_meta_autocomplete : public service_base {
        FB2K_MAKE_SERVICE_INTERFACE_ENTRYPOINT(library_meta_autocomplete)
public:
        //! Gives you a value list IUnknown to pass to IAutoComplete, for the specified metadata field name.
        //! Returns false when there's nothing to autocomplete to / this field is not configured as autocompletable.
        virtual bool get_value_list(const char * metaName, pfc::com_ptr_t<IUnknown> & out) = 0;
};

FOOGUIDDECL const GUID library_meta_autocomplete::class_guid = { 0x4b976e34, 0xf05a, 0x4da4, { 0xad, 0x65, 0x71, 0x9c, 0xdf, 0xd, 0xed, 0xae } };
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Columns UI

Reply #5297
Would it be possible to auto disable/enable artwork coulumn based on playlist name (like with other colums now)? And/or add switch to show/hide it as a command availible to keyboard shortcuts//button mapping?

Columns UI

Reply #5298
musicmusic: In case you find time to do it before the next one, here's the API:
Thanks. Right, I've added support for it in 0.3.7.0 (just released) in NG Playlist only. If it works without problems I can extend that to Item properties also (I don't think it makes sense in Filter panel).

Columns UI

Reply #5299
Wow, thanks for the update and the possibility to set up artist pictures for artwork view
Unfortunately i can't access it with right-click on the panel...