Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC and gaps / CUE sheets - still struggling (Read 2985 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC and gaps / CUE sheets - still struggling

Hello all,

I've been reading around, but I still can't quite figure this gap / CUE sheet thing out ().  Like most, I would like to have a lossless copy for archiving purposes and a lossy copy for the good old iPod.  Therefore, with the lossless copy, I would like to make it as close as possible to the original CD.  But this gap thing has me stumped: why, with different gap detection methods do I get different gap values for the same CD?  If it "doesn't matter," shouldn't these values all be the same?  Which values do I trust?  And shouldn't the correct values be added to a CUE sheet by using the "Multiple WAV Files With Gaps (Noncompliant)" option?

I appreciate any and all help in trying to deconfuse myself 

Thanks again!

EAC and gaps / CUE sheets - still struggling

Reply #1
Well, I thought I would share my discovery with you all.  I've figured out how to determine whether your gap detection is accurate.  Run CloneCD on any CD and create a CUE sheet (with subcode extraction enabled).  Compare that CUE sheet to the gap detection results in EAC, and you're in business.