IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Placement of pasted tracks in playlist
EpicForever
post Mar 17 2014, 20:01
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 93712

There is only one thing I don't like in foobar. The way that dragged or pasted files are treated - to be exact - the place where they are placed.
I use DUI with basic playlist renderer ("Playlist View"). When I focus some track on playlist and then I paste some other tracks - from 2nd playlist for example - then pasted files are placed always above focused track. And I always expect it below focused track... Current foobar's behaviour is something unusual. Even if I paste slide inside PowerPoint presentation, pasted slide is placed below the one which is focused. This is something naturally expectable. I would like to change it - permanently or to add some switch in danced preferences which enable changing this odd behavior...
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
marc2003
post Mar 17 2014, 20:19
Post #2

Member No.: 19379

i have no idea what you mean when you say above the focused track? when dragging, a black line appears between tracks and this is where dropped tracks go.

--------------------
http://marc2003.x10host.com/updates
+Quote Post
EpicForever
post Mar 17 2014, 20:37
Post #3

And where is that line when I paste something (CTRL+V command)? OK, with dragging that was obvious mistake from my side. But not with pasting. Fortunately word "dragging" was used only in 2nd sentence - all other are clearly only about pasting.

This post has been edited by EpicForever: Mar 17 2014, 20:38
+Quote Post
foosion
post Mar 17 2014, 23:40
Post #4

Group: FB2K Moderator (Donating)
Member No.: 5153

I changed the topic title to reduce further confusion. Is the new title acceptable for you?

I can understand your frustration with the paste command. Sometimes I am annoyed by its behavior, at other times it is exactly what I want.

--------------------
http://foosion.foobar2000.org/ - my components for foobar2000
+Quote Post
EpicForever
post Mar 18 2014, 18:27
Post #5

Yes, current topic title is exactly about my problem.
Additionally - I see that I made a typo in opening post - it will be Ok if there was additional switch in Advanced preferences which would enable changing this odd behavior... Switch would be better if we take to an account those, who may be familiar and accustomed with foobar's current behavior.
+Quote Post
EpicForever
post Nov 29 2014, 16:51
Post #6

In this particular case I would welcome any official comment... This is very very confusing and foobar is the only application that I use, that do it in such way.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd March 2015 - 22:49