Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DTS-HD MA decoder (Read 35421 times) previous topic - next topic

DTS-HD MA decoder

Is there any software decoder for it?
Preferably a free one.

DTS-HD MA decoder

Reply #2
Sorry, I wasn't precise enough.
I meant something that can decode DTS-HD MA to PCM, so I can treat it with WavPack or FLAC later.

I checked Arcsoft MediaConverter and it seems it doesn't support it.

DTS-HD MA decoder

Reply #3
Sorry, I wasn't precise enough.
I meant something that can decode DTS-HD MA to PCM, so I can treat it with WavPack or FLAC later.

I checked Arcsoft MediaConverter and it seems it doesn't support it.

eac3to and arcsoft dts ma decoder does the job.

DTS-HD MA decoder

Reply #4
Great, thanks!
ADDED:
It seems that eac3to supports only extraction of the lossy part of DTS-HD MA, right?

DTS-HD MA decoder

Reply #5
That's why you need the arcsoft decoder. Eac3to can use the arcsoft directshow filters.

DTS-HD MA decoder

Reply #6
It depends on the version too. I don't think the codecs in TMT5 or TMT 3 .190 can be used externally. TMT3.190 I think downsamples, at least when used with MPC-HC. The one I'm using is from TMT3.185

DTS-HD MA decoder

Reply #7
It depends on the version too. I don't think the codecs in TMT5 or TMT 3 .190 can be used externally. TMT3.190 I think downsamples, at least when used with MPC-HC. The one I'm using is from TMT3.185

After installed TMT,

Step 1. Open mpc-hc.exe in a hex editor (i recommend HxD) and replace the two occurences of the hex string "33806DE046DBCF11B4D100805F6CBBEA" with "578F49F699B3434AA6FAF694AD42B9BE" in the file and save.

Step 2. Add
Code: [Select]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\MPEG Codec\Decoder Setting\]
AudioOutputMode=17
AudioDynamicRange=0
in %windir%\win.ini

For a 7.1ch 24bit 96kHz HDMA as an example, by finishing step 1 you can only get a downsampled 5.1ch output with MPC-HC & TMT. After done step 2 the 7.1ch 24bit data will be exactly decoded. At least when I test 5.0.1.87 and link it with ffdshow raw audio filter, I can see the tray icon show the input is a 7.1ch 96000Hz uncompressed PCM.

Another alternative is to use LAV Audio Decoder version 0.26 or newer, and put dtsdecoderdll.dll from the TMT3/5 Codecs directory into LAV Audio's directory. Then LAV Audio will use the ArcSoft DTS decoder to decode DTS-HD with no limitation. And there's no need to modify mpc-hc's binary or win.ini any more.

DTS-HD MA decoder

Reply #8
That's for playing with MPC-HC, but for extraction with eac3to the previous posts still apply.

I don't know what your "step 1" does though. "step 2" doesn't make the file not downsample, it's just for setting the output format to 7.1. If you don't do that, then you have to set it manually every time you open MPC-HC, and that was the main reason we didn't use the Arcsoft decoder for DTS-HD MA for a long time, even though it worked technically, before someone figured that out. You also need a special checkactivate.dll, but as you said nevcairiel at doom9 added the functionality to LAV audio so all that is moot now, for playing in a directshow player.

That the file is downsampled or not when using the arcsoft decoder, depends on the version.

DTS-HD MA decoder

Reply #9
That's for playing with MPC-HC, but for extraction with eac3to the previous posts still apply.

I don't know what your "step 1" does though. "step 2" doesn't make the file not downsample, it's just for setting the output format to 7.1. If you don't do that, then you have to set it manually every time you open MPC-HC, and that was the main reason we didn't use the Arcsoft decoder for DTS-HD MA for a long time, even though it worked technically, before someone figured that out. You also need a special checkactivate.dll, but as you said nevcairiel at doom9 added the functionality to LAV audio so all that is moot now, for playing in a directshow player.

That the file is downsampled or not when using the arcsoft decoder, depends on the version.

A simple test:
eac3to v3.24
command line: eac3to  "E:\HDC\DTS HD DEMo Blu-ray x264.DTS.1080P-Re.MClub.mkv" HDMA-test.flac
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MKV, 1 video track, 1 audio track, 0:00:21, 30p /1.001
1: h264/AVC, English, 1080p30 /1.001
2: DTS Master Audio, 7.1 channels, 24 bits, 96kHz
   (core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 1509kbps, 48kHz)
Track 2 is used for destination file "HDMA-test.flac".
[a02] Extracting audio track number 2...
[a02] Decoding with ArcSoft DTS Decoder...
[a02] Encoding FLAC with libFlac...
[a02] Creating file "HDMA-test.flac"...
[a02] The original audio track has a constant bit depth of 24 bits.
Video track 1 contains 529 frames.
eac3to processing took 13 seconds.
Done.

Then see info of encoded flac file:
eac3to v3.24
command line: eac3to  HDMA-test.flac
FLAC, 7.1 channels, 0:00:21, 24 bits, 7127kbps, 96kHz

And -test to check the version of ArcSoft DTS Decoder I used:
eac3to v3.24
command line: eac3to  -test
eac3to (v3.24) is up to date
Nero Audio Decoder (Nero 7) works fine
ArcSoft DTS Decoder (1.1.0.8) works fine
Sonic Audio Decoder (3.24.0.0) doesn't seem to be installed
Haali Matroska Muxer (2011-03-03) is installed

Actually my TMT5 version number is 5.0.1.87.

DTS-HD MA decoder

Reply #10
Where do you download the version that extracts the Lossless part?

DTS-HD MA decoder

Reply #12
So the Arcsoft dtsdecoderdll.dll ver 1.1.0.0 can extract the Master Audio Lossless?
Seems when I use it with eac3to I get 768kbps for 6ch wav files, and when using the switch -core its 1152kbps 6ch wav files, does that make any sense?

Then 4608kbps when only decoding to a single wav file.

Format                          : DTS
Format/Info                      : Digital Theater Systems
Format profile                  : MA / Core
File size                        : 1.58 GiB
Duration                        : 1h 49mn
Overall bit rate                : 2 059 Kbps / 1 510 Kbps

Audio
Format                          : DTS
Format/Info                      : Digital Theater Systems
Format profile                  : MA / Core
Duration                        : 1h 49mn
Bit rate mode                    : Variable
Bit rate                        : 2 059 Kbps / 1 510 Kbps
Channel(s)                      : 6 channels
Channel positions                : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                    : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                        : 16 bits
Compression mode                : Lossless / Lossy

DTS-HD MA decoder

Reply #13
ASAudioHD.ax is the filter that does the actual decoding, and it DOES work.