Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CD-text file (Read 3312 times) previous topic - next topic

CD-text file

I'm fairly new to the subtleties of burning audio CDs but I'm in the process of transferring my LP collection to CD.
My usual CD burner is DeepBurner Pro, and this produces perfectly acceptable Audio CDs.
However I've just downloaded Acoustica CD Label Maker to print my CD case inserts and this claims to be able to read the CD-text file from a CD if it is present. DeepBurner does not have the ability to generate this information and hence I would need to go the tedious route of using WMP to generate a play list from the original source wav files and importing this into the Label Maker instead.

So I went looking for a CD burner that could generate CD-text files and found this forum where Burrrn and ImgBurn were recommended. But I can't get either to work properly. Burrrn just sits there and won't accept any files for input (Add > select wav file > open OR open wav folder and try to drag and drop file onto list. In either case nothing appears in the list) so maybe I'll have to uninstall and reinstall it.
In ImgBurn I can create a CD cue file and select CD-text etc as per the instructions in their forum, I can even burn the disk and it plays, but it still does not seem to have the CD-text file burnt on it, well at least the label maker can't find it. I'm obviously missing something, but what?

CD-text file

Reply #1
The program that I have always used to burn CDs with CD-text is Feurio. Of course, you also need a CD-RW drive that supports burning CD-text.

BTW, CD-text is not a file, and in fact audio CDs do not contain files.

CD-text file

Reply #2
The program that I have always used to burn CDs with CD-text is Feurio. Of course, you also need a CD-RW drive that supports burning CD-text.

BTW, CD-text is not a file, and in fact audio CDs do not contain files.

Thanks for the information.

However I've got Burrrn to work. It turns out that you can't drag and drop tracks into the track list area until you have filled out the two fields at the top of the panel, Artist and Title. Slightly strange (not intuitive) behaviour, but I can live with that. Once the CD is burnt (Burrrn says it's recording the CD-text lead in) the label maker can read it back to fill in the data. Just what I wanted.

The CD burner involved, which obviously is capable of reading and writing CD-text information, is:

Make : Optiarc
Model : DVD RW AD-5170A 1.11 ATA

I've downloaded a copy of Feurio just in case I need it, but it was a bit of a chore, the first 4 or 5 servers I tried were broken (404 on the download button).

Thanks again,

Peter.