Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Test Streams encoded using PNS (Read 3308 times) previous topic - next topic

Test Streams encoded using PNS

Hi,

I am in seach of the test streams which are PNS coded (AL09, AL10, AL11). Can any one of you telll me where I can get these.I have already checked the AT&T site but, with no results.

Thanks in advance,
Apoorva

Reply #1
I don't think you can find any PNS comformance test streams to implement a  comformance AAC decoder. When the scalefactors are tagged as NOISE_HCB, what happened is that the spectrals for those scalefactor bands are zeroed in in encoder. In the decoder, a random number generator would be used to regenerate the spectrals. As a result, the decoded results would be random! No 2 decoded clips would be the same..

Reply #2
They should have specified what RNG to use..  so more rigorous testing would have been possible 

Reply #4
The MPEG-4 VM code includes some code to test the conformance of your PNS decoder.

Menno