Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: how to open Technics headphones (Read 3057 times) previous topic - next topic

how to open Technics headphones

After 6 years of flawless operation I need to open the headphones since a problem with lead has occured in the joint (?). The headphones are Technics RP-F350. Is anybody familiar how to open such headphones please? There are no screws inside and nothing can be stripped off. The only idea I have is to take out that "mount" somehow from the holes and then it might possibly fall apart... I am asking if there is somebody who have done this before...

how to open Technics headphones

Reply #1
OK. I have managed to open them.

1. I had to strip down the black pads which are held with a rubber.
2. Then I had to take out the handle and be careful since there is a wire on one side.
3. Then I had to unclip the transparent part.
4. Finally I had to rotate slightly the black base against the golden cover anticlockwise. There are "rails" that lock them together.

Perhaps, steps 2 + 3 are not necessary but at least I have all the parts taken apart to clean them properly...

correction: steps 2 + 3 are necessary because that transparent part locks the rotation.