Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC to FLAC (Read 2955 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC to FLAC

Following this guide
http://blowfish.be/eac/Setup/setup4.html
Using eac-1.0beta3 trying to configure to encode to FLAC.
Added
Compression Options/External Compression
Additional Command Line Options: Select, then copy this line, and paste into the box in EAC:

-V -8 -T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%g" -T "date=%y" -T "tracknumber=%n" -T "genre=%m" %s

Getting Error when click OK.
Invalid replacement tag found

Can some one tell me what is wrong with this and what is the best cmd line to use.
I read some forum posts and noted this comment. Is this a good line to use.
Sorry i am new to this and just want to run the program before i nut down into the syntax here.

QUOTE:
If you are encoding to FLAC, default commandline options are:

CODE
-6 -V -T "ARTIST=%artist%" -T "TITLE=%title%" -T "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -T "DATE=%year%" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr%" -T "GENRE=%genre%" -T "COMMENT=%comment%" -T "BAND=%albuminterpret%" -T "COMPOSER=%composer%" %haslyrics%--tag-from-file=LYRICS="%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics% -T "DISCNUMBER=%cdnumber%" -T "TOTALDISCS=%totalcds%" -T "TOTALTRACKS=%numtracks%" %hascover%--picture="%coverfile%"%hascover% %source% -o %dest%

Can some one link me to some good tutorials EAC to FLAC / MP3 ect.
thankx in advance for any help

EDIT found this page:
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=EAC_and_FLAC
should i use this

EAC to FLAC

Reply #2
Hello Norlane,

Some of the online guides around are sadly out of date, and use %s rather than %source%.

%s  was the source placeholder in earlier versions of EAC. I believe that from 1.02b onwards, you now need to use  %source% as the placeholder.

I may be wrong, but I think that the  -o %dest% is not needed. My own code just has this:

Code: [Select]
-V -8 %source%

(All my tagging is done afterwards in Mp3Tag)

Hope this helps,
Bluto

EAC to FLAC

Reply #3
thankx for this yes reading the above link it look like you are spot on  thankx
    If you are using EAC 1.0b2 or newer, then in the Additional command line options box, copy and paste the following string:

-T "artist=%artist%" -T "title=%title%" -T "album=%albumtitle%" -T "date=%year%" -T "tracknumber=%tracknr%" -T "genre=%genre%" -5 %source%

EAC to FLAC

Reply #4
Actually, you may as well use -8 instead of -5 for the compression.

8 is the best compression (smallest file size), and on modern PCs it isn't that much slower than 5.

I also use the -V option for peace of mind. I believe this verifies the file at the end, checking there are no compression errors. It may well be redundant now after all this time, however. (I don't think that Flac 1.2.1b ever produces an error when compressing a file, but just in case it would be nice to be notified.)

Bluto