Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: iRiver OEM Players ... (Read 4046 times) previous topic - next topic

iRiver OEM Players ...

I so that the RioVolt are iRiver players, and that can be flashed like iRiver's, so i can asume they would get OGG support also ... but, what are the models that are iRiver's? the SP50C, SP90, PSX100, SP150, SP350? All?

iRiver OEM Players ...

Reply #1
the riovolt sp 90, 100 and 250 are produced by iriver and can be updated with "hacked" iriver firmware. sp 50, 150 and 350 are not produced by iriver.

regards; ilikedirt

iRiver OEM Players ...

Reply #2
so i can assume they would get OGG support also...

It's been suggested elsewhere that some of the Iriver portables lack the hardware to fully support OGG.  In all likelihood, this applies to the IMP-90 and IMP-100, but I'm not sure.  The SlimX models (350, 400, and the upcoming 500 and 550--i think those are the new model numbers) and the IMP-250 (RioVolt SP-250) should all support OGG, though.  Sooner or later 
[span style=\'font-family:Arial\']and god, she created civilization (mlc)[/span]

iRiver OEM Players ...

Reply #3
The (supposed) limitation that would prevent the IMP100/SP100/SP90 (all the same thing, except for different default firmwares, and a missing switch and backlight on the SP90) is the available ROM space to store the firmware. There are rumors that the code to play Vorbis is too large to fit in the space available on the IMP100.

The newer models have more ROM space (they store bitmap data and things like that, so they left significantly more wiggle room, since those things not only take up more space, but can increase in size easier), so it's a definite non-issue.

All the iRiver players have the same processor and RAM, so ROM should be the only issue, if there is any at all.

iRiver OEM Players ...

Reply #4
allmost there ... but i see only this iriver products:

iFP-195T 512MB
iFP-190T 256MB
iFP-180T 128MB
iFP-140 64MB 
iFP-120 32MB
iMP-400 SlimX
iMP-350 SlimX
iMP-150 ChromeX
iDP-100

which are the corresponding OEM models?

iRiver OEM Players ...

Reply #5
as far as i can see ... here is the table:

iRiver iMP-100 ------------> RioVolt - RioVolt SP90 - RioVolt SP100 - RioVolt PSX100 - AVC Soul DMP-01/02
iRiver iMP-250 ------------> RioVolt SP250
iRiver iMP-150 CromeX ->  No OEM?
iRiver iMP-350 SlimX ---->  No OEM?
iRiver iMP-400 SlimX ---->  No OEM?
iRiver iMP-450 SlimX ---->  No OEM?

so i should get SlimX, and imp 250 if i want ogg support?

iRiver OEM Players ...

Reply #6
so i should get SlimX, and imp 250 if i want ogg support?

Either should support OGG.

Keep in mind, though, that OGG firmware for these players isn't likely to come out until early this summer (it's supposedly functional, but not near implementation yet)
[span style=\'font-family:Arial\']and god, she created civilization (mlc)[/span]