Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help (Read 1391659 times) previous topic - next topic

WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help

Reply #3926
@falstaff, thanks for your latest updates.

as you may know, i've been posting a mod with last.fm support so people can use your mood column to love/unlove tracks on last.fm. i've just thought of a really easy way you could build it in to save me doing it on each update. simply detect to see if the mood column title formatting contains this string: %lastfm_loved_db% - this is something the user can set themselves through the panel settings.

this is your current code for writing mood tags (starts on line 1364 WSHplaylist.js 1.3.2b3)

Code: [Select]
// Mood
if (this.tracktype < 2) {
    // tag to file
    if (this.l_mood != this.mood) {
        if (this.metadb) {
            var bool = this.metadb.UpdateFileInfoSimple("MOOD", getTimestamp());
            this.mood = this.l_mood;
        };
    }; else {
        var bool = this.metadb.UpdateFileInfoSimple("MOOD", "");
        this.mood = 0;
    };
};

you could replace it with this meaning original behaviour is retained for people who leave the column title formatting alone.

if (SOME_VARIABLE_CONTAINING_MOOD_COLUMN_TF.toLowerCase().indexOf("%lastfm_loved_db%") > -1) {
    window.NotifyOthers("love", this.metadb);
} else {
    // Mood
    if (this.tracktype < 2) {
        // tag to file
        if (this.l_mood != this.mood) {
            if (this.metadb) {
                var bool = this.metadb.UpdateFileInfoSimple("MOOD", getTimestamp());
                this.mood = this.l_mood;
            };
        }; else {
            var bool = this.metadb.UpdateFileInfoSimple("MOOD", "");
            this.mood = 0;
        };
    };
}

edit: of course you might not want to and that's fine. i already make my own mods but i thought it would be easier for other users.

Reply #3927
Is there is a function for play or enqueue  a specific song from my library when i give %artist% %title%??

void AddItemToPlaybackQueue(IFbMetadbHandle);

check documentation Interfaces.txt

Oh it's in the component folder
I've been looking for documentation at the wrong place the whole time :/
Thank u soo much @Falstaff

Reply #3928
edit: of course you might not want to and that's fine. i already make my own mods but i thought it would be easier for other users.

This would be much appreciated @Falstaff. It will make whole lot of easier by not having  to replace the code every time your playlist got an update.

Reply #3929
samples updated - bug fix for my simple volume script. it should have responded to mouse click events but it only worked when you clicked and dragged. this has now been fixed.

existing users, right click>Update script.
new users can check my script overview/installation instructions here: http://marc2003.x10host.com/intro

Reply #3930
samples updated

Marc, I've experienced an on-going issue with your thumbs script (probably since common3.js through common8.js)

Very often when I wake my PC from sleep, a panel using the thumbs script will be rapidly cycling thumb images until I reset the panel by right-clicking, and opening and closing the configure window. Once I do that, if I have another instance of the thumbs panel, it will start rapidly cycling images until I reset it.

The larger issue is that when it is doing this, Foobar is hogging processes and other WSH scripts are affected - Falstaff's playlist for example will not respond correctly (e.g. won't scroll).

Anyone else experience this? and any tips towards debugging this?

Core (2014-04-11 09:51:08 UTC)
    foobar2000 core 1.3.2
foo_albumlist.dll (2014-04-11 09:49:46 UTC)
    Album List 4.5
foo_audioscrobbler.dll (2011-08-18 21:01:03 UTC)
    Audioscrobbler 1.4.7
foo_bpm.dll (2015-03-01 03:39:58 UTC)
    BPM Analyser 0.2.4.6
foo_burninate.dll (2013-02-07 18:02:37 UTC)
    Audio CD Writer 3.0.3
foo_cdda.dll (2014-04-11 09:49:18 UTC)
    CD Audio Decoder 3.0
foo_chronflow.dll (2015-03-01 03:36:07 UTC)
    Chronial's Coverflow 0.4.1
foo_converter.dll (2014-04-11 09:49:20 UTC)
    Converter 1.5
foo_discogs.dll (2015-03-01 03:39:58 UTC)
    Discogs Tagger 1.52
foo_dsp_effect.dll (2015-03-01 03:39:59 UTC)
    Effect DSP 0.15
foo_dsp_eq.dll (2014-04-11 09:49:32 UTC)
    Equalizer 1.0
foo_dsp_std.dll (2014-04-11 09:49:24 UTC)
    Standard DSP Array 1.3
foo_echonest.dll (2015-03-01 03:35:02 UTC)
    Foobar - EchoNest 0.2.1 Alpha
foo_facets.dll (2011-08-27 18:05:16 UTC)
    Facets 1.0
foo_fileops.dll (2014-04-11 09:49:06 UTC)
    File Operations 2.2.1
foo_freedb2.dll (2014-04-11 09:49:24 UTC)
    Online Tagger 0.7
foo_input_std.dll (2014-04-11 09:51:10 UTC)
    Standard Input Array 1.0
foo_jesus.dll (2010-09-23 00:34:06 UTC)
    Autosave & Autobackup 10
foo_navigator.dll (2010-03-02 08:43:15 UTC)
    Navigator 0.64
foo_playcount.dll (2011-07-13 10:47:18 UTC)
    Playback Statistics 3.0.2
foo_queuecontents.dll (2012-09-27 17:34:40 UTC)
    Queue Contents Editor 0.5.1
foo_random_pools.dll (2015-03-01 03:39:59 UTC)
    Random Pools 0.1.4
foo_rgscan.dll (2014-04-11 09:49:26 UTC)
    ReplayGain Scanner 2.2.1
foo_run.dll (2012-07-05 15:59:41 UTC)
    Run services 0.3.7
foo_seek.dll (2012-11-08 15:48:53 UTC)
    Seek 1.1
foo_simplaylist.dll (2011-08-18 19:01:36 UTC)
    SimPlaylist 1.0
foo_textdisplay.dll (2011-08-18 21:01:03 UTC)
    Text Display UI Element 1.1 beta 1
foo_texttools.dll (2013-01-12 21:03:39 UTC)
    Text Tools 1.0.5
foo_ui_std.dll (2014-04-11 09:51:08 UTC)
    Default User Interface 0.9.5
foo_uie_albumart.dll (2007-12-15 22:22:24 UTC)
    Album Art Panel 0.2.7.1
foo_uie_biography.dll (2010-12-11 06:47:22 UTC)
    Biography View 0.4.2.4
foo_uie_esplaylist.dll (2011-05-28 22:06:46 UTC)
    EsPlaylist 0.1.3.9
foo_uie_library_tree.dll (2011-07-24 16:08:24 UTC)
    Library Tree 0.3.4.6.1
foo_uie_lyrics3.dll (2015-03-01 03:39:59 UTC)
    Lyric Show Panel 3 0.4.5
foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod.dll (2013-08-06 19:07:56 UTC)
    WSH Panel Mod 1.5.6
foo_verifier.dll (2015-03-01 03:39:59 UTC)
    File Integrity Verifier 1.1.2
foo_vis_vumeter.dll (2013-02-16 09:44:26 UTC)
    VU Meter 2013-02-16
foo_wave_seekbar.dll (2015-03-01 03:39:59 UTC)
    Waveform seekbar 0.2.45

Reply #3931
the behaviour you're reporting is pretty horrific. no normal person would tolerate that so i do have to question your sanity....

now obviously i've never encountered anything like that before and i'm pretty sure no one else has. or if they did but couldn't be bothered to report it, they did the sensible thing and just removed it thinking what a load of crap that is...

Reply #3932
Hello!
marc2003 Where can I get the old version of the image buttons heart for the last.fm?
thank you
last.fm | bulletproof2k

Reply #3933
$imagebutton($get(btn.l),101,58,14,%do.images%\SmallNormal.png,%do.images%\SmallHover.png,SETGLOBAL:do.display.switch:$ifequal(%do.display.switch%,1,2,1);REFRESH)

Can anyone help me with this line in Tedgo's Darkone V4 skin? I need to move this button a few spaces to the right but there are no right and left options. Just up and down and image resize.

Thanks.

Reply #3934
I think I solved the above. I ended up moving a portion of the panel, which seems to work just as well.

I have another question about scrolling. For simple text, I can instruct how many characters to display. But with scrolling text, it seems to only want to go right across the screen, outside my border. Is there anyway I can prevent that?

Thanks.

Reply #3935
@bulletproof2k, sorry but i don't keep backups of my old stuff. but i do remember where i got the originals... the larger icons were from the tango icon set..

http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Icon_Library#Download

the smaller icons were from a set named silk

http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/

@Fizbin, your panel stack splitter ($imagebutton) related questions should not be in this thread. if the scrolling text bit really is WSH panel mod then go and ask the original script author.

Reply #3936
Hi,
Can someone help me, I'm trying to get all the songs on the currently playing album into a IFbMetadbHandleList and I've got no clue where to even start. Anyone got any ideas?

Reply #3937
marc2003 Thanx 
last.fm | bulletproof2k

Reply #3938
Falstaff thank you so much for JSPlaylist. I opened iTunes for the first time in years last week, and discovered the album art gradient colorized playlist and knew I must have it for foobar because it was so beautiful. I wasn't sure if I would be able to find someone that already coded a WSH Panel for it, but luckily you have!! Thanks!!!! 

Reply #3939
If I may ask something though, would it be possible to have an option for the text color of the "normal text" to dynamically change to be the dominant color of the album art (or its opposite for readability purposes) like iTunes is now doing? I understand if that is too advanced for wsh panel mod, i don't know if it can read the actual image data, but I would very much like to have that feature so I don't feel like I'm missing out by not using iTunes, because this feature of iTunes is the coolest and prettiest thing I've seen in years for music players but I hate everything else about iTunes. So I will keep using foobar no matter what, as I have been doing for 8+ years, but I really want this

Below is an example of what I am talking about. The text dynamically becomes red when focused on this album because red is one of the dominant colors in the artwork image. Ideally I would like a WSH panel script in foobar that acts almost exactly the same as this (in regards to colors, in every other way Falstaff's playlist is vastly superior). But again, not sure if that is possible. I am a coder but I don't know much about WSH panel mod personally.

Reply #3940
they did the sensible thing and just removed it thinking what a load of crap that is...

lots of DEV experience, so i guess I have more patience...

I didn't sort that other issue, to be continued once I can consistently reproduce.

I do have a separate question related to an ongoing issue - also with thumbs script.

When I'm displaying artist images, the thumbs will only display if I have my external HD connected (running foobar from the HD).
If I run Foobar over NAS (same HD running from a local portable foobar with mirrored wsh_lastfm+wsh_data folders), for some reason it will not display artist images.

In both instances, esplaylist and Falstaff's playlist display artist images, using these paths in prefs>display settings.

..\foobar2000\wsh_lastfm\$crc32(%artist%)\*.jpg
..\foobar2000\wsh_data\artists\%artist%\*.jpg

(with .. replaced by correct root depending on drive mounting.)

Reply #3941
@ScribeOfTheMist

you can get the color scheme of an image with the method GetColorScheme of IGdiBitmap interface, as it is discribe in the WSH PAnel Mod documentation, file Interfaces.txt (that comes in the zip archive of the component)

interface IGdiBitmap {
Properties:
    (readonly) int Width;
    (readonly) int Height;

Methods:
    IGdiBitmap Clone(x, y, w, h);
    void RotateFlip(mode);
    IGdiBitmap ApplyAlpha(alpha);
    // Changes will be saved in the current bitmap
    boolean ApplyMask(IGdiBitmap);
    // Create a DDB bitmap from IGdiBitmap, which is used in GdiDrawBitmap()
    IGdiRawBitmap CreateRawBitmap();
    // NOTE: Don't forget to use ReleaseGraphics() after operations on IGdiGraphics interface is done.
    IGdiGraphics GetGraphics();
    void ReleaseGraphics(IGdiGraphics);
    void BoxBlur(radius, iteration = 1);
    // See Flags.txt meanings of modes.
    IGdiBitmap Resize(w, h, interpolationMode = 0);
    VBArray GetColorScheme(max_count);
    void Dispose();
}

I use it to get the dominant color of the cover to fill the back color othe the playlist of the selected album in my WSH Panel Mod that mimics the iTunes 11 ones (album view), you can fin d it here

HTH

Reply #3942
Okay, thanks!! So then I would need to mod JSPlaylist to use the text color that I got from the album color instead of the text color in the menu, right?

Reply #3944
Okay...it would be nice if you could add this as an official option, so I could update the script without having to redo my custom changes every time, but I understand if that's not something you are interested in doing. It's a wonderful playlist panel either way!

Reply #3945
@mjm716, close foobar2000 and then save this in your marc2003 folder.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2280132...temp/common8.js

it's a console spamming version that notifies you with everything it does with regards to updating images in the thumbs panel. it displays things like the folder path and how many images have been found, playlist/playback events, artist changes, cycle timers, mouse clicks, mouse wheel scrolling. it should help you troubleshoot all the issues you've been having.

Reply #3946
samples updated:

toying around with other components today has made me realise the font function built into WSH panel mod takes pixels as input instead of points meaning the options i give don't match familiarity you may have from using other panels. i've now updated this but this will increase the font sizes on some existing scripts if updated. simply use the Font size option on the right click menu to select the next setting down.

existing users can right click>Update script.
full download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2280132...sh/samples8.zip
overview/installation notes: http://marc2003.x10host.com/intro

edit: just for reference, i used this function from helpers.txt which is bundled in the docs folder of the component.

function Point2Pixel(pt, dpi) {
    return (pt * dpi / 72);
}

edit2: that update 30 minutes ago made a mess of the display in news-reviews-blogs. that has now been fixed

Reply #3947
@mjm716, close foobar2000 and then save this in your marc2003 folder.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2280132...temp/common8.js

thanks Marc - your support always goes above and beyond and is much appreciated.

I made some progress by discovering a special char in path problem. Another issue remains:

It is registering missing images when they do not exist:
"Now Playing: ..\wsh_data\artists\Cat Power\ contains 0 images."

I have tried setting Automatic download to "library tracks" and "all tracks" but only manual download seems to be working?

after manual - "Now Playing: ..wsh_data\artists\Cat Power\ contains 5 images."

Reply #3948
It is registering missing images when they do not exist:
"Now Playing: ..\wsh_data\artists\Cat Power\ contains 0 images."

you've lost me there. 

let's try it another way: post a screenshot that contains these 3 elements.

the console displaying the full path
windows explorer open at this folder location showing the full path in the address bar
the panel itself

example:

Reply #3949
sorry - only manual image download works - not automatic?

console doesn't provide any feedback regarding automatic download.