Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: SimPlaylist (foo_simplaylist) (Read 248133 times) previous topic - next topic

SimPlaylist (foo_simplaylist)

Reply #100
I don't know.  I'm definitely no programmer, but since cover art display can rely on grouping and grouping can rely on tags (even several of them, like ARTIST + ALBUM), maybe another tag can be processed for the art size. Then again, maybe I'm dreaming awake.

Reply #101
it doesn't matter what image you tell it to use, it will always be stretched/shrank to fit. i can't ever see such a complicated feature being added to this component.

ELPlaylist for columns UI can do what you want but it requires some serious effort to configure.

EDIT: this is what boredom does: example ELPlaylist configuration

Reply #102
Concerning the SimPlaylist Search Feature of Simplaylist: 

It doesn't really make sense to me why search is separated from the normal simplaylist. I'd find it far more useful to have a searchbar on top/bottom of my simplaylist which then acts as a filter upon the current playlist in a way that an empty search bar displays every item of the current playlist. Currently it acts the opposite way which is rather confusing. But the real pain is to switch tabs in order to perform a search in the current playlist. I don't really understand the design choice behind that.

Reply #103
Oh well... I had to try.  Anyway, this new Facets is already wonderful as it is and I definitely adopted it. 

Reply #104
Thank you so much for this plugin! I've hardly touched my config in the last year or two after finally wrestling ESPlaylist into something resembling what I'd wanted, but this sets it up exactly how I've wanted it for years.

Reply #105
Is there a chance that this plugin will work with columns_ui? 

Reply #106
This might be caused by the focus problem, but wanted to double check...

I have add to playback queue function set to middle mouse button click - it works fine on the other playlist plugins but on yours it defaults to what the mouse does (scroll mode) on default. 

Sounds like the focus issue.

Any ETA on beta 5?

Reply #107
Is there a chance that this plugin will work with columns_ui? 

Seconded; right now I divided between sticking with Columns UI and missing out on this, or switching to the Default UI and having to use foo_facets instead of Column UI's superior filter system.

Reply #108
Small formatting bug noticed within a Group Heading.
If a %field% is encased in braces {} or escaped parentheses (), there is a trailing space placed after the first { or (.
When using escaped brackets [], all is well.

Reply #109
If in quick setup window a playlist layout (related to normal playlist view) is choosen by doubleclick then the simplaylist view gets blank.

Reply #110
For those who don't like autohighlight you can add this function to the tag you want.

$replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace(INSERT HERE THE TAG,'(','>>('),')',')<<'),'[','>>['),']','<<]'),'{','>>{'),'}','<<]')

For example:
$replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace(%album%,'(','>>('),')',')<<'),'[','>>['),']','<<]'),'{','>>{'),'}','<<]')

Reply #111
For those who don't like autohighlight you can add this function to the tag you want.

Ah, ace! Thanks. The only ones that it doesn't work with are angle brackets themselves, for instance in 65daysofstatic's <unreleased/unreleasable> vol. 1.
It would be a million times better if Frank gave us the option to not use this rather weird highlighting style  But this helps a lot!

Reply #112
you don't have to nest $replace like that. you can have as many pairs as you like in one statement.

Code: [Select]
$replace(%title%,'(','>>(',')',')<<','[','>>[',']','<<]','{','>>{','}','<<}')

Reply #113
Unfortunately that doesn't work in all cases, for instance "Trilogy: a) The Wonder b) Hyperstation z) Eliminator Jr." It should be possible if you use $strstr to check that there's an opening and closing bracket. My TF strings are long enough already though, it would be nice if we could turn it off.

Reply #114
Unfortunately that doesn't work in all cases, for instance "Trilogy: a) The Wonder b) Hyperstation z) Eliminator Jr." It should be possible if you use $strstr to check that there's an opening and closing bracket. My TF strings are long enough already though, it would be nice if we could turn it off.

Good point. +1 for option to turn it off.

Just discovered that the SimPlaylist Search element is accessed via Edit -> Search. YAY. Love the element, does just the job it should, and now I have a keyboard shortcut for it!

Reply #115
Beta 5 out.

Concerning the SimPlaylist Search Feature of Simplaylist: 

It doesn't really make sense to me why search is separated from the normal simplaylist. I'd find it far more useful to have a searchbar on top/bottom of my simplaylist which then acts as a filter upon the current playlist in a way that an empty search bar displays every item of the current playlist. Currently it acts the opposite way which is rather confusing. But the real pain is to switch tabs in order to perform a search in the current playlist. I don't really understand the design choice behind that.

Displaying search results in the playlist could lead to the wrong conclusion that these results represent the order in which tracks will be played. But searching does not change the playlist. Also, you do not have to put the search into a different tab. Use a splitter to display both at the same time, or simply use the popup version.

Small formatting bug noticed within a Group Heading.
If a %field% is encased in braces {} or escaped parentheses (), there is a trailing space placed after the first { or (.
When using escaped brackets [], all is well.

If anyone should have the same issue, please change your font from "@Arial Unicode MS" to "Arial Unicode MS" without the @.

Reply #116
shortcut with left/right array doesn't work (seek back/ahead ... seconds). work with standard playlist view ...
foo foo foo

Reply #117
shortcut with left/right array doesn't work (seek back/ahead ... seconds). work with standard playlist view ...

This is the issue with the "single key" keyboard shortcuts. Also the insert (I use for add to playlistqueue) is eaten by simplaylist.
It would be a good thing to be able to disable "find as you type" and have our (single) keys back for shortcuts (as in most, if not all, other foobar components). Please consider such option.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #118
This is the issue with the "single key" keyboard shortcuts. Also the insert (I use for add to playlistqueue) is eaten by simplaylist.
It would be a good thing to be able to disable "find as you type" and have our (single) keys back for shortcuts (as in most, if not all, other foobar components). Please consider such option.

I'll just add a "+1" whenever somebody mentions this. Yes please.

Reply #119
bug report: I noticed an irregular behaviour in combination with the foo_removeplayed plugin (this plugin removes tracks from the playlist after being played).
With this plugin active (playback -> Remove played tracks) simplaylist jumps to the beginning of the playlist although playing the correct next track when these conditions apply: 1) the playing track (to be removed) is selected, 2) this track AND the next track to play, are both visible in the playlist (not scrolled off screen).
This does not happen in the standard playlist component.

FWIW (foobar 1.1.7 SimPlaylist 1.0b5, playback follows cursor and cursor follows playback are on (default))

while I'm at it, also a question:
How to get rid of the empty line before each group?
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #120
Hello Frank,

I'd like to request a feature similar to ELPlaylis's playlist filter. It lets you assign different grouping to each playlist, e.g. normal grouping for "All music" and no grouping for "Favorites" or "Most played".

Also each grouping scheme should have different set of columns, so with grouping I could use "[%track artist% - ]%title%", and without grouping "%artist% - %title%".

Also not sure if I missed something, but is it not possible to align part of the group header text to right side? $tab() didn't work atleast.

Reply #121
I'd like to request a feature similar to ELPlaylis's playlist filter. It lets you assign different grouping to each playlist, e.g. normal grouping for "All music" and no grouping for "Favorites" or "Most played".

+1 

Reply #122
Thanks for the update Frank. Unfortunately keyboard shortcuts with certain modifier keys still don't work.
For example I've always had ctrl+alt+a as shortcut for ReplayGain>Scan selection as albums (tags). It's always worked in the default playlist but it doesn't do anything in simplaylist.

Also there is a minor issue with the scrolling speed when drawing a selection rectangle in simplaylist. Drawing a selection from the top of the list to the bottom the scrolling speed of the list is very slow – in the opposite direction from bottom to top its quick though.

Reply #123

+1
different views for different playlists is my long long waiting feature... :/
foo foo foo

Reply #124
Frank

I've a condition that causes an unneeded playlist refresh and centering movement. 

xp, foobar 1.1.7, simplaylist beta 5, cursor follows playback, prefer current selection, autoplaylist based on %rating% MISSING.

If a rating is given to a track that is also the selection highlighted track, the playlist will refresh and center itself based on the track rated. This occurs whether the selection highlighted track is the playing track or otherwise. Rating of tracks without first selecting will have the track gracefully remove itself from playlist as expected.