Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4559493 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #4750
When no tracks are selected (for example just after startup), the artwork view shows nothing (just the background colour).

I would expect it to show the "generic" cover when nothing is selected.  Did you really intend it to work this way (i.e. show nothing), or is this a bug?
I designed it like that as I like distinction between "no artwork found" and "no items active". But anyway it can be added as an option if you feel differently.

It's no big deal, functionality and ease of use are much more important to me than looks.  Columns UI has enough options already.

Columns UI

Reply #4751
It requires your playlist view to report its current selection by an API added in the foobar2000 0.9.5 SDK.

OK, I suspected it might be an ELPlaylist problem. What is it supposed to show/how does it differ from Playlist selection?

]No. Keyboard focus is a keyboard navigation aid, I don't/won't use it for anything else.

Fair enough, I think I'll be happy with playlist selection thinking about it.

Columns UI

Reply #4752
Album List panel / NG Playlist request: locate in library

it seems that fb2k doesn't have this feature so maybe it will be useful for someone with large library (all of us?) which is updated frequently with new artist or for someone with playlists full of singles.

ex. playlist item > context menu > locate in library

ps: not context menu > utils > create album list view..., but directly locating the item in the album list panel

Columns UI

Reply #4753
New version 0.3.2 of Album List Panel available for testing. It updates with media library changes (i.e. when you rescan, retag etc.). Please report any issues encountered here, crashes in [codebox ] tags.

Should there be a 'Show vertical scrollbar' box to turn this on and off the same way there is for the horizontal scroll bar? Was there in previous versions? I'm using this in Br3tt's Ibiza config and I've gained a vertical scroll bar and can't turn it off... can you add an on/off control the same as the horizontal scroll bar has?

Columns UI

Reply #4754
Should there be a 'Show vertical scrollbar' box to turn this on and off the same way there is for the horizontal scroll bar? Was there in previous versions? I'm using this in Br3tt's Ibiza config and I've gained a vertical scroll bar and can't turn it off... can you add an on/off control the same as the horizontal scroll bar has?

Wouldn't that just make it impossible to see and reach the complete tree?  What is the point of removing essential functionality like scrolling? 

Columns UI

Reply #4755

Wouldn't that just make it impossible to see and reach the complete tree?  What is the point of removing essential functionality like scrolling? 

Don't you have a mouse wheel?

Columns UI

Reply #4756
A question : In the context menu, is the 'Refresh tree' entry still useful ?
Not so much, only for those with 'Populate on initialisation' disabled. For the next release I was planning to change it to 'Populate', show it only for those with that option enabled, and hide it once executed. At the moment it may also be useful to check the state of the tree is correct.
When the settings (views) are changed, it is still necessary to use "refresh tree" to make the changes visible.

Columns UI

Reply #4757
I think there's a little bug with the filter panel.

I have 2 filter panels. One for artists with artist as field and one for albums with $if2(%album%,' (unknown)') as field.
If while playing a song by Neurosis, i use the search box in the artist filter panel and type 'gojira', it of course shows only Gojira in the artist filter panel and only their albums in the album filter panel. As i use the official playcount plugin, after 1 minute, the playing Neurosis song get its playcount tag updated which is normal. But it also adds Neurosis in the artist filter panel (while there's still 'gojira' in the search box) which is not normal IMO. It doesn't add anything to the album filter panel.
Also if i use the search box in the album filter panel, i do not encounter the wrong behaviour described above.
I've seen this happen since many CUI version but i had never took the time to really investigate.

Is anyone else is experiencing the same thing ? Is it a filter bug ? a foo_playcount bug ? something else ?

Columns UI

Reply #4758
When the settings (views) are changed, it is still necessary to use "refresh tree" to make the changes visible.
Correct, that can be fixed by making them apply straight away though.

I think there's a little bug with the filter panel.

[...]

Is anyone else is experiencing the same thing ? Is it a filter bug ?
That would be my bug.. I'll check it, thanks for the report.

Columns UI

Reply #4759

Is there a way to sort the results of the Filter panels?  I would like to have the Album panel I have made sort the albums by date.  I can do it if I embed tags as %date% - %album%, but I would prefer to not do this for various reasons.  Mainly that I am being difficult. 

I have a panel with dates I added music to database, it works very nicely to find recently added music I might forget about otherwise  For this it would be nice if I could have it sort in reverse, so the last date is on top instead of the first.

You should consider creating an autoplaylist for that exact purpose instead

I don't really use playlists, and I want to select an artist or album I recently added, in the same way I select an artist or album any other time. With autoplaylist usage would be rather different. Don't think I use the filter panels as intended anyway

Columns UI

Reply #4760
musicmusic:

I love cui and have been using it exclusively for a while. I have just three questions.

1) Is it possible to put a background picture to a playlist view?
2) Is it possible to eliminate grey borders of a few pixels between panels when using horizontal or vertical splitter?

Currently I am using Panel Splitter to accomplish the above two objectives and it would be much easier to know if I can do the same two things without Panel Splitter since it is kind of buggy. If the answer is No, would you consider adding these two functionallities in the future release of CUI?

3) The customizable button and menu are great. But is it possible to make it more powerful by letting users change/select background color, text fonts, text color, text locations, and hover text color?
  Currently, I either use Panel Splitter or need to draw pictures of buttons to accomplish this. I would settle for for text buttons if CUI has the above mentioned functionalities.

Thanks in advance.

ftc

Columns UI

Reply #4761
Hello
There's a bug in the new auto updating album list panel.
The sub-item counts is not updated

Columns UI

Reply #4762
I love CUI and also use the Album List Panel. Thanks for the new version (auto-update).

Is there any chance of a further improvement to the Album List panel? I use a tag BAND instead of Album Artist as I know many people do. There is a feature in this panel to allow the display to handle multi-value tags ie %<artist>% will parse the artist tag and extract all the artists. This does not seem to work for my added tag such as band.

I had thought that if I put my tag name in the Advanced\Display\Properties dailog configuration then this would solve the probem - but no.

Am I doing something wrong or have I found a limitation in the current version.

Thanks for both CUI and Album List panel - they make Foobar so much better.

Columns UI

Reply #4763
i'm hoping to get some help formatting the Group Header in an NG Playlist. i have managed to figure out how to change the colour and font of the text, but i was hoping to have more control.

1, after the string is printed, a long line is put at the end - can this be changed?

2. is it possible to change the justification of the text, such that %artist% is left-justified, and %album% is right-justified?

3. can background colour behind the text in the Group Header be changed separately?

thanks!

Columns UI

Reply #4764
musicmusic:
How about some conditional buttons? Say, have a button to switch between playback modes (much like WMP) with different icons depending on the selected mode?

Another possibility is changing the play-button to a pause button if it's currently playing
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Columns UI

Reply #4765
My artwork looks terrible because the resizing is off...is there any way to switch to a better algorithm?

(I can't use the album art panel on wine)

Columns UI

Reply #4766
I think you have to copy the gdiplus.dll (here) to your wine installation to get better resizing. Check out the foobar on linux thread!
And for me the Artwork View from CUI works just fine! (and NG Playlist, using Crossover on OSX)
fb2k on OSX: flac q8 > rockboxed Sansa e280v1: Vorbis q5.0

Columns UI

Reply #4767
I like how the DUI "properties/info" panel looks...
C'mon everyone loves alternate stripes

An option for (your) panels to use the playlist style would be really cool!
<insert signature here>

Columns UI

Reply #4768
Is there a way to disable the filter panel's ability to change tags (artist, album, etc.)? Since I sometimes accidentally change tags when using the panel.

Columns UI

Reply #4769
I'd like to second this question from freetochoose:
2) Is it possible to eliminate grey borders of a few pixels between panels when using horizontal or vertical splitter?

Columns UI

Reply #4770
My artwork looks terrible because the resizing is off...is there any way to switch to a better algorithm?

1. Wine is not supported
2. It uses the best algorithm available in GDI+
3. Hence, your problem is with Wine. Try http://bugs.winehq.org/

Is there a way to disable the filter panel's ability to change tags (artist, album, etc.)? Since I sometimes accidentally change tags when using the panel.
If you accidentally type things on your keyboard, I find it strange, nevertheless most people would press Escape, or just click out if you did not actually type anything. It's normal behaviour in Windows so it won't change.

Hello
There's a bug in the new auto updating album list panel.
The sub-item counts is not updated
Thank you for the report, I will correct it for next release.

Columns UI

Reply #4771
@musicmusic

I love CUI and also use the Album List Panel. Thanks for the new version (auto-update).

Is there any chance of a further improvement to the Album List panel? I use a tag BAND instead of Album Artist as I know many people do. There is a feature in this panel to allow the display to handle multi-value tags ie %<artist>% will parse the artist tag and extract all the artists. This does not seem to work for my added tag such as band.

I had thought that if I put my tag name in the Advanced\Display\Properties dailog configuration then this would solve the probem - but no.

Am I doing something wrong or have I found a limitation in the current version.

Thanks for both CUI and Album List panel - they make Foobar so much better.

Any chance of looking at this for me please?

Thanks.

Columns UI

Reply #4772
1. Wine is not supported

Actually CUI works better than DUI with wine. At least it was the case last time I checked. Not to contradict your statement, just appreciating your work.

Black_Over_Bills_Mothers
Have you added BAND field to the list of multivalue fields in Preferences - Advanced - Display - Properties dialog?
Sharing delusions since 1991.

Columns UI

Reply #4773
Hi Slotos. Yes, see post. Thanks anyway. Have you got it working?

Columns UI

Reply #4774
Hi
In one of the last version of CUI, you introduced Lock artwork type.
Is it supposed to remember which type was selected across sessions ?
I use 2 artwork panel.
One for front covers which is 'remembered' since it's the first type.
I also use another panel for artist picture (using the Disc type) which is not remembered.
Well it is remembered song after song within a session but if i close foobar, the next time i launch it, the 2 artwork panels display the front cover.