Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: iPod manager (Read 2214565 times) previous topic - next topic

[seemingly abandonware] iPod manager

Reply #3775
Out of curiosity does this plugin works with the iPhone 4S running iOS 5.1.1? I hate the process that I have to do now just to transfer the music to my phone. Not to mention the redundant process that I have to create another same playlist on iTunes

1) Select songs in foobar2k and add it to playlist 'iPhone'

2) Use the file operation to copy all the songs in the playlist to a folder.

3) Open iTunes, add the folder into the library.

4) Micro-manage the playlist to reflect the same playlist in foobar2k.

Reply #3776
In case you're still unable to go back a page or two for the readily available answer, it's "no".

Reply #3777
at least on my PC this is a useless feature unless my files are hidden. i was hoping i could use this "explorer" to add/delete music files..but from what i can see its totally useless. it shoes the folders that are on my ipod..but absolutely nothing is in them. my main question i guess is how do we add to an existing playlist? i think i can name a playlist "XYZ"..and save that FPL. and then load that and add that way? and then sync back to the ipod..or send to ipod... but that seems mundane and a bad work around.

Reply #3778
after downloading foo_dop and besides having win 7 recognize the ipod classic 160GB...and seeing that i have file system explorer...what goos is it? what can we do with it? files are hidden. i have tried un-hiding..does no good. there is not a way to "see" music files on the IPOD correct? and if there is..what do i need to download? i will not use itunes. foo works great as a manager for the ipod..i was basically just wondering what function the file system explorer provides?

Reply #3779
Request: Add option to queue files to be sent to the iPod.

An example would be sending a few tunes over to the iPod with the "iPod > Send to iPod" option. When that is still in progress I can't add another tune unless it finishes it's current operation.

So my proposal is have the option to continually add files but they would be be queued. Perhaps a queue manager to show whats being sent to the ipod.

Reply #3780

An example would be sending a few tunes over to the iPod with the "iPod > Send to iPod" option. When that is still in progress I can't add another tune unless it finishes it's current operation.

So my proposal is have the option to continually add files but they would be be queued. Perhaps a queue manager to show whats being sent to the ipod.

nice try, but this Plugin is dead

Reply #3781

thank you..i think what you said here i finally got on my own thru tirelessly trying any damn thing. what i did was foobar, view, ipod devices, right click on any play-list i made and "send playlist" back into foobars play list. then i can add/delete, etc...then go to file, ipod, manage contents to see whats in there (if it works basically)..and then send again to foobars playlist to manipulate by doing again,...view ipod  devices, "send to" foobar playlist..go back into manager and delete the previous older list that has fewer songs that i just added..i know what im saying is confusing. im in a hurry. but its working for me. it may be a process..but it works...is there a better way? im sure there are better..or quicker ways...but this is working for me. rather drag and drop obviously like my other devices..but seems not possible? file system explorer simply seems like a wasted function...i see stuff on it. like f1, f2...and so on...but that seems worse than what im doing? bottom line is i am getting foobar to do what i had wanted..or my ipod would have been useless to me..short of getting on my MAC...or using itunes..and im not doing either. Mac is only for paying bills on a hard wired..not wireless basis for me. long post...sorry.

sorry 'bout posting in wrong area...ill never get used to where to put what question it seems.

Reply #3782
Interesting, anyone know musicmusic IRL, because if he dead, and we can't get sources, then foo_dop is last working solution to have sync playback stats with portable and fb2k (DAR & AutoPlaylists without correct stats, is nothing) and without any hope to future :-( It's really bad, because i think on it sources, community can make other variants of sync files with conversation and stats for different devices: RockBox, MTP, another fb2k (on netbook or tablet (in futrue WIN8 it will common)).
For example RockBox can possibility to wrote xml with stats.
MTP have open source libs to read stats.
For fb2k also not to hard wrote plugin such plugin, because now it's imposiible to make such simple thing as syncing between fb2k library (~2TB) at main PC and library (~80GB) on netbook.

It's really bad situation with "vendor lock in" between dying iPods and fb2k library. As I said without statistics from portable (even overall time of portable listen not above 30%) you can't get full experience with DAR auto-ratings and autoplaylists.

Reply #3783
Interesting, anyone know musicmusic IRL, because if he dead
Can we not be so morbid, do you think? Or at least pause to express hope otherwise, especially before going on to a subject that, however framed, is so much less significant than someone’s life.

Reply #3784
I can't believe this is the only working plugin for iPod transfer support. It's actually perfect and working really good, but I just have few minor changes I would love made.

Reply #3785
So is anyone going to start a new plugin?  I would but I don't know how to program.  I guess I could learn and by the time I do there will probably still not be one around.

Reply #3786
It's official, this plugin no longer works at all on ipod touch/iphone devices.

I attempted syncing, then opening iTunes and doing the "sync" trick to update my playlists, but iTunes no longer updates playlists when clicking the sync button.

Sadly, this plugin is now (completely) dead, and I have to figure out another way to get my music onto my ipod...

Reply #3787
The component still works for my iPod Classic.

But if there ever comes a time when the component stops working, I am going to be up the proverbial creek.

When I use iTunes to load my songs to the iPod, album art does not always display correctly in Cover Flow. Earlier versions of iTunes had a very easy fix for this, but the ability to repair the album art cache was removed from iTunes a long time ago. And now, iTunes no longer determines gapless playback information (at least, it didn't the last time I tried).

I am not sure what happened to the component developer, but I hope someone takes the mantle.

Reply #3788
Things that contribute nothing to this thread (disclaimer: not necessarily an exhaustive list):
• complaints about foo_dop’s lack of development
• speculation about whether someone else will develop a replacement
• speculation about musicmusic

Please, either start developing a replacement yourself, or stop posting the same vague musings about some mythical future hero who will. The only reason that I can see to leave this thread open at all now is for questions about existing functionality that can be answered by other users.

Reply #3789
Things that contribute nothing to this thread (disclaimer: not necessarily an exhaustive list):
• complaints about foo_dop’s lack of development
• speculation about whether someone else will develop a replacement
• speculation about musicmusic

Please, either start developing a replacement yourself, or stop posting the same vague musings about some mythical future hero who will. The only reason that I can see to leave this thread open at all now is for questions about existing functionality that can be answered by other users.

maybe a mod could change the thread title to something like ( Development stopped)

Reply #3790
A good idea, which I don’t know how I previously overlooked!

While here, I’d like to re-emphasise my request that users refrain from posting about a replacement until it becomes more than hypothetical. Also, it isn’t in very good taste to speculate about musicmusic, whose absence has an unlimited number of potential reasons with probabilities that can’t even be guessed by others. And it means that requests for/laments about missing features can’t achieve anything right now. The most that can be done is to help others use what is available.

Reply #3791
hello everyone,

I've read this week this topic because i'm interested in the state of dev for foo_dop. Maybe I'm blind or fool, but there is a sdk on foo_dop official site.

http://yuo.be/ipod.php/download/C8EDD65B-F.../dop-sdk-0.2.7z

I'm not a developper but maybe somebody can pick on eye on it and see if he can add ios 5 sync?

It's a suggestion 

Reply #3792
There are several problems with that. In approximate ascending order of severity:
• The download is 404d. Didn’t you notice?
• That is labelled as version 0.2. The corresponding version of foo_dop was released on or around 2006-06-09, a far cry from the latest version 0.6.9.7 on 2011-06-28.
• An SDK does not equal source code.

Reply #3793
There are several problems with that. In approximate ascending order of severity:
• That is labelled as version 0.2. The corresponding version of foo_dop was released on or around 2006-06-09, a far cry from the latest version 0.6.9.7 on 2011-06-28.

• Sorry, i've made a mistake with the link. In this page, you can download the SDK : http://yuo.be/ipod.php
• Maybe 0.2.7 is the version of the SDK and not the final product (dll)
• I know that but this SDK can have an utility, maybe.

Reply #3794
This is, of course, the main problem.It seems, that it was only a temporary problem. I could successfully download the SDK now. But having a quick glance on it, it seems, that it is not possible to add the functionality requested by @funnuraba21.
This is most likely a wrong assumption. The SDK version number for the ColumnsUI SDK is 6.3.1 and also completely different to the version numbering of ColumnsUI itself.
Although this was also my first thought, I guess @funnuraba21 is assuming, that foo_dop can be extended by using the SDK to fulfill is wishes.

Reply #3795
Just registered and i have to say this

the foo_dop indeed working on ios 5.x.x
although it need to be nudge a lil bit so it will detect the damn music on the ipod list

1st step : upload your music like usual
2nd step : run itunes & press sync
3rd step : click cancel sync on the 2nd step (if not working, try cancelling on the 3rd step)

im not responsible if you had to re-up your music.
least this method work on me

p.s. i tested it on my jailbroken ipad ios 5.1.1

Reply #3796
Just registered and i have to say this

the foo_dop indeed working on ios 5.x.x
although it need to be nudge a lil bit so it will detect the damn music on the ipod list

1st step : upload your music like usual
2nd step : run itunes & press sync
3rd step : click cancel sync on the 2nd step (if not working, try cancelling on the 3rd step)

im not responsible if you had to re-up your music.
least this method work on me

p.s. i tested it on my jailbroken ipad ios 5.1.1

Playback stat sync worked with this method?
I think to get iPod Touch.

Reply #3799
oh btw, the ipad is ipad1, dunno if that method still work with the newer version of ios handheld