Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Songs will not add to a playlist. (Read 2243 times) previous topic - next topic

Songs will not add to a playlist.

I am having a weird issue.  My songs for a new album I just got are added to the library, however, when I right click the artist and create auto playlist, the songs from that particular album are not showing up.  All of the other albums from the artist are fine, however, the one album just wont show up.  The weird part is that the list of songs shows up in the Filter, but will not show up when you try and add them to a playlist.  Any Ideas?  I tried the search and couldn't find anything on this issue.

Reply #1
subtle typo in the tag? leading/trailing whitespace perhaps?

Reply #2

Checked and nothing.  I didn't really want to do this, but I think I may clear my settings file and do a full clean install of Foobar2k.

Edit:  Did a clean install and still have the issue.  Considering wiping the tags and readding all of them.

Reply #3

Checked and nothing.  I didn't really want to do this, but I think I may clear my settings file and do a full clean install of Foobar2k.

Edit:  Did a clean install and still have the issue.  Considering wiping the tags and readding all of them.

Solution if someone else encounters this problem.  Make sure the Album artists and Artists coincide with the rest of the artist.  If there is one letter that is capitalized and in the other album that isn't, they wont show up in the Artist playlist because Foobar reads this as two different artists.

Reply #4
In other words, a typo in the Artist tags, as marc2003 suggested.....