Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How do I create a CD image or .cue from WAV files? (Read 12910 times) previous topic - next topic

How do I create a CD image or .cue from WAV files?

Is there any software that will create a disc image from multiple WAV files.

I want to be able to create a mountable image from WAV files: ideally I'd like to convert the multiple WAV files into a single WAV file, and a cue sheet, but I'd be happy just to be able to automatically generate a cue sheet from a folder of WAV's.

I have quite a lot of folders of unnamed (e.g. "Track 01"; "Track 02"; etc.) WAV files, and it would be very handy to mount them as images, so that they're recognised by iTunes.

The nearest I've managed is to have create a compilation using Nero, and removing the between song pauses, although this is quite convoluted, and results in a file in the proprietary .nrg format, which is less than ideal.

Thanks.

Reply #1
You could use foobar with foo_cuesheetcreator to create a cuesheet from a load of WAVE files.

Edit: If you'd actually prefer to merge the files as well, then foobar's built in Converter will do that.

There's also my cuemake, which is a .NET command line app (which I don't use), or shntool (a good command line app) would no doubt do it.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #2
Mh, exact same problem here.
I've got a self-made compilation and want to 'merge' the files and use chapters with a cuesheet. Maybe I'm a bit naive, but it sounded so easy.
When choosing 'convert' and then the cuesheet part of it, nothing happens except that all files are re-encoded and copied into one directory. No cuesheet, nothing. I hope I'm just being stupid because I'd really love to share my playlists in one file which could be browsed by chapters or something..

thanks

Reply #3
As long as your files are numbered so that they sort correctly:
Code: [Select]
$ shntool cue *.wav

and then:
$ shntool join *.wav

You'll need to rename your big WAV and its corresponding reference in the CUE file and the individual WAV filenames will be lost and replaced by Track 01 etc.

Reply #4
Thank you. I'll try this when I get a moment.

Reply #5
Sorry, it would probably be easier to make the CUE creation command:
$ shntool cue *.wav > foo.cue

which will give you a CUE file in the working directory rather than requiring you to copy/paste one.