Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Removing Visualisation from new foobar? (Read 6724 times) previous topic - next topic

Removing Visualisation from new foobar?

Hi,

The new foobar with the new UI and ability to quickly color/customize it is great!  Even better for recommending it to friends who are in a similar position to me (quick, simply mp3 player).

Quick question, with the Preset "Visualization + Cover Art + Tabs" Quick Setup.  How  do I remove the Visualization at the bottom? 

I just want to extend the Play list down more.  I want to keep the left panels the same.

Thanks

Reply #1
1. Enable Layout Editing Mode (from View -> Layout)
2. Right-click on the Playlist and Copy UI Element
3. Right-click on the splitter below and Paste UI Element

In other words, you copy Playlist View, you select the area you want it to cover (by clicking on the splitter between the Playlist View and Customisation Visualisation), and then you paste it over this area.

Reply #2
all that's done is display another Album View under the existing one.  I want to remove that Panel completely.

I tried "Cut UI Element" but now it just shows a grey box.

Reply #3
Maybe I did not use the right term when I said splitter. Let me try again: :-)

You have to right-click on the border between the Playlist View and the Visualisation panel, not on the Visualisation panel. The whole area will then get selected, and you can paste the Playlist View over it (or select Replace UI Element from the menu, and pick something else).

Reply #4
Thanks mate!  Got it working, perfect!

Reply #5
Glad you got it working!

It took me a few tries to figure this out myself the first time.

Reply #6
Crap, that's a handy trick.  I was a bit miffed about the lack of an unsplitter.

Tip for UI customisers: use the scratchbox.

Reply #7
Maybe I did not use the right term when I said splitter. Let me try again: :-)

You have to right-click on the border between the Playlist View and the Visualisation panel, not on the Visualisation panel. The whole area will then get selected, and you can paste the Playlist View over it (or select Replace UI Element from the menu, and pick something else).

Thanks man, it really helped me to get a very good understanding over the foobar customization, it really helped me, i just started using foobar, replacing winamp because winamp is pain in the you know where. thanks again for your time on explaining others, i learned by listening to you.