Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Sample rates questionable? (Read 2324 times) previous topic - next topic

Sample rates questionable?

Just noticed that I have a difference of playback sample rates between fb2k and MC when using the control panel of my soundcard. MC is allowed to use for playback Source Bitrate (should be 44,100 to the best of my knowledge) and foobar is set for 44,100. Both, in my opinion, should then display this in my M-Audio 24/96 control panel when I check the hardware settings. But when I check with foobar playing, without a locked sample rate on the card, I get 32,000.

I basically have to force the 24/96 to use the 44,100 rate with foobar even though sample rate is set as mentioned above. I have to believe this shouldn't be necessary (?). I don't have the card set to disable audio app use of ASIO-EASI options. For whatever reason, the card is saying the codec rate is 32,000. Is there something that may be causing this discrepancy?

Reply #1
EDIT:

Seems waveOut is the reason for screwed bitrates. Direct sound reports properly.

Sanity check: Does waveOut always do this?

Reply #2
Say what?

Reply #3
I just changed the output from waveOut to DirectSound and the sound card's >control panel< displays the bitrates properly. Want a screen shot?

EDIT: > control panel <