Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: I want to use fb2k + 5.1 surround; what setup/plugins do you recommend (Read 3707 times) previous topic - next topic

I want to use fb2k + 5.1 surround; what setup/plugins do you recommend

Hi.
I have not used this forum very much,because all the topics looks extremly technical,and i am not there yet,not at all.
Ill get to the subject:what,witch and how should a new foobar user behave,or what is must have components,and perhaps what to look fore.I will say it in english:how do i built up my foobar,there is so many compinations and i do not know what to look for,options i believe is the right word.
System specs:hitachi 50" plasma with harddrive,5,1 system audio speakers+subwoofer.speakers/satelites 5+120 watts.subwoofer 420 watts
yamaha dsp ax3200 amplifier.
all this connected to acer aspire 77736z,that runs windows 7 home premium 64 bitt.
Some kind advice is needed an very much appriciated.

Kind Regards Casiasser

Reply #1
I'd say, try to get along with the standard installation first. If you are missing something, try to find a component providing the desired functionality.
Later you may browser through the whole component list and find out whether there may be something you would like but haven't thought of.

Reading parts of the wiki might be helpful to understand how foobar2000 works.

Something that (in my opinion) you should do with every software: Explore all menus, try everything. Note that you can use shift+rightclick in some places, you may also rightclick dropdown menu arrows, ...

Reply #2
In case it is part of your question: In terms of sound, foobar2000 does not require anything additional to output audio at full quality. Even the different output modes that might be available for your sound-card will make no audible difference, unless something is very wrong somewhere.

If you’re talking about look-and-feel, why not browse the threads we have for users to post screenshots of their setups? Perhaps you’ll find a theme you’d like to use, or just some inspiration. And, as herojoker said, the Knowledgebase should help you understand the basics, such as title-formatting, the Preferences, the different UIs that are commonly used, etc.