Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_quicksearch (Read 662596 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #101
A 16x20 bitmap gives me the same problem:

Code: [Select]
ERROR (foo_uie_quicksearch) : Image draw failed
ERROR (foo_uie_quicksearch) : dRAW FAILED

(I tried a varity of sizes and images)

I could use reshacker to add my own icon tho . Hope you don't mind NEMO :S.
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #102
A 16x20 bitmap gives me the same problem:

Code: [Select]
ERROR (foo_uie_quicksearch) : Image draw failed
ERROR (foo_uie_quicksearch) : dRAW FAILED

(I tried a varity of sizes and images)

I could use reshacker to add my own icon tho . Hope you don't mind NEMO :S.

I don't mind but try at you own risk. You'd better remove the dll, relaunch foobar, reset the dll and give another try .... and let me know if the problem still arise . Thanks.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #104
I don't mind but try at you own risk. You'd better remove the dll, relaunch foobar, reset the dll and give another try .... and let me know if the problem still arise . Thanks.

How did I not think of that !

It works fine now lol. No need for resource hacker . All is well .
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #105
Version 1.3 and 2.0 (now compatible with foobar V0.9) are out. Check first post for downloads.

Please note: Porting to 0.9 was nearly a nightmare (for a C++ noob like me), so I do not not guarantee is is totally bug free. Functionalities should be the same as version 1.3, except in rare cases (dock/undock) because of the different behaviour of the column UI SDK. Please report any problem, ... or even if you have none.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #106
For the moment, no bug at all

And very nice plugin, I was waiting for 0.9 port to test it, it is really useful!!

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #107
That's a nice component. I'm using version 2.0 and if the search string is longer than the text box you cannot see what you type anymore because existing text doesn't move to the left (doesn't get hidden).

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #108
Thanks for making the v0.9 port - much appreciated

After a quick test the only bug i've seen is that mentioned by The Link.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #109
That's a nice component. I'm using version 2.0 and if the search string is longer than the text box you cannot see what you type anymore because existing text doesn't move to the left (doesn't get hidden).

Thanks for reporting .. I'll try to fix for the next version, but that may not be so obvious.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #110
First thing thanksssssssss for porting it to 0.9. Yet there is something i am not sure about. I see in the to do list "font customization" and it looks like done but i cant find it in the config panel. Is it hidden ? may be i am just blind, in fact i am a little bit

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #111
Thanks dude, works perfectly for me and the advanced playlist gen language is a must.
Is it possible to assign a hotkey to set focus to the search textfield ? I've found "Quicksearch Toolbar" but when I press my hotkey first the panel disappear and next time it appears in a floating window, which is not really what I expected

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #112
Thanks dude, works perfectly for me and the advanced playlist gen language is a must.
Is it possible to assign a hotkey to set focus to the search textfield ? I've found "Quicksearch Toolbar" but when I press my hotkey first the panel disappear and next time it appears in a floating window, which is not really what I expected

Thanks for reporting ..... it is now fixed [I guess in Version 2.0]. Please redownload from first post .... as this bug could cause a crash in some circusmtances. The intended behaviour of the function key is to set the focus to the toolbar if it is docked and just activate/deactivate is it is undocked.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #114
Thanks for this awesome component

Bugs and comments:
* Search text not verticly center. 1px to high. (or not, the height of the box makes it look weird if lowerd )
* Tagz? with a z? I thought it was spelled with an s. It is in the rest of Foobar.
* Why are there frames around the buttons in the preferences?
* Preference tabs don't have correct background color (xp themes)

EDIT: Btw. How do I change what to search for. I want to include the file path.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #115
Using the latest 2.0 version with col UI 0.1.3 beta 1v5.7 and I've noticed that on typing a string, if I press delete, the characters do not clear themselves on the screen, with any new text typed being displayed over the top of the old, creating a mess.

Would also like to see an option to view all available files, perhaps with a button, or simply allowing me to press return (with no text in the box).

Other than these small concerns, it's fantastic, small, fast and perfect

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #116
if I press delete, the characters do not clear themselves on the screen, with any new text typed being displayed over the top of the old, creating a mess.

I can't reproduced anything similar .... so it will be difficult to fix.

Would also like to see an option to view all available files, perhaps with a button, or simply allowing me to press return (with no text in the box).

Not planned yet ....

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #118
Hmm ... you're right I forgot. Since it is a toolbar i thought standard fonts would be ok (like the menu ones) but I may have a look .... later however.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #119
No problem, take your time

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #120
can a find as you type option be implemented? that would be great!
Thanks for the plugin!

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #121
thanks so much for this component!  it fulfills a need i never really thought i had. 

there seem to be some issues with the font, however, and i'd just like to add that i'm having them too.  here's a screen shot.  i entered a search term, tried to delete it, but the text didn't disappear, then i typed in some more letters and they seem to have just overlapped the old ones:

this problem goes away when foobar repaints itself, like when i minimize and restore it.

also, it would be great if a search term with no results would give a blank playlist, or if there were at least the option for that behavior.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #122
Regarding the characters not being removed on delete, I've tested it on foobar v.91 and the issue has fixed itself, whereas on foobar v .92 beta 3, the issue appears (the same problem that topdownjimmy is having)  Perhaps screen refresh on the new version is different (though I've no real idea), serves me right for trying the bleeding edge I guess.

As to viewing all files on the database, it's no real worries if I just press space, then return on the search it shows all the database, I just felt it would be cleaner with a button or leaving the search blank then pressing return.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #123
Regarding the characters not being removed on delete, I've tested it on foobar v.91 and the issue has fixed itself, whereas on foobar v .92 beta 3, the issue appears (the same problem that topdownjimmy is having)  Perhaps screen refresh on the new version is different (though I've no real idea), serves me right for trying the bleeding edge I guess.

i should have made it clear that i'm using foobar 0.9.1

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #124
Also from me a thank you for porting.

I have an issue with searching 'all playlists', search type 'match all' and tagz string 'standard' (the default one). E.g. I do have 20 songs from an artist, but when I type in the name, only a max of 5 songs show up (at least not all)

Then a suggestion. For the 0.8 version, one could add a keyboard shortcut to focus the field and do a normal search. Now you can add a focus-shortcut only if you want to search the library