Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Database of CD/DVD drive's EAC Drive Option (Read 14338 times) previous topic - next topic

Database of CD/DVD drive's EAC Drive Option

Hi just starting a thread as it seems that there is some use for a list of drive options for EAC especially for the newer drives on the market.

Please do not post any junk on this thread. Also either use the reference CDs listed in EAC to perform your testing. I don't know if there should be multiple tests when testing for options you decided what should be done .

I will start with my new drive that replace my Ricoh MP7163 (blew up my power supply when it shorted I think  ).

My new drive is a LG GCE-8526B Firmware 1.03 (there is a newer one but I don't know what it fixes so I ain't gonna use it).

Extraction Method: Secure Mode / Caches Audio / C2 Capable
Drive Read CMD: Read Command MMC 1
Offset: +6 / Can read into Lead-In and Lead-Out

So far so good when I tested it for extraction of CDDA. Haven't gone through a more thorough test as I only just got this drive and it took me a long time to get information on this drive.

Also if there is anyone else with the same drive please confirm. Also anyone else with comments in regards to whatever test we should do to confirm a drives abilities please post.

Regards
-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams

Reply #1
Please leave this second post blank as I will post verified drive options for EAC in this post.

Thanks

Reply #2
Please leave this second post blank as I will post verified drive options for EAC in this post.

Thanks
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=262594"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

EAC is already programmed to detect & submit drive features.

Reply #3
Where is the database for that one then? Please help I thought that went nowhere when you submitted it.

Regards

Reply #4
Where is the database for that one then? Please help I thought that went nowhere when you submitted it.

Regards
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=262608"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Andre is the only one that can tell you what exactly happens to the data but I presume that it is sent to a database maintained by Andre or EAC staff (if there is any) & the updates are programmed into the next EAC release. It would be better if EAC could connect to the database & query data as well as updating it. Considering the large gap between EAC releases I'm not sure why Andre hasn't done this yet.

Reply #5
Try www.eac-audio.de (a.k.a. Offset Base - includes many newer drives) besides SatCP's site ... everything you need
The name was Plex The Ripper, not Jack The Ripper

Reply #6
I suspect that the data EAC sends, are meant for SatCP's database, which, however, has been idle for a long time. Meanwhile, this 'new' database has grown big. It is permanently updated with input from users and offers indeed everything you need:
Try www.eac-audio.de (a.k.a. Offset Base - includes many newer drives) besides SatCP's site ... everything you need
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=262626"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Reply #7
Cheers... sorry for the meaningless post then.

Reply #8
I suspect that the data EAC sends, are meant for SatCP's database, which, however, has been idle for a long time. Meanwhile, this 'new' database has grown big. It is permanently updated with input from users and offers indeed everything you need:
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=262626"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=262715"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The data EAC sends is not for SatCP's online database as I said I'm pretty sure it is for an EAC database controlled by Andre, If you open the EAC configuration wizard & your drive is found in the database you will be automatically provided with your drive features.