Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Not my release] Biography view (Read 490877 times) previous topic - next topic

[Not my release] Biography view

Reply #725
What's wrong with this plugin? A few days ago the cover of the album is not displayed anymore and the artist photo is displayed instead. It was working fine before.

Reply #726
have you checked the last.fm website for the artist/album you're looking at? images are uploaded by normal users and they get voted on meaning they can change at anytime.

Reply #727
Are you sure you haven't accidentally double-clicked on the panel? Doing so will switch between artist and album display.

Reply #728
That was it! I bet I already checked this with right click and no matter if I selected artist or album, the artist was always displayed.

Reply #729
I have the following problem.

When I have a song - for example the artist "Britney Spears feat. Madonna" I set the plugin that the info shows the info of the Album Artist which is "Britney Spears".
This works well, as long as there is no track with "Various Artists" album artist tag.

So what I want is: There is a song by "XY" on a compilation with the album artist tag "Various Artists". What do I have to set under "Remap data" that in those cases the artist info is the track artist.

I tried this with "$if(.......) but I can't get this to work.

Can somebody help me? I hope it gets clear what I want, my English is not so good explaining those complex problems. ^^

Reply #730
Code: [Select]
$if($strcmp(%album artist%,Various Artists),%artist%,%album artist%)

Reply #731
Thanks a lot!

Reply #732
Hi to all.

I cannot understand, how to set background image in the BIO field.
For example, i have mp3-files and Biography View plugin gets info about current track from internet DB and its fine.
http://imageshack.com/a/img15/6900/vwm0.jpg
But i have MIDI, SPC and NFS files, which cannot have any cover at all. So, while they are playing, i see only blank square of empty BIO plugin.
Is there a way to set there this image as background, or as NO_COVER image to this plugin?

Thank you.

Reply #733
have a look at the server preferences. i think you can add other sources.

Reply #734

Thank you, It's worked.

Reply #735
I don't know why this happens but sometimes I see the artist instead of the album cover. It suppose it happens when the album is not found. There should be an option to block this and show nothing (or a predefined image such as a CD case) instead of automatically switching from album to artist. It's driving me crazy.

Reply #736
Right-click/Options/Lock Display Type.

Reply #737
Yes, that was the solution, thanx. Now, any idea how to use a custom image instead of black? Or is this feature still not implemented?

Reply #738
If you mean a filler image when no album art was found, I think its pulled from Preferences/Display/Stub image path. Just make sure it's added as a source on the Biography server preferences page.

Reply #739
Hello all, the bio plugin has stopped working for many months now. All I get is one artist image from last.fm. When I first installed it I was getting all 6 images. Has something changed at last.fm, or is there an update to this plugin...? Any help shall be greatly appreciated.

Reply #740
The corresponding part of the API was changed/shut down. I'd suggest using WSH Panel Mod and one of marc2003's scripts which uses a different method to get the images.

Reply #741
The corresponding part of the API was changed/shut down. I'd suggest using WSH Panel Mod and one of marc2003's scripts which uses a different method to get the images.

Thanks! I googled the script you mentioned above, but honestly I don't have a clue as to how to apply it to the darkone_v4_by_tedgo skin. Any help will be appreciated.

Reply #742
Check the readme marc2003 wrote for it (should come with the zip file).

If it's more of a question of 'fitting it in' rather than just 'getting it work at all', you might be better asking the creator of that skin.

Reply #743
Check the readme marc2003 wrote for it (should come with the zip file).

If it's more of a question of 'fitting it in' rather than just 'getting it work at all', you might be better asking the creator of that skin.

Yeah, I have the zip file. I'm sending it to the creator of the skin and see what he has to say. Thx again for your help.

Reply #744
Hello,

I have this problem...

Otherwise, great plugin.. thanks to whoever made it

Reply #745
Does somebody know why i cant scroll images in this plugin? mouse scroll just slows down whole player and nothing happens. ok, just scrolling up slows down everything, and scrolling down does nothing.
and yes, max 6 photos is set in preferences.

help?

sorry for language, im polish xP

Reply #746
How do i avoid this picture from showing up ever again?

because this component only fetches one image, all you get is the most popular one as voted by users on last.fm. you can check that out by browsing the last.fm website artist page.

@Soanseth, last.fm turned off the service that allowed you download multiple images. that's why you only get one now.

Reply #747
Oh crap, i knew it. thanks for help ;]

Reply #748
Anyone know of a way to make the images load faster? =P  Sometimes they don't change for 10 seconds or more. I tried using WSH via that guys post very early in the thread but the file didnt contain anything foralbum art, which is all I care about. WSH makes me crazy too. Are there any other alternatives? been searching google all night and this seems to be the only result besides WSH :\

Reply #749
Anyone know of a way to make the images load faster? =P  Sometimes they don't change for 10 seconds or more. I tried using WSH via that guys post very early in the thread but the file didnt contain anything foralbum art, which is all I care about. WSH makes me crazy too. Are there any other alternatives? been searching google all night and this seems to be the only result besides WSH :\

For now, this not possible without WSH..

It seems that albumart can be acessed trough WSH, by using this link:
http://www.last.fm/music/Madonna/Something+to+Remember
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/4255...adonnsometh.png

But I think that this will not improve faster load images, it depends on the speed of your Internet.
When you use Marc thumbs, if 1st image load faster then the default albumart in foo_uie_biography, this can be solution for you.
Speed can be even faster if you don't care about image quality:

low: http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/126/4255...adonnsometh.png
medium: http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/4255...adonnsometh.png
high: http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/425524...adonnsometh.png

Ask Marc2003 to add albumart in his script...