IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hydrogenaudio Forum Rules

- No Warez. This includes warez links, cracks and/or requests for help in getting illegal software or copyrighted music tracks!
- No Spamming or Trolling on the boards, this includes useless posts, trying to only increase post count or trying to deliberately create a flame war.
- No Hateful or Disrespectful posts. This includes: bashing, name-calling or insults directed at a board member.
- Click here for complete Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service

Closed TopicStart new topic
[TOS #8] millionth TOS reminder, thread split
32bitwonder
post May 4 2004, 20:26
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11338

Well, VBR extreme sounded brilliant since the days of Psytel

biggrin.gif

My thoughts about AAC in general are as follows: I've always liked the warm (full) sound of MP3 but to me it has always lacked detail. I then tried OGG, and while it sounded more detailed than MP3, it lacked warmth and sounded brittle in comparison. AAC (to my ears) combines the best of both worlds in terms of warmth and detail. This makes AAC my favourite lossy format.

Just my 2 cents.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dev0
post May 4 2004, 20:31
Post #2

Group: Developer
Member No.: 731

QUOTE (32bitwonder @ May 4 2004, 08:26 PM)
Well, VBR extreme sounded brilliant since the days of Psytel

biggrin.gif

My thoughts about AAC in general are as follows: I've always liked the warm (full) sound of MP3 but to me it has always lacked detail. I then tried OGG, and while it sounded more detailed than MP3, it lacked warmth and sounded brittle in comparison. AAC (to my ears) combines the best of both worlds in terms of warmth and detail. This makes AAC my favourite lossy format.

Just my 2 cents.

Welcome to Hydrogenaudio.org 32bitwonder.
Sorry to offend you, but your 2cents are worth nothing here.
As you might have noticed before HA.org has a very strict policy regarding quality related statements about audio signals and you have to provide at least ABX results when claiming one format's superiority over another.

Please familiarize yourself with TOS#8 before making another quality related statement.

--------------------
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.
+Quote Post
32bitwonder
post May 4 2004, 20:39
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 11338

As you might have noticed before HA.org has a very strict policy regarding quality related statements about audio signals and you have to provide at least ABX results when claiming one format's superiority over another.

You're quite right. My apologies.
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 07:48