Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album art support in 0.9.5 (thread split) (Read 185015 times) previous topic - next topic

Album art support in 0.9.5 (thread split)

Reply #175
The message you quoted has all the info you need.

front.jpg works
somename front.jpg does not
etc.

This relates to the Default User Interface.
Other options may be available with other interface

terry

Reply #176
I was trying to say that there could be more than 4 scans for album. And explained the way how it could be done.
And existing strict requirements for names aren't reasonable (IMHO).

Reply #177
Hello,

Is there a way to indicate to foobar different album art, on different range of files in the *same* dirrectory.
Here's the case

0101 - ... (read it as: cd01 track1)
0102 - ...
0201 - ... (cd02 track01)
0301 - ... (cd03 track01)

With the folder.jpg I just have an album art for the entier folder. I'm interrested to have an album art for each cd.
Here's my proposal:

0100-folder.jpg (or anything that could match such as 0100-front.jpg) <= applies for tracks from 0100 to the next folder art encountered
0200-folder.jpg <= applies for tracks from 0200 to next album art
0300-cd.jpg <= applies for tracks from 0200 to next album art

Reply #178
What does icon do? what name must a jpg have to be shown in that field?

Has anyone yet figured out what picture is displayed there? I failed to find an answer in this thread, the forum or using google. Then a I did a quick test: icon.jpg is not shown.

Any clues out there?

Reply #179
If you don't see any external filename pattern for the "icon" type anywhere, it probably means that there really is none.
It reads embedded art flagged as file icon, see for example FLAC picture metadata, types 1 and 2.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #180
If you don't see any external filename pattern for the "icon" type anywhere, it probably means that there really is none.

Seems logic, now that you're stating it. Thanks for the quick response!

Reply #181
Feature: Only display art for playing track (don't follow selection)

I have been waiting for this feature since 9.6 was released. Is there any progress? Is it hard to implement or is it the fact that you are unsure if you want to implement it at all?

As an perfectionist when it comes to my music I need this feature to feel foobar is complete.

Reply #182
front.jpg works
somename front.jpg does not
etc.

Too bad this is still the case, this makes this feature next to useless for me, I won't go renaming all those <album name>-front.jpg to cover.jpg (I would change the <album name>01.* 02.* if necessary).
Please reconsider (again?) to use all files names that end like *cover.* *front.* (folder.* would be okay I guess) *back.* etc. If multiple exist, just take the first one that matches.
This would be simpler than user configurable options and doesn't really break existing behaviour.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #183
A couple of feature suggestions which don't seem to have been made yet:

"Liner Image" option.

"Auto Image" option - where the various image types have a configurable priority. For example if I have don't have a Cover image but do have an Artist or Disc image, Foobar2000 automatically falls back to one of them. This could include priority of directory or embedded image.

Also, another vote for more flexible naming, & a more tentative vote for checking of parent directory - could be good but probably requires flexible naming implemented first.

A tentative vote too for Selected vs. Now Playing, but following a comment somewhere above I'm going to experiment with Cursor Follows Playback.

Cheers, & thanks for considering.

Reply #184
If you think the default album naming scheme is too restrictive (I do) and want more flexibility I highly recommend you check out foo_covers. It worked wonders for me and I think the developers time would be better spent refining core functionality than expanding eye candy in ways already provided by 3rd party components.

Reply #185
Sorry for intervene but is it possible to delete embedded cover-art with foobar? I can't find such a function.
sometimes it is the best, not to say anything

Reply #186
No.

Use a tagging program such as mp3Tag.

terry