Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Trying (failing) to find Biography View
vomer
post Jan 28 2013, 23:03
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 106217

Hi, newbie to foobar and this forum here. I'm sorry to have to ask, but I'm going round in circles trying to find Biography View. Can anyone point me to a URL? I found one at http://foo2k.chottu.net but I don't know anything about this site and it's in Japanese. Thanks.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
PeteG
post Jan 29 2013, 09:37
Post #2

Member No.: 100577

QUOTE (vomer @ Jan 28 2013, 23:03) *
Hi, newbie to foobar and this forum here. I'm sorry to have to ask, but I'm going round in circles trying to find Biography View. Can anyone point me to a URL? I found one at http://foo2k.chottu.net but I don't know anything about this site and it's in Japanese. Thanks.

It's the right place you've found. foo_uie_biography's HA thread you'll finde here: [Not my release] Biography view (some 20 pages)

Notice the URL in the very first posting.
+Quote Post
vomer
post Jan 30 2013, 13:17
Post #3

Thanks PeteG, I saw how old the thread was and then saw 23 pages. I'll try the link.
+Quote Post
db1989
post Jan 30 2013, 15:11
Post #4

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 32180

QUOTE (PeteG @ Jan 29 2013, 08:37) *
Notice the URL in the very first posting.
Notice the bit in the very first posting here where vomer linked that same site already but said s/he couldnít find a download due to the language barrier.

QUOTE (vomer @ Jan 28 2013, 22:03) *
I found one at http://foo2k.chottu.net but I don't know anything about this site and it's in Japanese.
One neednít know Japanese to figure out that itís a list of components that the author of that page has released, with a download of Biography View provided near the bottom. Even if it werenít so clear, thereís always Google Translate.

This post has been edited by db1989: Jan 30 2013, 15:13
+Quote Post
vomer
post Jan 30 2013, 19:03
Post #5

I don't like to be pedantic, especially where moderators are concerned smile.gif , but I did say "I found one", i.e. a download. I just don't like downloading stuff I don't know anything about, or haven't had recommended. But thanks for confirming this source is OK.

And to add difficulty (at least to me), it's a .dll which I don't have any experience of installing. At least I didn't till just now when I googled it. I'll have a go and let you know.
+Quote Post
PeteG
post Jan 30 2013, 19:07
Post #6

Member No.: 100577

QUOTE (db1989 @ Jan 30 2013, 15:11) *
Notice the bit in the very first posting here where vomer linked that same site already but said s/he couldnít find a download due to the language barrier.

Well, vomer didn't explicitly write, that (s)he was unable to find a place from where to download the Biography View component (I noticed this bit: "I found one at ...").
I just tried to tell vomer, that other foobar2000 & HA users actually use that homepage when downloading the component...
Nevermind, if vomer begins using the bio component and experience difficulties (s)he knows that there is a dedicated HA thread Ė which is alive and well, even if it's some time (> 2 years) since the component has been updated by ssenna, the developer; no reason for learning Japanese this time smile.gif.
+Quote Post
db1989
post Jan 30 2013, 19:09
Post #7

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 32180

Good points. smile.gif Itís the authorís page, so itíll be fine.

You should be able to install the DLL manually (as opposed to the newer, automatic method of using *.fb2k-component files) by copying it to the user-components folder of your installation in Program Files. Let me know if that works OK!

Edit: Actually, you may be able just to install using the Preferences and locate the file; it used to work with *.dll and *.zip files, too, although that functionality may have been removed according to a thread I just read… now I’m confusing myself, not to mention everyone else. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by db1989: Jan 30 2013, 19:13
+Quote Post
vomer
post Jan 30 2013, 22:59
Post #8

Sucess! I unzipped into the components folder. I thought there was a problem till I found that the search doesn't appear till you hit play; just selecting an album in the library doesn't do it. Happy user here now. Thanks for your help guys.

Paul.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th November 2014 - 07:27