Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [fb2k v2] Playlist Attributes (foo_playlist_attributes) (Read 173075 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_playlist_attributes

Reply #100
Thank you for your answer, Yirkha.

Is it an intended behaviour that foo_playlist_attributes bookmarks even files which have been played completely? Steps to reproduce what I am meaning: ...

Could other members who are using this plugin please tell me whether they experience the same situation as me?

If so that would mean that with enabled bookmarking function each track which was entirely played would have to be double clicked to listen to it from its beginning again and I suppose this not to be intended and so I wonder what I am doing wrong.

I need really help and would appreciate any answer very much. Sorry for my horrible English.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #101
Are all plugin settings saved entirely in foobar's config file so that for example all playlist restrictions set by foo_playlist_attributes are removed from them when I delete the plugin and I tell foobar when it runs next time that the settings shall not be kept?
I would think this component rather uses the "playlist properties" API, because it's very handy to store per-playlist settings. Then the attributes would be stored in the individual playlist files, but I might be wrong here.
It works exactly like this

Is it an intended behaviour that foo_playlist_attributes bookmarks even files which have been played completely?
No, it is not intended. Will be changed for the next version

Reply #102
It works exactly like this

And does foobar's "removing procedure" include that (restriction) settings stored in my playlists by foo_playlist_attributes or would they remain in them for ever, however not interpretable by foobar without your component?

I do not want to bother you with this question, but I am using foobar2000 on several computers with different sets of components. Now I am wondering whether I would be well-advised to reset all playlists settings carried out by foo_playlist_attributes on those PCs on which I installed the component for testing purposes only.

No, it is not intended. Will be changed for the next version

Thank you very much, fbuser. I am using foo_playlist_attributes since its first release and it has become very powerfully, with functions I do not want to miss anymore.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #103
And does foobar's "removing procedure" include that (restriction) settings stored in my playlists by foo_playlist_attributes or would they remain in them for ever, however not interpretable by foobar without your component?
No, they will not be automatically removed in any way. But you can do this easily "manually":
  • Goto Preferences -> Tools -> Playlist attributes -> Copy attributes ...
  • Choose as source a Playlist without any settings, i.e. all attributes are set to global
  • Choose as destination: *
  • Keep the checkbox "Remove attributes for the destination" checked
  • Press Ok
But normally it shouldn't hurt keeping the attributes in the playlist.

Reply #104
Bugs:
  • Conflict with Columns UI - Playlist view "Action to perform when double clicking on empty playlist area" setting.
  • Stopping playback does not clear bookmark.

Using latest versions of foobar2000, Columns UI and Playlist Attributes.

Reply #105
Conflict with Columns UI - Playlist view "Action to perform when double clicking on empty playlist area" setting.
Very unlikely. Works for me. Please, provide more information (empty playlist action, playlist attributes settings)

Stopping playback does not clear bookmark.
That's what the bookmarks are for. So, works as designed, no bug.

Reply #106
Conflict with Columns UI - Playlist view "Action to perform when double clicking on empty playlist area" setting.
Very unlikely. Works for me. Please, provide more information (empty playlist action, playlist attributes settings)

When "Action to perform when double clicking on empty playlist area" is set to "(None)", "Edit/Playlist attributes/Copy played tracks to playlist ..." is selected instead. There is no conflict if it is set to anything else.

Thanks for the clarification.

Reply #107
Ok, found the problem. It's not really a conflict with Columns UI, but anyway, will be fixed with the next release.
Thanks for the report.

Reply #108
Thank you for this component. Please update the prefereces page. With the latest foobar version there is a hint that it is a legacy page.

There is a problem with the Playback order toolbar: Sometimes it shows the global order and somtimes the custom order of the playing playlist. For the user there is no indicator for what is displayed. Please change this.

Reply #109
If a track (A) is playing and I start another track (B) the track A is added to the playlist "Default". It doesnt't happen if I stop A before starting B. It doesnt't happen if I disable foo_playlist_attributes so I think it is a bug of this component. Or is this some feature which I have overseen in the settings?

Code: [Select]
Core (2010-04-10 23:21:50 UTC)
    foobar2000 core 1.0.2.1
foo_abx.dll (2009-06-07 12:25:26 UTC)
    ABX Comparator 1.3.4
foo_albumlist.dll (2010-04-10 23:19:56 UTC)
    Album List 4.4
foo_converter.dll (2010-04-10 23:19:30 UTC)
    Converter 1.4
foo_DeleteCurrent.dll (2008-06-30 16:00:02 UTC)
    FooBar2000 Delete Current Track 1.0.0.0
foo_dsp_std.dll (2010-04-10 23:20:02 UTC)
    Standard DSP Array 1.0
foo_fileops.dll (2010-04-10 23:19:08 UTC)
    File Operations 2.1.2
foo_input_std.dll (2010-04-10 23:19:50 UTC)
    Standard Input Array 1.0
foo_playlist_attributes.dll (2009-11-16 19:33:44 UTC)
    Playlist Attributes 0.2.2 [Nov 16 2009 - 20:33:31]
foo_playlist_revive.dll (2009-08-11 09:02:21 UTC)
    Playlist Revive 0.2
foo_quicksearch.dll (2010-04-22 18:41:48 UTC)
    Quick Search Toolbar 1.7.1
foo_rgscan.dll (2010-04-10 23:19:38 UTC)
    ReplayGain Scanner 2.0.9
foo_run.dll (2009-06-07 14:15:18 UTC)
    Run services 0.3.7
foo_texttools.dll (2009-12-23 19:00:22 UTC)
    Text Tools 1.0.4
foo_ui_columns.dll (2009-08-30 15:21:36 UTC)
    Columns UI 0.3.8.0
foo_ui_std.dll (2010-04-10 23:20:12 UTC)
    Default User Interface 0.9.5
foo_uie_bookmarks.dll (2009-12-23 20:42:30 UTC)
    Bookmarks 0.3.0

Reply #110
You probably activated "Copy skipped tracks to playlist ..." either globally or for the playlist you are playing track A from. So, probably a feature not a bug.

Reply #111
Thank you for this component. Please update the prefereces page. With the latest foobar version there is a hint that it is a legacy page.
Already done for the next release.
There is a problem with the Playback order toolbar: Sometimes it shows the global order and somtimes the custom order of the playing playlist. For the user there is no indicator for what is displayed. Please change this.
I don't have any influence on the playback order toolbar. Further there is not really a custom order. I only switch the global order on playback start to the value defined for a playlist and normally switch it back to the previous order when playback stops (for more information, please have a look at the help file accessible via the help menu). If the switching isn't correctly reflected in the toolbar it is a bug there.

Reply #112
Thank you, it seems that I had "Copy skipped tracks to playlist" activated. It is a button so I thought pressing it would copy tracks only once. I recommend that you use a checkbox and a combobox instead of a button. The functionality then would be more obvious to users who don't read the manual.

Reply #113
Definitely not. Your suggestion is not feasible, as the same functionality is also available via main menu not only via preferences. Also, I don't understand why a button, which opens a dialog, should let someone thinking, that there is only a one time action behind.

Reply #114
It is common in all windows applications I know that a verb on a button label describes the action that is executed when the button is pressed, for example: "Reset All", "Save playlist". According to this "rule" you should rename the button to something like "set target playlist" because setting something is what will be done in the appearing dialog.

Reply #115
New version. See first post for download and details.

Reply #116
Many thanks for the new version. I really like the new prioritised playlist options. I've been playing with these options and would make the following remarks;

1) The 'Continue On Playlist' option seems to continue on the previous active playlist not the previous playing playlist. Is this a bug because it doesn't seem correct in my way of using foobar?
2) Could you start playback automatically if the prioritised playlist contains a track?
3) There seems to be some obvious problems with the combinations of prioritised list and 'Playback on Active Playlist'. Maybe grey out options that are mutually exclusive.

Thanks for your hard work, I very much appreciate your efforts.

Reply #117
I've also found that at the start of a track on the playing playlist, the current playlist is switched to the playing playlist. This can be very annoying whilst browsing other playlists.

Reply #118
1) The 'Continue On Playlist' option seems to continue on the previous active playlist not the previous playing playlist. Is this a bug because it doesn't seem correct in my way of using foobar?
This normally happens, if you have activated "Playback follows cursor". Without having this option activated I can't reproduce this. Because of this behaviour also this
3) There seems to be some obvious problems with the combinations of prioritised list and 'Playback on Active Playlist'. Maybe grey out options that are mutually exclusive.
is not that simple. There are several concurrent options, which will considered with a different priority. Therefore I was a bit reluctantly to implement the new features, because it can now be rather complex, which track will be used for playback. On the other hand my goal was to replace the playback queue by using playlists completely. This can be done now (and more). But this also means, that I will not add another level of complexity by implementing this:
2) Could you start playback automatically if the prioritised playlist contains a track?
although the idea is nice.

I've also found that at the start of a track on the playing playlist, the current playlist is switched to the playing playlist. This can be very annoying whilst browsing other playlists.
Basically, I understand it, but it depends on the chosen attributes. If "Start playback on first track" or "Continue on playlist" is active, starting a track will switch to the playing playlist. The first one has technical reasons, the second one seems more logical to me in the most cases. Also, if you are using "Playback follows cursor" this will be done because of core functionality.

Reply #119
Finally got it working as I need. I'm playing one playlist and then just want to listen to one track after the current one and then return to the original playlist and play the next track. It works great...

But! Just a small request, I use Elplaylist and Playlist Dropdown plugins and when play starts on the prioritised playlist neither of the two plugins recognise that the playing playlist has changed. Is this something you could look at or do I need to post messages in relavent plugin threads?

... and it really would be great to automatically start playing in the prioritised playlist when I put a track into it. I won't mention it again 

Reply #120
Finally got it working as I need. I'm playing one playlist and then just want to listen to one track after the current one and then return to the original playlist and play the next track. It works great...
Yes, that was the main idea behind the options "Prioritized playlist" and "Continue on playlist".

But! Just a small request, I use Elplaylist and Playlist Dropdown plugins and when play starts on the prioritised playlist neither of the two plugins recognise that the playing playlist has changed. Is this something you could look at or do I need to post messages in relavent plugin threads?
As there is nothing I can do here, you have to ask ssena and mixcherry. But at least for playlist dropdown it is working for me as expected.

... and it really would be great to automatically start playing in the prioritised playlist when I put a track into it. I won't mention it again 
And I won't change my decision , but if you want to start the playback immeadiatly after adding a track to the prioritized playlist of the currently playing playlist, just hit "Play" again. This will try to restart the playback of the current playing song and therefore will first jump to the prioritized playlist.

Reply #121
I think there is a bug: I was playing a track form a playlist without attributes and then added a track from a playlist with attributes (shuffle,delete after played and playback on active playlist) to the playback queue. But now the tracks are played in default order and aren't deleted.

Reply #122
I think there is a bug: I was playing a track form a playlist without attributes and then added a track from a playlist with attributes (shuffle,delete after played and playback on active playlist) to the playback queue. But now the tracks are played in default order and aren't deleted.
Not a bug more a limitation, already answered here

Reply #123
love it!... why dont you add column/group settings for playlist?
foo foo foo

Reply #124
love it!... why dont you add column/group settings for playlist?
Because this is not the purpose of this plugin and it is not possible anyway. This is the task of a playlist viewer. If you need this functionality, use ELPlaylist or ESPlaylist.