Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 873522 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #900
I don't know bug or not.

I using portable foobar2000 to play my music, sometime my portable drive assign to letter F, sometime assign to letter G, if assign letter F, association of lyric location will F:\xxx\xxx.lrc, but if sometime windows assign me with letter G, then foobar2000 will automatic download the lyric and replace my lyric, some of lyric i manually edit, sudden change all my lyric, really panic.

i not save lyric into tag, only save to lrc format.

where do you store your lyrics, in foobar directory? if yes, you can use extended variables  with %foobar_path% variable in "lyric searching" and "lyric saving" tabs. (i didn't test it though)

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #901
Tks for update firstly,but there maybe a bug on lyrics saving fuction when installed lyrics show pane versionl 3 0.3.5.2 which can not save serched lyrics automatically when saving location's configured by custom,neither any response when click  "save"  button. Is anyone same with me?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #902
It can't find lyrics for me. Does it work behind authentication proxy? Proxy details are set in Networking and audioscrobbler is working fine.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #903
the latest lyrics3 0.3.5.2 it doesn't use lyrics unless you pick with "lyrics search" dialogue when parents path contains full width character "@"

having these files in directory. songs have the same name, but are performed by different artist and instruments

./M@SS/high melody/lyrics/high melody M@SS.lrc
./M@SS/high melody/lyrics/high melody M@SS (feat. violin) (remix ver.).lrc
./M@SS/high melody/1. high melody M@SS.flac
./M@SS/high melody/2. high melody M@SS.flac
./M@SS/high melody/3. high melody M@SS.flac
./M@SS/high melody/4. high melody M@SS.flac
./M@SS/high melody/5. high melody M@SS.flac
./M@SS/high melody/6. high melody M@SS (feat. violin) (new remix ver.).flac

lyrics3 0.3.5.2 doesn't display any lyrics and %search_state% says "found nothing"
lyrics search yields both high melody M@SS.lrc and high melody M@SS (feat. violin) (remix ver.).lrc

change parent directory name to use half width character "@" solved the issue

./M@SS/high melody/lyrics/high melody M@SS.lrc
./M@SS/high melody/lyrics/high melody M@SS (feat. violin) (remix ver.).lrc
./M@SS/high melody/1. high melody M@SS.flac
./M@SS/high melody/2. high melody M@SS.flac
./M@SS/high melody/3. high melody M@SS.flac
./M@SS/high melody/4. high melody M@SS.flac
./M@SS/high melody/5. high melody M@SS.flac
./M@SS/high melody/6. high melody M@SS (feat. violin) (new remix ver.).flac

lyrics3 0.3.5.2 displays lyrics properly
lyrics search still yields both high melody M@SS.lrc and high melody M@SS (feat. violin) (remix ver.).lrc

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #904
@ xvxving

This is a known issue with the latest version, e.g. see posts #845 & 854. I am using 0.3.4 until its fixed.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #905
It can't find lyrics for me. Does it work behind authentication proxy? Proxy details are set in Networking and audioscrobbler is working fine.

Found where to set the proxy. Working fine now.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #906
@ xvxving

This is a known issue with the latest version, e.g. see posts #845 & 854. I am using 0.3.4 until its fixed.

thank you very much, I'd follow your advice to keep it from.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #907
Thank you for your work, especially for the built-in lyrics synchronizer.
This plugin would completely replace foo_uie_lyrics2 for me if there wasn't one minor issue:

I set the scrolling speed to minimum, to get a continuous scrolling behaviour similar to foo_uie_lyrics2.
During playback, when the highlighting is moving to the next line, there is a short time during which no line is highlighted.
Unfortunately, often the next line is still not highlighted in the moment when the timestamp for the next line is reached, making perfectly synchronized lyrics look out of sync.
This is much less noticable when the scrolling speed is set to a higher value, because the scroll range where no line is highlighted is skipped faster then.

Would it be possible to restore the highlighting behaviour of foo_uie_lyrics2, so that one line is always highlighted, to avoid this synchronization issue?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #908
the latest lyrics3 0.3.5.2 it doesn't use lyrics unless you pick with "lyrics search" dialogue when parents path contains full width character "?"

having these files in directory. songs have the same name, but are performed by different artist and instruments

./M?SS/high melody/lyrics/high melody M?SS.lrc
./M?SS/high melody/lyrics/high melody M?SS (feat. violin) (remix ver.).lrc
./M?SS/high melody/1. high melody M?SS.flac
./M?SS/high melody/2. high melody M?SS.flac
./M?SS/high melody/3. high melody M?SS.flac
./M?SS/high melody/4. high melody M?SS.flac
./M?SS/high melody/5. high melody M?SS.flac
./M?SS/high melody/6. high melody M?SS (feat. violin) (new remix ver.).flac

lyrics3 0.3.5.2 doesn't display any lyrics and %search_state% says "found nothing"
lyrics search yields both high melody M?SS.lrc and high melody M?SS (feat. violin) (remix ver.).lrc

change parent directory name to use half width character "@" solved the issue

./M@SS/high melody/lyrics/high melody M?SS.lrc
./M@SS/high melody/lyrics/high melody M?SS (feat. violin) (remix ver.).lrc
./M@SS/high melody/1. high melody M?SS.flac
./M@SS/high melody/2. high melody M?SS.flac
./M@SS/high melody/3. high melody M?SS.flac
./M@SS/high melody/4. high melody M?SS.flac
./M@SS/high melody/5. high melody M?SS.flac
./M@SS/high melody/6. high melody M?SS (feat. violin) (new remix ver.).flac

lyrics3 0.3.5.2 displays lyrics properly
lyrics search still yields both high melody M?SS.lrc and high melody M?SS (feat. violin) (remix ver.).lrc

nvm, I found out that updating component reset setting...for some reason, so artist wasn't ' ' anymore. didn't notice this because component was able to find lyrics of some songs with none empty %artist%

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #909
@ xvxving

can you upload 0.3.4 you have? I've lost it and is in trouble with 0.3.5.2 for not being able to find most of the lyrics, which worked in 0.3.4

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #910
If you do a google search for foo_uie_lyrics3 0.3.4 there already appear to be a number of sites where 0.3.4 can be downloaded. Else you can try temporarily using the save to configuration folder option with 0.3.5.2 instead of the custom save location until the regression is fixed. Both 0.3.4 & 0.3.5.2 seem to find lyrics fine for me.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #911
I've uploaded 0.3.4 to the google code project - http://code.google.com/p/foo-uie-lyrics3/downloads/list.

Many apologies for my lack of presence on the forum, life has been getting the better of me! I have a bit of a holiday coming up, so I will have time to get back to this project. Thanks to those who have reported bugs/feature suggestions, I will bear them in mind when I get started.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #912
If you do a google search for foo_uie_lyrics3 0.3.4 there already appear to be a number of sites where 0.3.4 can be downloaded. Else you can try temporarily using the save to configuration folder option with 0.3.5.2 instead of the custom save location until the regression is fixed. Both 0.3.4 & 0.3.5.2 seem to find lyrics fine for me.

0.3.5.2 hasn't  been able to find lyrics for me (local file search), which used t work in 0.3.4. google search for downloading of 0.3.4 only redirect you back to foobar's component page, which doesn't exist for 0.3.4. I'm only using local file search, and 0.3.5.2 hasn't been working for me.

my post at 904 stands, not sure why full/half width @ would make a difference. setting artist to a space ' ', solved the this issue, but 0.3.5.2 still cannot find many lyrics for so many other songs that I had no problem with 0.3.4. in preference page, I can set artist as [%artist%] and title as [%title%] and local file search still works in 0.3.4, but not in 0.3.5.2. downgrading back to 0.3.4 resolved all local file search issues for me, so I'm staying with 0.3.4 for now.

I've uploaded 0.3.4 to the google code project - http://code.google.com/p/foo-uie-lyrics3/downloads/list.

Many apologies for my lack of presence on the forum, life has been getting the better of me! I have a bit of a holiday coming up, so I will have time to get back to this project. Thanks to those who have reported bugs/feature suggestions, I will bear them in mind when I get started.

thanks for your great work on this great plugin. I'm just trying to get a working version for now. I was on google code site, but it only had 0.5.2 beta. maybe keeping a history of different versions on google code page would be a good idea.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #913
0.3.5.2 hasn't  been able to find lyrics for me (local file search)....
....not sure why full/half width @ would make a difference. setting artist to a space...
Noted, I will look into this as soon as I get time.

...keeping a history of different versions on google code page would be a good idea....
They are actually already there (or some of them are anyway), I've just labelled them as deprecated so they don't appear unless you choose to display 'all downloads'.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #914
0.3.5.2 hasn't  been able to find lyrics for me (local file search)....
....not sure why full/half width @ would make a difference. setting artist to a space...
Noted, I will look into this as soon as I get time.

...keeping a history of different versions on google code page would be a good idea....
They are actually already there (or some of them are anyway), I've just labelled them as deprecated so they don't appear unless you choose to display 'all downloads'.

just tried. looks like deprecated won't appear unless I perform a search using "*" with "all download". now I know how to do this. thanks

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #915
Version 0.3.6 beta uploaded to google code page (http://code.google.com/p/foo-uie-lyrics3/downloads/list).

Changelog:
- Fixed custom save directory problems.
- Fixed bug with small window sizes producing black window.
- Possible fix to the deadlock described by revenant.
- Some other small fixes.

Please test and give any feedback. Thanks.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #916
@the vern

I've installed 0.3.6 beta
after short testing it seems that the issue with wrong lyrics (%album% + %title% are identical) is closed - GREAT!!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #917
@the vern
0.3.6 beta can find more local lrc files than 0.3.5.2, but still cannot find all of the lrc files that 0.3.4 can find. I still haven't figure out what's the pattern that causes this difference on 0.3.6 beta

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #918
I'll guess that the plugin is having trouble finding local LRC files with the "☆" in the filename then.  (A certain lrc file went missing on me but I'm sure I created it myself a while ago.  I didn't bother going into Windows Explorer to look for it though)

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #919
@the vern

after short testing it seems that the issue with wrong lyrics (%album% + %title% are identical) is closed - GREAT!!

I object this. many of my local lyric files has %title% == %ALBUM% and 0.3.6 beta can't find lyric files for quite a few of them, but 0.3.4 can find all of them. if your case is closed for online search, then I still have this issue with local file search.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #920
@the vern

I object this. many of my local lyric files has %title% == %ALBUM% and 0.3.6 beta can't find lyric files for quite a few of them, but 0.3.4 can find all of them. if your case is closed for online search, then I still have this issue with local file search.

I think it depends on how you save your lyrics.
I save my lyrics with %filename%
and %filename% consists of a unique key for the album, cd-number, track-number (e.g.: X01822-01-05 - artist - album)
and thus I have a unique filename for each track.

with version 0.3.6 beta, displaying wrong saved lyrcis is fixed (for me)

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #921
@supercoolman

fixed is: displaying wrong saved lyrics, if %album% + %title% are the same (to make it clearer)
come to think of it: all my saved lyrics will be found; there's not one lyric that I've saved, that won't be displayed
                            maybe you should run "batch association" once more

good luck

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #922
@SUPERCOOLMAN
I think I've fixed what is causing these problems, will release soon - just in the middle of fixing something else atm.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #923
I've uploaded 0.3.6 beta 2 to the google code page: http://code.google.com/p/foo-uie-lyrics3/downloads/list

Changelog:
- Hopeful fix for the album and title file search problems.
- Changes to the fading of the lyric lines - they actually now fade (I'd broken it previously). It also now fades the next line whilst the current line is fading out - so there shouldn't be problems with no line being highlighted if there's a long time gap between different lines. Also at very slow scroll speeds, no fading occurs.
- The local file search is no longer forceably enabled if you are saving to file (this is not necessary anymore).

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #924
I've uploaded 0.3.6 beta 2 to the google code page: http://code.google.com/p/foo-uie-lyrics3/downloads/list

Changelog:
- Hopeful fix for the album and title file search problems.
- Changes to the fading of the lyric lines - they actually now fade (I'd broken it previously). It also now fades the next line whilst the current line is fading out - so there shouldn't be problems with no line being highlighted if there's a long time gap between different lines. Also at very slow scroll speeds, no fading occurs.
- The local file search is no longer forceably enabled if you are saving to file (this is not necessary anymore).

tested 0.3.6 beta 2 - all fixes OK
thank you very very much