Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Encoding with speex. (Read 3662 times) previous topic - next topic

Encoding with speex.

Hello,

So I'm using speex to encode my data which I'm using for this program I'm building. At this point I have an unsigned char array holding my raw WAV data and I'm setting it up to pass to speex.

Now, based on the manual , the real encoding happens when I call speex_encode and speex_bits_write...

What I'm wondering... speex encode takes a float * as the input frame, I guess that isn't a problem because char * size = float * size. The issue I'm having is I don't pass in the size of MY raw data buffer anywhere ? is that size supposed to be the frame size ?

If I have this totally wrong, how do I pass in my raw data buffer to speex properly to encode and write to another buffer ? The docs unfortunately aren't too descriptive

Sorry if I'm too newbie