Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Sound Issues (Read 1899 times) previous topic - next topic

Sound Issues

Hello,
I'm using a 2.1 Teufel Concept C 200 USB for listening music on my PC and lately (yesterday and today) I had some issues with the sound.
First, I let my PC run 24/7 and yesterday when I woke up and wanted to listen to some music while breakfast my sound was completely gone.
MPC played, but there was no sound, fb2k didn't even start a song. I couldn't do anything. It worked the night before, though.
After a reboot everything was fixed and I though it was a glitch or someting.
But today in the morning I had a problem again. This time the sound was very distorted, kinda sounded like some shitty 128kbit/s mp3.
After I rebooted it worked fine again.

What could be causing this?

Another problem I have is, that the volume goes down if there is a lot of bass in a song.
Like, they sing, bass starts, singing gets quieter, bass ends, singing goes back to normal volume.

Again, what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance.
The very act of observing, influences what happens.

Sound Issues

Reply #1
For the last problem, in Windows 7, for example, check right-click on Taskbar volume icon, click Playback Devices, open Properties and Enhancements on the device you're using and ensure the Enhancements are off. Might be that there's Loudness Equalization being used?

Just something to check
Dynamic – the artist formerly known as DickD

Sound Issues

Reply #2
Nope, everything is turned off there.

Sound Issues

Reply #3
Hello,
I'm using a 2.1 Teufel Concept C 200 USB for listening music on my PC and lately (yesterday and today) I had some issues with the sound.
First, I let my PC run 24/7 and yesterday when I woke up and wanted to listen to some music while breakfast my sound was completely gone.
MPC played, but there was no sound, fb2k didn't even start a song. I couldn't do anything. It worked the night before, though.
After a reboot everything was fixed and I though it was a glitch or someting.
But today in the morning I had a problem again. This time the sound was very distorted, kinda sounded like some shitty 128kbit/s mp3.
After I rebooted it worked fine again.

What could be causing this?

If you have the usual kinds of power management in place, its possible that the audio interface is having problems coming out of some power saving mode.

It could also be a thermal fault that gets reset by a thorough power off and cold boot.

Another problem I have is, that the volume goes down if there is a lot of bass in a song.
Like, they sing, bass starts, singing gets quieter, bass ends, singing goes back to normal volume.

Again, what could be causing this?

The first question is what did you change most recently that could affect this?

The second question is what else changed?

Sound Issues

Reply #4
If you have the usual kinds of power management in place, its possible that the audio interface is having problems coming out of some power saving mode.

It could also be a thermal fault that gets reset by a thorough power off and cold boot.

This is a good idea. I'll try not using the standby-mode of the system, to see if the problem prevails.

The first question is what did you change most recently that could affect this?

The second question is what else changed?

The problem could have been there since I own the system, maybe I just didn't play any songs with enough bass, or didn't notice.
Could it be a hardware issue?