Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: does the flac installer contain directshow filters? (Read 8185 times) previous topic - next topic

does the flac installer contain directshow filters?

does the flac installer contain directshow filters? up untill now i havent needed to use the installer...but imgburn needs additional directshow filters for flac so i either need to use the flac installer or a seperate directshow filter...so what do you people use lol 

Reply #1
I use CoreFLAC but it doesn't work on dual core and is unstable also on single cpu. I tried to extract a couple of libraries of the Illiminable FLAC Codec Pack but they didn't register. If you don't feel like installing the whole pack, then you're SOL on FLAC decoding in DirectShow.

Reply #2
Copied from another thread:

"I struggled to get ImgBurn to burn FLACs without dropping frames at the end of files. I was testing with a gapless live album and there were ticks between some of the songs. After exchanging messages with ImgBurn's author, I confirmed the problem was with the DirectShow filters I was using. Illiminable and CoreFLAC don't work right.

Fortunately this one does: DC-Bass Source Filter, http://www.dsp-worx.de/?n=15. The CDR was verified by ImgBurn and had no audible gaps."

MadFlac is another choice in the future.  It does not work at the moment but the author is working on it.

Reply #3
Copied from another thread:

"I struggled to get ImgBurn to burn FLACs without dropping frames at the end of files. I was testing with a gapless live album and there were ticks between some of the songs. After exchanging messages with ImgBurn's author, I confirmed the problem was with the DirectShow filters I was using. Illiminable and CoreFLAC don't work right.

Fortunately this one does: DC-Bass Source Filter, http://www.dsp-worx.de/?n=15. The CDR was verified by ImgBurn and had no audible gaps."

MadFlac is another choice in the future.  It does not work at the moment but the author is working on it.

thanks alot...removed the all filters except flac  from the register.ini and installed it...burned a flac/cue in imgburn just fine 

Reply #4
DC-Bass appears to be a good solution for FLAC, and also AAC.  At first I overlooked the Registration.ini and wondered why the filter worked in graphedit but didn't want to connect automatically. lol

Isn't it odd that a CD writer works with DirectShow? It could just interface with BASS or Winamp plugins and work out of the box completely standalone.

Reply #5
i wonder if future versions of imgburn will have the directshow filters in the installer so people dont need to get these themselves...it would seem like that would be a good option

Reply #6
ImgBurn should never install DirectShow components automatically. It would be even worse than just depending on them. See what mess is Nero causing with movie playback.

Reply #7
so whats the best solution...just have imgburn use the directfilters internally without installing them?

Reply #8
so whats the best solution...
Talk to the BASS library.

DSP Worx filter won't play multichannel files. Is this as it supposed to be?