Post #1776

Group: Members
Member No.: 119515

Another thing :

We have :
REMAINING_TRACK_CREDITS : Remix - DJ La Monde; Producer - Bolz Bolz
DISCOGS_RELEASE_CREDITS : DJ Mix, Compiled By - Christian Weber

Now we want to have these 2 together in :
INVOLVED_PEOPLE_TEST : $zip(%DISCOGS_RELEASE_CREDITS%,'; ',%REMAINING_TRACK_CREDITS%)

But this brings out the following :
DJ Mix, Compiled By - Christian Weber; Remix - DJ La Monde, Producer - Bolz Bolz
I would expect
DJ Mix, Compiled By - Christian Weber; Remix - DJ La Monde; Producer - Bolz Bolz

Also, can we achieve that we separate the roles in the credits :
eg not
DJ Mix, Compiled By - Christian Weber;
but
DJ Mix - Christian Weber; Compiled By - Christian Weber;

Would be great. I am a hardcore tagger and this customizable plugin seems to be a dream come true because in all the other discogs taggers you are somehow nailed down to what the developer thinks...

Cheers

This post has been edited by Hydroc: May 26 2015, 18:12
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Hydroc
post May 26 2015, 20:27
Post #1777

One more request : Can we achieve to get an original date for the release tagged? As this is no own field in discogs normally that would be somehow the date (or year) of the master release. As I have many re-releases or remasters that would be of great benefit, too.

Hope I am not bombing you too much crying.gif
+Quote Post
zoomorph
post May 26 2015, 20:42
Post #1778

Group: Developer
Member No.: 117002

Hydroc,

Please provide a Discogs release ID for the release you are testing, so I can reproduce the problem, then find the bug. Big thanks!
+Quote Post
Hydroc
post May 26 2015, 20:53
Post #1779

It's 13179
+Quote Post
zoomorph
post May 26 2015, 20:54
Post #1780

QUOTE (Hydroc @ May 26 2015, 20:27) *
One more request : Can we achieve to get an original date for the release tagged? As this is no own field in discogs normally that would be somehow the date (or year) of the master release. As I have many re-releases or remasters that would be of great benefit, too.

%MASTER_RELEASE_YEAR% is available, when applicable. Unfortunately, I haven't yet figured out how to detect if a release is a re-issue or not. Sometimes remix releases are in a Discogs master release with all different tracks that would be incorrect to use the original release date.
+Quote Post
Hydroc
post May 26 2015, 21:02
Post #1781

QUOTE (zoomorph @ May 26 2015, 20:54) *
QUOTE (Hydroc @ May 26 2015, 20:27) *

%MASTER_RELEASE_YEAR% is available, when applicable. Unfortunately, I haven't yet figured out how to detect if a release is a re-issue or not. Sometimes remix releases are in a Discogs master release with all different tracks that would be incorrect to use the original release date.

Well, if correct entry in discogs, what surely is not always the case, you will find Reissue or Repress in Format, see 6218644 for instance.

Essentially everything released after the master release is a reissue. Wikipedia pretty much nails it : "A reissue (also known as a re-release or re-edition) is the repeated issue of a published work. In common usage, it refers to an album which has been released at least once before and is released again, sometimes with alterations or additions."

Sometimes there are a lot versions also in the same country of one release, sometimes from different labels also, especially from albums that had great success. As I am always trying to get the exact release and discogs encourages the people to always use the date of the release itself (which is correct btw), it is always interesting when the original version was released.
+Quote Post
zoomorph
post May 26 2015, 21:04
Post #1782

Here is some initial documentation I've written. It's a first draft, untested, so it might not be completely accurate, but it should be helpful.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ggvrd0

Your first issue, with the empty Remix credit, is a bug that I'm looking into. Both issues are likely related to the $join() used. That is what causes the ", " join between roles, instead of the "; " join (multi-value tag). I will figure out the changes necessary and get back to you.
+Quote Post
Hydroc
post May 26 2015, 21:06
Post #1783

This has a ZIP error when opening?!?
+Quote Post
Hydroc
post May 26 2015, 21:25
Post #1784

. Sometimes remix releases are in a Discogs master release with all different tracks that would be incorrect to use the original release date.

How has a remix release all different tracks? Do you have an example?? If not the tracks of the master release are remixed then it shouldn't be in there. If there are remixes of original versions the original date of the original date might be of interest. Someone doesn't need to use it if he doesn't like it. But this really depends on a personal POV I think.
+Quote Post
zoomorph
post May 26 2015, 21:34
Post #1785

QUOTE (Hydroc @ May 26 2015, 21:25) *
. Sometimes remix releases are in a Discogs master release with all different tracks that would be incorrect to use the original release date.

How has a remix release all different tracks? Do you have an example?? If not the tracks of the master release are remixed then it shouldn't be in there. If there are remixes of original versions the original date of the original date might be of interest. Someone doesn't need to use it if he doesn't like it. But this really depends on a personal POV I think.

Something like this: remixes made 8 years later, so it wouldn't be considered a re-issue or re-release, but it's in the same master release.
http://www.discogs.com/3-Phase-Feat-Dr-Mot...d/release/53141

You're right about the reissue tag in the format on Discogs. However, from what I've seen there are many, many re-issues that don't have that tag, so it doesn't seem like an accurate way to tell if something is a reissue. But of course the right thing would be for us to edit the database and add that tag as we go.... :-)

Try this file..
https://www.sendspace.com/file/iwjl82
+Quote Post
Hydroc
post May 26 2015, 21:40
Post #1786

WTF "Der Klang der Familie", remembering my techno time wink.gif

But for me I would also add the original release date of the track to this release. As I said, it's a point-of-view-thing. For me it's enough to have just possibility to access the year of the master release, I will decide on a release basis if I use it or not as I have to revisit every release, it's no auto-tag and forget process for me...

Yes, we should do that, but I have to re-tag 800+ releases, I won't wink.gif

This file works now, great thanks!

This post has been edited by Hydroc: May 26 2015, 21:43
+Quote Post
zoomorph
post May 26 2015, 21:51
Post #1787

Of course, it's a matter of preference. Personally, I would like to know when a release is a re-issue and the original date, excluding the original date of master release of remix-releases. :-P

Discogs is a bit tricky because they usually go with "whatever the release says", rather than following a strict formula for determining all information about the release. So we will never have complete accuracy.

Cheers
+Quote Post
Hydroc
post May 26 2015, 22:11
Post #1788

Nothing in life will ever be perfect, I had a hard time learning that and this process is still not finished...
+Quote Post
zoomorph
post May 26 2015, 22:59
Post #1789

QUOTE (Hydroc @ May 26 2015, 17:40) *
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BUT ; If you just want to cut out the producer additionally like :
REMAINING_TRACK_CREDITS : $zip($join($filter(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ROLES>>%,$append('Composed By','Score','Written-By','Written By','Music By','Programmed By','Songwriter','Producer'))),' - ',$join(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%))

The result is :
Remix ->> THIS IS NOT EXPECTED, it cutted out the " - DJ La Monde"

Nice catch. I found the bug, and it should be fixed in this build:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/fcp8vo

QUOTE (Hydroc @ May 26 2015, 18:06) *
Another thing :

We have :

INVOLVED_PEOPLE_TEST : $zip(%DISCOGS_RELEASE_CREDITS%,'; ',%REMAINING_TRACK_CREDITS%)

DJ Mix, Compiled By - Christian Weber; Remix - DJ La Monde, Producer - Bolz Bolz
I would expect
DJ Mix, Compiled By - Christian Weber; Remix - DJ La Monde; Producer - Bolz Bolz

First of all, I don't think $zip is the function you want. More likely you want $extend, to combine the two lists into a single list made of all of their elements.

The problem, however, is that when you load a multi-value tag via %DISCOGS_RELEASE_CREDITS%, titleformatting joins the multiple values into a string (since normal titleformatting doesn't have a concept of arrays), separated by ", ".

You could use $split(%DISCOGS_RELEASE_CREDITS%) to attempt to split them into an array. The problem with this is that it might split at the wrong parts. If we have a credit like "Written-By, Producer - Laurent Collat", it would be split it into [Written-By,Producer - Laurent Collat].

So, I think you simply can't/shouldn't do this.

If you really want to write arrays to intermediate tags and load them back for other tags, you could $join() them with a very nique delimiter that won't accidentally occur, then $split() with the same delimiter when re-loading them, to get your array back.

But really what I SHOULD do, so as a function like $multi_meta(), similar to builtin $meta, which can be used to load a multi-value tag as an array instead of as a string. I'll add this to the TODO list.

eg not
but

Let's break down what the original DISCOGS_TRACK_CREDITS tag does:
$zip($join(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ROLES>>%),' - ',$join(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%))

In this case,
%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ROLES>>% = [[DJ Mix,Compiled By]]
%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>% = [[Christian Weber]]

We call $join() on both, resulting in:
['DJ Mix, Compiled By'] and
[Christian Weber]

Then we call $zip(['DJ Mix, Compiled By'],' - ',[Christian Weber]), resulting in:
DJ Mix, Compiled By - Christian Weber

But you don't want to call $join() on [[DJ Mix,Compiled By]].

Instead, how about if we $zip directly on %<<TRACK_CREDITS_ROLES>>%., like so:
$zip(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ROLES>>%,' - ',$join(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%))

The result will now be:
[[DJ Mix - Christian Weber,Compiled By - Christian Weber]]

If we left it at that, it would be implicitly $joined when written to the tag, because array depth is > 1, and it would write "DJ Mix - Christian Weber, Compiled By - Christian Weber".

Instead, we can call $flatten on it to reduce the depth to 1. So, this should do what you desire:

$flatten($zip(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ROLES>>%,' - ',$join(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%)))

QUOTE (Hydroc @ May 26 2015, 22:11) *
Nothing in life will ever be perfect, I had a hard time learning that and this process is still not finished...

Since perfect is a relative term, it's meaningless to say that nothing is perfect. Equally meaningless to say that everything is perfect. And that is the difference between an optimist and a pessimist. Strangely, I rarely hear anyone say that the world is perfect, and I frequently hear them complaining about problems or imperfections with the everything. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by zoomorph: May 26 2015, 23:03
+Quote Post
Hydroc
post May 27 2015, 07:58
Post #1790

QUOTE (zoomorph @ May 26 2015, 22:59) *
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BUT ; If you just want to cut out the producer additionally like :
REMAINING_TRACK_CREDITS : $zip($join($filter(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ROLES>>%,$append('Composed By','Score','Written-By','Written By','Music By','Programmed By','Songwriter','Producer'))),' - ',$join(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%))

The result is :
Remix ->> THIS IS NOT EXPECTED, it cutted out the " - DJ La Monde"

Nice catch. I found the bug, and it should be fixed in this build:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/fcp8vo

This is working now, thanks!

QUOTE (Hydroc @ May 26 2015, 18:06) *
Another thing :

We have :

I would expect

First of all, I don't think $zip is the function you want. More likely you want $extend, to combine the two lists into a single list made of all of their elements.

The problem, however, is that when you load a multi-value tag via %DISCOGS_RELEASE_CREDITS%, titleformatting joins the multiple values into a string (since normal titleformatting doesn't have a concept of arrays), separated by ", ".

You could use $split(%DISCOGS_RELEASE_CREDITS%) to attempt to split them into an array. The problem with this is that it might split at the wrong parts. If we have a credit like "Written-By, Producer - Laurent Collat", it would be split it into [Written-By,Producer - Laurent Collat].

So, I think you simply can't/shouldn't do this.

If you really want to write arrays to intermediate tags and load them back for other tags, you could $join() them with a very nique delimiter that won't accidentally occur, then $split() with the same delimiter when re-loading them, to get your array back.

But really what I SHOULD do, so as a function like $multi_meta(), similar to builtin $meta, which can be used to load a multi-value tag as an array instead of as a string. I'll add this to the TODO list.

Well, I tried that because that was what you proposed a few posts before in your example witth TESTXXX, TESTYYY, ... wink.gif

eg not
but

Let's break down what the original DISCOGS_TRACK_CREDITS tag does:
$zip($join(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ROLES>>%),' - ',$join(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%))

In this case,
%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ROLES>>% = [[DJ Mix,Compiled By]]
%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>% = [[Christian Weber]]

We call $join() on both, resulting in:
['DJ Mix, Compiled By'] and
[Christian Weber]

Then we call $zip(['DJ Mix, Compiled By'],' - ',[Christian Weber]), resulting in:
DJ Mix, Compiled By - Christian Weber

But you don't want to call $join() on [[DJ Mix,Compiled By]].

Instead, how about if we $zip directly on %<<TRACK_CREDITS_ROLES>>%., like so:
$zip(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ROLES>>%,' - ',$join(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%))

The result will now be:
[[DJ Mix - Christian Weber,Compiled By - Christian Weber]]

If we left it at that, it would be implicitly $joined when written to the tag, because array depth is > 1, and it would write "DJ Mix - Christian Weber, Compiled By - Christian Weber".

Instead, we can call $flatten on it to reduce the depth to 1. So, this should do what you desire:

$flatten($zip(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ROLES>>%,' - ',$join(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%)))

QUOTE (Hydroc @ May 26 2015, 22:11) *

Since perfect is a relative term, it's meaningless to say that nothing is perfect. Equally meaningless to say that everything is perfect. And that is the difference between an optimist and a pessimist. Strangely, I rarely hear anyone say that the world is perfect, and I frequently hear them complaining about problems or imperfections with the everything. laugh.gif

This also works, thanks for your support.
+Quote Post

72 Pages V  « < 70 71 72
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: zoomorph

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2015 - 09:58